How do i know if i have hit the switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi i have been at 300mg for about 4 days, I started taking 30mg in the night,
    My hands are twitching this morning and pins and needles.
    Also i went to bed at 1am and im up at 5.30am, Just not tired.
    I havent had a drink for months, i forget how many months .
    How do i know if i have hit the switch? I have no desire to drink but i could if i wanted to if you know what i mean.
    Not sure what to do now? do i stop 300mg if so how long for? do i just carry on going higher? or do i start going lower if so how fast?
    Sorry about all the questions but i just dont know what to do now?

Regards Phil

Stop
    MHO
    Started Baclofen 3/9/10 Hit my switch at 250mg on 21/11/10 Present maintenance dose of 50mg : started drinking after 1 year, upped dose to 80mg and stopped: Tapered to 30mg, started 6 months of drinking, upped dose to 240mg to stop 12/7/12

Comment

bounce;1074855 wrote:
      How do i know if i have hit the switch? I have no desire to drink but i could if i wanted to if you know what i mean.
      So you could drink if you wanted to, but you have no desire to do so? Yes, I know what you mean, it's called indifference. It sounds to me like you've hit the switch. Yay!!!

No need to go any higher. If I was you I would stay on that dose for a while and let things settle down and then slowly start to titrate down. If the desire to drink returns, go slowly back up again until the craving subsides.

The unexamined life is not worth living

Comment

Hi I bet i hit the switch at a much lower dose then.
        How fast can i go down. I was thiking about 10mg every 3 days is that too fast of two slow?

Regards Phil

Comment

You're right, you may well have hit it lower.

On the French forum, I think they recommend 10mg every week for titrating down. That seems slow to me, but then everything seems slow to me. Your idea of 10mg every 3 days sounds about right. But remember, if the desire comes back, just go slowly back up again until it disappears. You can always try to come down again later.

Keep us updated Bounce. :goodjob:

The unexamined life is not worth living

Comment

I think Murhpy is spot on in both his posts here. Listen to him, imo.

Comment

Spot on I will keep updating.
              I wont need to order anymore Bac now i have 3 years supply in stock depending on what my maintinance dose is, I didnt want to run out LOL

Phil

Comment

3 years. Lucky man. I would check out and make sure it doesn't expire! Don't think it does, but you never know...

Comment

Bounce, congrats! Months of being AL free - that's really wonderful.

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Bounce, I titrated down 10 mgs every 2 days w/no problems. I actually felt great the whole time. 3's good too, though.
                    Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
                    ~Clutch

Comment

Well done Bounce! I love reading these success stories
                      Wishing u the best
                      C
                      I am well and truly in recovery, I thank Baclofen, the good people of MWO and my love of spirituality, the combination of which have helped to guide me out of the darkness in the last couple months. Cheers to that.

Comment

I have gone down much quicker than i planned. Im now at 200mg a day, Still no desire to drink.
                        Im feeling much better from the side effects, sleeping better as well.
                        Im going to be down to 160mg a day by this time next week so i will report back then.

Phil

Comment

Congrats to you Bounce! That is such great news...

I hit indifference over a month ago at 275 and have been taking 200 for the past 3 weeks or so.... Most days it seems right to me. Other days I wonder if I should go back up a bit. I'd love to go down even more, but afraid of the urges to drink creeping back into my thoughts... I'm struggling trying to figure out what dose is right for my maintenence.

Best wishes to you! I'll follow to see how you do going down to 160.
                          Indifference is in your future with Baclofen. It works!

My frustration with Baclofen, which is shared by Dr. Oliver Ameisen, is that because Baclofen is an off patent medication there is no profit motive for drug companies to support clinical trials that would demonstrate its efficacy in treating addiction.

Comment

Goooooo, Bounce!

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

I've stayed at around 180-200mg per day, for almost 3 weeks now. This was because I read here that you shouldn't go down, that those who titrated back started to relapse.

So can I back off or not?I don't want to drink but the side effects are still affecting my life - can't get out of bed in the morning, feeling tired all day and being incredibly forgetful. The tiredness is meaning I'm not getting on with day to day things still.

Perhaps I should reduce my dosing.

Comment

Working...
                              X