Controlled release GHB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controlled release GHB

I know from my Pdoc that controlled release GHB will be available by 2015 in Europe, useful for a lot of disorders. Abuse potential and chances to use it for crimes will be much lower, because patients just get enough for two weeks and if the granules are poored into liquids it makes it obvious the drink has been manipulated.

Cost: ~30 million dollars.

Some of you may find this interesting.

Controlled release GHB

I found it very interesting. Its going to be tightly controlled though I see ,so maybe no online ordering for this one. Here is an article about its role in treating alcoholism.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/734513
    I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

Controlled release GHB

I've used this drug recreationally before it was classified in this country, felt a lot like Baclofen does.

Comment

Controlled release GHB

At least in Europe it will not be very tightly controlled, of course a schedule drug, but maybe IV or V.

As I said patients are carefully selected, receive just enough capsules for the next meeting and it can't be used as a date rape drug. Keep in mind that doses for alcohol problems are even lower than that for narcolepsy, ~4-5g / day.

I've abused it too, felt much more euphoric for me. If it wouldn't it won't be a drug of abuse. In contrast to baclofen it has serious abuse potential and can lead to psychological and pysical dependence (Mixed) overdoses and withdrawal has killed 245 people if I remember correctly.

Comment

Controlled release GHB

There are many studies that show that GHB is effective both for alcohol W/D and craving.

Ameisen has written quite a bit about GHB and baclofen:

It has been hypothesized that the therapeutic effects of Gamma-hydroxybutyrate (GHB) in alcohol dependence could be related to ethanol-mimicking action of the drug and that GHB could reduce alcohol craving, intake and withdrawal by acting as a "substitute" of the alcohol in the central nervous system. Nevertheless, alcohol being the strongest trigger of craving and intake, it is difficult to ascribe reduction of craving and intake to ethanol-mimicking activity of GHB. I have recently proposed that alcohol/substance dependence could result from a GHB-deficiency-related dysphoric syndrome in which alcohol/substances would be sought to "substitute" for insufficient GHB effect. GHB is the sole identified naturally occurring gamma-aminobutyric acid B (GABA (B)) receptor agonist. Here, I propose that exogenous GHB might in fact "substitute" for deficient endogeneous GHB and represent true substitutive treatment for GHB-deficiency. And that baclofen and GHB could both compensate for deficient effect of the physiological GABA (B) receptor agonist(s).
          Are the effects of gamma-hydroxybutyrate (GHB) tre... [Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse. 2008] - PubMed result
          Gamma-Hydroxybutyrate (GHB)-Deficiency in alcohol-dependence?

He also has a patent for combined treatment:
          TREATMENT OF ADDICTIVE DISORDERS - US Patent Application 20100029771 Description

Comment

Controlled release GHB

I-want-to-be-sober;1078608 wrote: At least in Europe it will not be very tightly controlled, of course a schedule drug, but maybe IV or V.

As I said patients are carefully selected, receive just enough capsules for the next meeting and it can't be used as a date rape drug. Keep in mind that doses for alcohol problems are even lower than that for narcolepsy, ~4-5g / day.

I've abused it too, felt much more euphoric for me. If it wouldn't it won't be a drug of abuse. In contrast to baclofen it has serious abuse potential and can lead to psychological and pysical dependence (Mixed) overdoses and withdrawal has killed 245 people if I remember correctly.
            It was classified as Class C some years ago in the UK, and remains so. This puts in the same group as cannabis and Benzodiazepenes. So it won't be available over the internet, and will be tightly controlled.

Comment

Controlled release GHB

How does it make you feel? Why would alcoholics like it?
              I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

Comment

Controlled release GHB

Spacey, light-headed, giddy, drunk. If you take too much or drink on it you collapse. I did this in public a few times, and someone called an ambulance. Woke up in A&E couldn't remember very much. There is no hangover and you wake feeling refreshed, in exactly the same way as I do with Baclofen. I could never understand how it could be used as a date-rape drug since it tastes so foul, and the crystals do not dissolve in alcohol or water either.

Comment

Controlled release GHB

@UKBlonde: Right...

coalfire;1078646 wrote: Why would alcoholics like it?
                  Because he's an alcoholic. ^^ No serious, it kills severe (social) anxiety instantly, makes one out-going, open-minded, euphoric. Very dangerous substance for people who tend to addiction

Comment

Controlled release GHB

Ukblonde;1078648 wrote: I could never understand how it could be used as a date-rape drug since it tastes so foul, and the crystals do not dissolve in alcohol or water either.
                    The pure solution which can be synthesized is a clear liquid, of course salty. But I never tasted it in juices and there exist also tasteless sodium & magnesium GHB.

Comment

Controlled release GHB

Wow uk That must have been scary. It sounds interesting. Thanks uk andI want to be I want to be sober

Comment

Controlled release GHB

I too (ab)used G when it was legal here. On at least four occasions, I've taken so much that I literally passed out like UKB. People swore they kicked me and I didn't wake up. Never tasted pharmaceutical grade stuff, but the kind that you make yourself from GBL and lye tastes like salty lighter fluid. I think the whole date rape drug thing was a smear campaign initiated by big pharma and big alcohol to make it illegal.

After a while, it got to be kind of boring. It has serious abuse potential, though.

Comment

Controlled release GHB

I think there are very few rapes commited with GHB compared to benzodiazepines and not to forget alcohol. Most rapes / crimes with GHB couldn't even be proved because after 12 hours it's impossible to detect.

Comment

Controlled release GHB

I-want-to-be-sober;1078908 wrote: I think there are very few rapes commited with GHB compared to benzodiazepines and not to forget alcohol. Most rapes / crimes with GHB couldn't even be proved because after 12 hours it's impossible to detect.
                            Correct. I'm afraid a lot of date rapes are thought to involved alcohol alone. For many years people would say my drink must have been spiked, for me to be experiencing sudden blackout. When it happened several times in a row, in different places it became obvious it was simply the speed at which I drank. I indeed went through a phase where I woke up next to males wondering how I got there, I didn't put it down to date rape at all - just the sheer volume I had drunk. I imagine quite a few date rape cases are down to this alone.

Comment

Controlled release GHB

No doubt this new formulation of GHB will be of interest to Dr Ameisen. Hopefully it will make a positive contribution to alcoholism treatment in the future.

Comment

Working...
                              X