Baclofen and breathlessness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I originally put this within a thread, but I decided to give it its own thread because I think it's that important. In my experience, breathlessness due to Baclofen develops only in people who have reflux. And you may not know you have reflux; I didn't. If you treat your reflux, breathlessness will abate. I treated it with an antacid for immediate relief but also started on Prilosec (20 mg X daily) for more effective, long term relief. Best to all!

Wow. I have had very terrible acid reflux, to the point that I wouldn't be surprised if I have Barrett's esophagus. But baclofen is used to treat GERD, and I don't feel the acid reflux effects when I'm on baclofen, so I assumed it was being treated.

I've got some Prilosec somewhere and will definitely give it go! I'm hoping that it is the reflux that is causing the apnea too. Thanks very much, Ringo!

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

See, we are all having widely disparate experiences to the same drug. You have to find your own way. What's important is not to give up. Keep trying.

Comment

Working...
      X