Naltrexone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naltrexone

I have been sent so many nice pms from my friends here. It is amazing.

Whilst I refuse to put down other methods of achieving sobriety, I do want to find My Way Out.

I can't take Baclofen. A plethora of reasons. My SEs on it are scary. Sleep paralysis is the main one for me because it scares me. I am afraid I will fall asleep and be unable to breathe or move. (The not being able to breathe is my own fear, but I have several times fallen asleep and been unable to move. Being claustrophobic, you can only imagine my angst.) Also, my doctor said "no can do." My BP meds slow my heart down and so does Baclofen.

I need the BP meds or else my BP ranges in the 180/160 range and that is not good. :-(

So now I am interested in Naltrexone. The psyche in Chicago wanted me to take the shot. I said no to it. Why? Because if I reacted badly to it, like Baclofen, where would I be? In a mess.

I saw Noelle's post about Naltrexone and how it helped her and a friend pm'd me about it, too.

Here I am, yet again, looking for a magic bullet. Perhaps I should just stop drinking?

Cindi

Now I need to find a doctor who will prescribe Naltrexone to me. I'll let all know how it goes.

Thanks again to so many who have pm'd me and given me support and love.
    AF April 9, 2016

Naltrexone

Cindi, I wish you all the luck and love in the world
    I love the way you NEVER give up. A lesson for us all here :l
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Naltrexone

cinders,
      I'm so glad you're posting here again. welcome back.
      are you planning on doing the Sinclair method or just straight naltrexone? I wish you the best as always. gratitude

Comment

Naltrexone

Hi cinders. It is good that you are making a new plan. I think that we always feel better when we have a plan. Have you read about the sinclair method? There are some good threads on it here. The sinclair method people also have another forum on the web which is dedicated solely to the use of Naltrexone. There is a book on it as well. I saw on another section that prancy has just started naltrexone this week too and perhaps there are other people as well. Good luck with your psychiatrist. I hope he is kind and gives you what you want. Let us know how you get on with him.
        I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

Naltrexone

Good luck with naltrexone treatment Cindi. A lot of people were enthusiastic about the Sinclair Method a year or two ago when I first started looking at this forum, and their own forum. Just keep in mind that it may take a while longer to find success with it than what Dr Eskapa's book says; I recall most followers of the method needing a number of months rather than just 2 months or so. There are also a few stories of naltrexone being helpful when taken by itself, but most tend to recommend taking it according to TSM.

By the way, most doctors should prescribe this drug way more readily than they would ever think of prescribing baclofen, since it has approval for alcoholism treatment and the dose needed is within standard guidelines. It has been readily available from most doctors here in Aus since the 1990's.

Comment

Working...
          X