new fear!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new fear!

Hey there,hope everyone is well.Haven't been on in a while due to serious binge sessions!however they scared me into finally doing something!ok so I have my bac and ready to start.....yeha,however all these new fears have entered my head!I had to go privately due to gp refusing to take me seriously.....fear 1.what if all of a sudden my private doc refuses to precribe,I kno sounds stupid but where am I left if gp won't prescribe?fear 2m what if I start my treatment and eventually it works and I think I'm better and decide well maybe actually I don't need it? Fear 3 I am going insane and just making exscuses to start it!......can I have some feed back on if people think what I am thinking is just weird!

new fear!

1 where do you live?
    2 i would worry about sobriety when I got there otherwise your poor brain will explode
    3I dont think you sound insane...just very nervous.

I just use low dose bac but there are loads of bac experts on here. You wont be on your own. Good luck.
    I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

new fear!

Morning, for sanity!

The first is a good thing to think about. I am taking different courses of action about that. I've ordered back-ups from overseas. I'm going to go to a doc-in-the-box to get a prescription for spastic muscles *contact PbarE for more info about this.
      And I use Dr. L, who is more than willing to help us in any way he can, with that exact purpose.
      (Can someone PM for sanity with that info?)

Number 2? It's been such a gift for me, I can't imagine that being a problem. I look to _serenity_ as the perfect example. She's a little bored, apparently, but that's a little shocking considering the things she's juggling! (new job, trip overseas, and a night out to see Lady Gaga. That in itself would take me days of preparation! What to wear? :H)

I don't mean to make light. I've found that I'm able to do all of the things I wanted to do when I was drunk but couldn't. They're pretty mundane, but also life-changing. I cleaned out my pantry last night. It looks beautiful. I have also reorganized our (limited!) finances and took care of a bunch of really onerous very old outstanding financial burdens. (still ongoing, it's never easy, is it?)
      I am energetic and focused, so work is much more efficient, and if I get bored, that's where it happens!
      There're lots of things to do... But if your list is short, perhaps there are new things? I figured out that I love to write, which would explain the fact that this is endless. (sorry)

Number 3 is a doozy. Alcohol causes insanity. Bac brings clarity. In my case and in my humble opinion.

There were lots of things I did that made my 'ride' unnecessarily long and arduous. Fear was a big factor in all of them, so I feel I completely understand. I wish I'd had the foresight to handle things like _serenity_ did, even now!

:ls
      Ne

Comment

new fear!

Your thinking is not weird at all. A lot of people feel anxious about starting, have doubts about whether it work long term, and fears about what might happen a long the way.

Just begin. Once you get into it, you'll see that it's really not the big bogeyman that it seems. You can always gradually reduce the dose if you decide you do not want to continue.

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

new fear!

Hey sanity,

There are a couple of things you can do. Baclofen can be ordered online if your doc suddenly stops prescribing. Bear in mind that he is extremely unlikely to do this, since you can't just stop taking it once you have been taking it for a while.

The best thing you can do though, is to relax, and calmly start your journey. Being relaxed helps, and it's kind of nice as well. Certainly start though. Your nervousness (not insanity) is understandable - you are about to kick alcoholism in the teeth. Post your journey here, and we'll do our best to help you through it.

Good luck sanity, we are all thinking of you.

Comment

new fear!

Well thank u everyone for positive feedback.taken the plunge and started my bac today.over here in ireland its st patricks day....known for its drinking festivities so wish me luck to even get through this day!!I will keep you all posted and will prob be back on in the near future for help with titration details.thanks again!x

Comment

new fear!

Good luck. Have a safe and happy day.
              I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

Working...
              X