Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long have you been sober on Baclofen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm on day 4 of Balofen. SE's are awful.

Just curious about how long members of this site have maintained complete sobriety on Baclofen. Please post your experience.

Oh, and I had already been sober about 10 days when I started and hadn't had a craving in days and still haven't so how will I possibly know when I hit the "switch" if I'm not craving now?

Comment

Jill--I will have four weeks of total, effortless sobriety on Tuesday. I still have two beers gathering dust in the back of my refrigerator, and I have absolutely no desire to touch them. My journey was different from yours in that I drank every single day from the time I started until the time I hit the switch. The switch occurred suddenly and unexpectedly.

Some people feel that they have hit the switch from their first dose. Others have to go up to well over 300mgs/day in order to hit it. I don't have any strong advice for you re: how to tell if you've hit your switch...I hope that others can chime in. Perhaps you can stay at your current dose for the time being, and if you start craving, then you can start titrating upwards. If you're not craving now, I can't see much reason to keep going up, but maybe others will have better advice.

In any event, congrats on starting your Bac regimen, and do keep posting and letting us know your progress! :l :h

Comment

3-4 months...dose now varies from 30mg 95% of the time up to 80 in 'trigger' situations just to be safe.

Comment

Jill, how much baclofen are you taking per day? I remember you made a post where you listed the other meds you were on. I can't remember what they were, but people might find it helpful if you listed them again here. That possibly might have something to do with the nasty side effects.

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

I haven't been completely sober, but I drink very infrequently and within reason. I can't recall what it feels like to be drunk.

5 months, almost to the day, of baclofen success.
            -Ian

Comment

Thank You

:thanks: to you who have shared with me.

My first 3 days I took 20mgs as: 5/5/10. I took 5 in the morning yesterday but within a couple hours I felt so bad I didn't take the mid-day 5. Then I read on here about the guy who had better luck by taking it all in the evening so I took 15mg at 7p. Went to bed around 11pm and slept until 8a and awoke well good and refreshed. I'll see how the day goes and maybe I am one that the one dose will work better for.

This is the longest I've been sober in a long long time

Comment

Hi Jill :welcome:

I dont actually take Baclofen myself but I am sure many others who do so successfully here will chime in soon with an answer to your question.

Best wishes on your quest for sobriety.

Missy

Comment

78 days.

Here is apretty cool little tool; SOBRIETY CALCULATOR
                  Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before.
                  - Jacob August Riis

Comment

14 days but I've had several months in the past without it, and spells of 5,7,11 days whilst taking Baclofen. I don't look for a switch as such, I just go for a dose that will remove my cravings. Currently on 180mgs with some occasional urges but I counter those by recognising them, and changing my behaviour. Generally works, which gives me some confidence that if I were to miss a dose for some reason I might not automatically go off and drink.

Comment

Congrats UKB, that is amazing!!! :h

Comment

Around 18 months...
                        I'll do whatever it takes
                        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

PbarE;1076227 wrote: 78 days.

Here is apretty cool little tool; SOBRIETY CALCULATOR
                          Or to be precise, 570 days, 17 hours, 25 minutes :H
                          I'll do whatever it takes
                          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Sober Time

LOL Tip! But who's counting:H

Comment

Coming up to 4 months sober on BAC.
                              1st started BAC 17/4/10 - got to 60MG. Stopped 28th May due to SE's.
                              2nd try of BAC started 6/9/10. Reached my switch at 210MG on 8/12/10. I weigh 68KG.
                              Have been Al Free since 19th November 2010. Extremely thankful and grateful.

Comment

Working...
                              X