Goldpharma customers in Ireland: Bad news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried to log into Goldpharma today to process the refund they'd offered us for a baclofen consignment which got stopped to be greeted with this screen:

Anyone relying on Goldpharma for their baclofen is going to have to come up with a new way of getting their medication. And if they are already on Bac they will need to start thinking fast to avoid a withdrawal.

Best bet, if you can, is to get someone in Northern Ireland to accept your package at their address. Other than that a trip to Spain with a baclofen package saying you forgot your prescription, will likely get you a pharmacist to resupply you. Alternatively you can go a local health clinic in Spain with your baclofen box and they will most likely write you a new prescription, this is free if you have your EHIC card.

Also worth a try is to go to your GP, or any GP - you can see whoever you want in Ireland as long as you pay for the consultation, ?50-65, and tell them you are taking baclofen, that it's helping and you will continue to take it form abroad if necessary but you would prefer to do it under medical supervision. GPs in Ireland are much more independent than NHS doctors in the UK and can use more of their own discretion.

Hi Ally. I got this email from them 2 days ago which shows all was fine with Ireland.

Your order: xxxxxx has been processed and is being assigned to the relevant pharmacies for despatch, when we will notify you by email. I can confirm that the Lioresal (baclofen) component will be shipped from Germany. Routinely, following despatch, consignments to Ireland can take 10 business days or occasionally a little longer to arrive at their destination and your understanding and cooperation in the matter are appreciated. However, in the event of any further enquiries, please contact us at your earliest convenience.

My package is due Mon /Tues so I dont know what will happen. I have ordered mainly Antabuse with a few Bac for "taster" purposes. I wasnt planning to start the real baclofen journey. I was looking at their shipping page and they havent actually said they wont post to Ireland as such. Im not sure what that page you posted means. Hmm maybe Im the last customer to order from Ireland???. I dont know. Have you written to them directly to ask them is it over for Irish customers?
    I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

What would happen if you selected "Yes" on the declaration page?

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Thats what I was wondering too! I will be able to contribute more to this early next week when I see what happens to my order.
        I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

Comment

You can fly to Spain from our airport, Glasgow, for ?7.90 each way at the moment, plus taxes etc. Can we come to Ireland and get a prescription there for over 100 mg? I wonder if it would be accepted here. I am thinking of coming over on the ferry. Also, what is the legal situation with possessing a class c drug ordered over the internet? I thought these internet providers required some form of prescription. You can have 3 months supply of medicine shipped into the country but that is non-prescription medication only.

In spite of having a bevy of doctors all advising my wife to take over 100mg of baclofen our GP won't. We are running low!
          BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

I remember someone on MWO giving directions to a chemist in Spain/or Turkey where you could walk in and buy it otc. Otter I had it in my head it was you but obviously not.I just cant think who it was. Whether you could get a px in Ireland or not would depend on the Dr in question I suppose. You wouldnt know until you walked in and asked.I suppose you could say you were on holidays and had run out of your muscle relaxant for your bad back. Then you could use it in any Irish chemist. Do you mean for a one off event or regularly?

Comment

Otter;1070681 wrote: I thought these internet providers required some form of prescription. You can have 3 months supply of medicine shipped into the country but that is non-prescription medication only.

No that's not right. You can import 3 months worth of prescription
              medicine (for your own use), you just can't import controlled drugs e.g. opiate based medicines.

The unexamined life is not worth living

Comment

Murphyx;1070709 wrote: No that's not right. You can import 3 months worth of prescription medicine (for your own use), you just can't import controlled drugs e.g. opiate based medicines.
                And just what counts as 3 months worth?

Comment

Murphyx;1070709 wrote: No that's not right. You can import 3 months worth of prescription medicine (for your own use), you just can't import controlled drugs e.g. opiate based medicines.
                  Thanks for that, I must have read something wrong. That is what I initially thought. Hey, what do I know. I'm a short order cook.
                  BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

coalfire;1070684 wrote: I remember someone on MWO giving directions to a chemist in Spain/or Turkey where you could walk in and buy it otc. Otter I had it in my head it was you but obviously not.I just cant think who it was. Whether you could get a px in Ireland or not would depend on the Dr in question I suppose. You wouldnt know until you walked in and asked.I suppose you could say you were on holidays and had run out of your muscle relaxant for your bad back. Then you could use it in any Irish chemist. Do you mean for a one off event or regularly?
                    Yes it was me. Mallorcan pharmacies are very lax in selling prescription drugs without a prescription. I asked one girl in a pharmacy if it was ok and she just said, "I sold it to you". I just don't think the regulators are that rigorous. I suppose it depends on the type of medicine. Some will sell Baclofen and some won't, it is hit and miss. I think there must be something going on with people using it to come off cocaine because it seemed to be available in the sort of places you would expect people to be doing cocaine, Arenal, Port of Soller, Arta. Very wealthy or very druggy. If you find a pharmacy that will give it to you then they will order you in whatever you want, more or less.

You can get it without any problem in Cyprus, specifically the Northern Turkish Republic of Cyprus, which is, as you know, an area occupied militarily by Turkey so it is a bit lawless. Regulating the supply of Baclofen is probably a fair ways down on their political agenda.

We know people there who can buy it. I may ask if they would send some more.

I don't think Ireland is the way for us. It sounds as problematical as getting a prescription here. I am thinking of going into a doctor in Mallorca and seeing if we can get a prescription there which we can use here or getting a few months supply on prescription there. It is all a pain in the a..
                    BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

Olivier Ameisen

Comment

It is all a pain in the a..
                      __________________Boy you can say that again!! Good luck.

Comment

My meds arrived this morning from Goldpharma. inkele: So I dont know what that means for Irish Goldpharma customers. Was I the last? Is it still worth taking a chance? I dont know. I am going to email goldpharma customer support now and let them know there was no problem so hopefully they wont take too much of a hardline approach to Irish customers who want to take the chance. Oh and to our delightful Nazi like customs people:finger:

Comment

We also got a parcel this morning of 3 bottles which I ordered exactly a week ago. If nothing else it's a huge relief to know that my address isn't on some sort of watch list. Goldpharma have also agreed to send the 10 bottles which got stopped to a friend's address in the UK.

Thinking about it, I suspect that if an Irish resident customer selects "yes" on the pop-up over the front page they probably forfeit any right to a refund or replacement if their order gets stopped. Goldpharma may have put up this new pop-up to protect themselves as they were replacing a lot of orders at cost to them for something which is not their fault.

With the current reserve, the 3 new bottles and the 10 we are having sent to England Longshot should have enough to supplement his prescription for the rest of 2011 (roughly, depending on where his dose settles).

I have to also admit I've been freaking out a bit about what's going on. I've read that there are rumours of Baclofen being sold by Russian cocaine dealers to soften come-downs and I have a paranoid fantasy about customs officials deciding that I'm in league with cocaine smugglers due to the 13 bottles of bac and coming to lean on me to give up my Russian Mafia business partners.

Comment

Dont worry Ally B if they send you to prison we will spring you out-I promise! Also dont forget during interrogation keep your eyes on a spot on the wall and remember the old Irish adage. "Whatever you say,say nothing!" Im glad you got your meds and yes that means your name isnt on a customs watch list-unless of course they are using you to get closer to the Russians:H I think your probably right about goldpharma trying to lower their refund costs. I suppose we wont know until another Irish customer tries to order or until I try to order again. Anyway it sounds like you are well set up now for a while so yourself and Longshot wont have to worry about all that customs lark for a long time.

Comment

I too hail from Ireland and was dealing with alldaychemist but all my meds were getting stoped. The Irish Med Board are very strict on anything coming from India. I emailed the company and they rerouted it through the US for me.

I get my naltraxone over the counter at times in the Canary Islands and France. If only our Gov were on top of the finances of this country as they are about us folk trying to make our lives better.

Comment

Working...
                              X