Bac Prescription Meds. Please Help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am just starting my Baclofen journey. I am on a number of Psyc meds for bipolar & depression. I need help in figuring out how they may interact with Baclofen. Any help would be appreciated.:thanks:

Hiya, JJ. (Reminds me of the character from Will and Grace, Jack. "Just Jack" :H do you know the reference?)

Anyway. That's a VERY GOOD QUESTION!

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...pps-48038.html

That is the official list of things that are contraindicated. I've got more info and others do to, but you can check that out to start!

Congrats, btw, on getting in line for the ride!
    :goodjob:
    Ne

Comment

Hi Jill,

Perhaps post what meds you are on, and we can take it from there...

Good luck on your journey!

Comment

Here is what I'm on.....

This is the cocktail I'm on currently....

Desipramine/200mg (tricyclic anti-depressant)
        Cymbalta/60mg
        Saphris/10mg
        Ritalin/30mg x 3 daily

I would like to believe that Baclofen will help some with the depression and I may be able to reduce some meds at some point. I have been on just about every med you can name over the course of 20+ years. Asking which came first...the depression or the alcoholism?...is like asking if it was the chicken or the egg.

I loaned my book to someone so I can't use it to reference this, but does Baclofen increase or decrease Dopamine? What other brain chemicals are effected?

Again, any help or advice or personal experience is muchly appreciated.

Comment

I know it certainly helped me at the lower doses, in fact I felt downright good! With regards your current meds - there are some really knowledgeable posters who will hopefully pop in with some advice.

I found the people here, in this forum, to be extremely knowledgeable about various drug cocktails, it may be worth also asking them for advice. Remember though, that all this is just advice, and doesn't replace sound medical knowledge...

Medication - Social Anxiety Forum

Comment

Working...
          X