Direct alcohol substitutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes.I was talking to greg about prof David nutt and his synthetic booze and I suggested he started a thread like this. He kindly obliged.
    I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

Murphy

Yes it is.

Many years ago I indeed had the cannabis idea recommended to me by a friend. All I did was go home and knock myself out with it. All I know is that whatever I try, if it's addictive in any shape or form, then I'll do the same as I did with alcohol. You can argue cannabis isn't addictive, but it is a good 'zonking' out drug, and I reacted to this property just as I did alcohol. So not for me.

Comment

Let me put it another way: WTF?

Addicts need to not be using addictive substances full stop. Do you really believe an addict wouldn't abuse another addictive, euphoria producing drug?

How is it better to be addicted to cannabis than alcohol?

The unexamined life is not worth living

Comment

Murphyx;1077917 wrote: Let me put it another way: WTF?

Addicts need to not be using addictive substances full stop. Do you really believe an addict wouldn't abuse another addictive, euphoria producing drug?

How is it better to be addicted to cannabis than alcohol?
          Some would argue it's less harmful.

I'm not saying anything, tis up to the individual, but I know what I'd be saying if a close friend suggested the same.

Comment

UK, sorry I posted before I saw your post. Yes, I agree cannabis is definitely not a good idea for people like us.

Comment

I think Xanax is also potentially addictive too, but supposedly less so than a lot of other sleeping aids.

Comment

Murphy. Read gregs 1 year AF post. I dont think its that black and white.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...ree-47564.html
                I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

Comment

Let me tell you a story about a errr friend of mine. Many years ago he started using cannabis as a way of getting off the drink. Being an addict he was soon using a shit load, smoking it, eating it, drinking it. He was stoned from the moment he got up to the moment he went to bed. He was using so much his suppliers couldn?t always keep up with his demands and dope droughts were a nono, so he started growing his own. The spare room got turned into a full on hydroponics set up, but even that wasn?t enough to fulfil the demand, so he started taking trips over to Holland where he had a friend who supplied him in bulk. He smuggled it back on the ferry and Christ alone knows how he wasn?t ever stopped by customs. I think they assumed that no one would be stupid enough to smuggle drugs in an old VW hippy van, complete with flowers painted on the side.

But addicts are that stupid and addicts will get addicted to anything that produces a high.

Seriously people WTF?

Comment

" I think they assumed that no one would be stupid enough to smuggle drugs in an old VW hippy van, complete with flowers painted on the side.":H

Comment

But addicts are that stupid and addicts will get addicted to anything that produces a high.

????:no:

Comment

!!! :bonkers:

Comment

Coalfire, have you not figured out how to use the quote button?

Comment

:moon:

Comment

no.

Comment

Murphyx;1077938 wrote: Coalfire, have you not figured out how to use the quote button?
                                have now

Comment

Working...
                                X