Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help

I've been on campral for 4 mths and not touched a drop but stupidly decided to "try" a glass.I wasn't sick so continued.
    It is now day 3 and my old drinking habits are back.
    How do I stop again
    Please?
    Will the tablets work again?:new::H

Help

Hi Pushca, and welcome.

Unfortunately, I know nothing about Campral, and from what I gather, not many people here actually use it. There are some though, hopefully they will chime in shortly. I did find this, hopefully it will be of some help:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ups-47848.html

Failing that, I humbly suggest you look at some of the other threads around here regarding baclofen, a different medication that a lot of us are reporting great success with.

Good luck!

Comment

Help

Hi Pushca and welcome,

I started taking Campral 2 months ago. I have not been totally abstinent but I would say am only drinking about 10% of what I used to. Congratulations on your 4 months sobriety. Wow you have done sooooo well! Please don't be discouraged by your slip up. I continued my normal dose even through the times when I had a drink and, yes, it is still working for me. Please don't give up.

Did you drink three days in a row and did you consume the amounts you were drinking before Campral? Even if you did, you have come so far and it is not the time to despair.
      Even when I had my slip ups I knew that there was no way I was going to give up hope and continued with my meds.

There is a lot of info on this forum about Baclofen being successful but i am not ready to go down that road as yet. It is certainly an option maybe for a later date. It is a good idea to read all the posts.

Anyway hope this has helped and please feel free to pm me if I can support you in any way. By the way, I am certainly not condoning my drinking on these meds, in fact my counsellor thinks it's a BAD idea. But just doing the best I can at the moment and rejoicing in the fact that I have "lapses", not "relapses" (i.e. wine and irish coffees all night, everynight!#$!)

Good Luck and :welcome:

Comment

Working...
      X