My first bac test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first bac test

Today I am going up to 260 mgs. I might have actually hit the switch at 240, but I am going to push on through and be absolutely sure. I have been drug and booze free for 71 days.

I am going to test myself today. I am going to a basketball game this afternoon. I have been a season ticket holder for this particular team for about 15 years. About 9 year ago, they built a new arena, which is located in a drug infested area. To get to the games, I have to travel past a den of dope houses. On many occasions, I never made it to the game. Other times, I never made it out of the neighborhood once the game was over. I quit going once I started baclofen.

This afternoon, I am going to drive right through my old stomping grounds. Once I get to the arena, people will be pounding alcohol all around me. I am not going alone, and I have put safeguards in place. However, I am going to see if my triggers are still there, and if so, to what degree.

Tonight, I will let ya?ll know what happened. Some people have advised me not to do this, but I believe in data and I need to know where I stand.

:fingers:
    Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before.
    - Jacob August Riis

My first bac test

Nah, I reckon go for it. The whole point of this is to get your life back, and this is a part of it. If your switch is anything like mine, you shouldn't have a problem.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Comment

My first bac test

Report back Pbar. We want to hear about your adventures!
      This Princess Saved Herself

Comment

My first bac test

Good Luck

Comment

My first bac test

So, how did it go?

Comment

My first bac test

May the force be with you....

Comment

My first bac test

PbarE, thinking about you and hoping it went well.

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

My first bac test

How you doing PbarE?

Comment

My first bac test

amy001;1072090 wrote: newsletter. . . then go ahead and bring them.Excellent read and of all Seth's books, the most passionate and personal and a remarkable vision. Definitely recommend it.
                  ??

Comment

My first bac test

It was pretty damn amazing.

I can’t say I was indifferent to my triggers, but I was able to dismiss them easily. I have a feeling that The Switch is right around the corner.
                    Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before.
                    - Jacob August Riis

Comment

My first bac test

Nice one PbarE. Whether or not indifference is around the corner, still pretty amazing stuff.

Well done.

Comment

My first bac test

Yahhhhh for you...

Comment

My first bac test

Fan-fricking-tastic!:clapclap:

So, how was the game? Were you able to enjoy it without constantly looking around at all the beer being necked?

The unexamined life is not worth living

Comment

My first bac test

Murphyx;1072186 wrote: Fan-fricking-tastic!:clapclap:

So, how was the game? Were you able to enjoy it without constantly looking around at all the beer being necked?
                            The booze was not a problem either. Unfortunately, the game sucked. The Lakers pounded my Spurs.
                            - Jacob August Riis

Comment

My first bac test

Wicked

Nice one dude !!
                              I am well and truly in recovery, I thank Baclofen, the good people of MWO and my love of spirituality, the combination of which have helped to guide me out of the darkness in the last couple months. Cheers to that.

Comment

Working...
                              X