are these se normal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are these se normal!

Only started my bac and already noticing se on lose dose of 30 a day.really disheartning cus I had really prepared myself for the long haul.I have difficulties breathing and pains in my kidneys (I think its my kidneys) and uper back.do any of these seem normal or should I just quit cus I can only imagine these getting worse!please help cus I am at a complete loss now.many thanks.x

are these se normal!

Nope, not normal. Go to see a doctor.
    Low

Comment

are these se normal!

Even though baclofen is primarily metabolised via the kidneys, what you're experiencing is not normal in any way. As Low says: get to a doctor.
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

are these se normal!

While seeing a doctor is a good idea, and one I would recommend, I wouldn't be alarmed. See what the doctor has to say.

I know I had difficulty breathing at some levels, but none at 30mg's. Everyone is different though.

I got pains in my kidneys, but was often drinking through the experience, so never attributed this to baclofen.

Don't panic sanity.

Comment

are these se normal!

Who knows if it's normal sanity. I too had it. I had such severe flank pain at work one day, I thought I might have a kidney stone. I worked in a hospital so they gave me some pain relievers (non narcotic kind), and were bringing me pitchers of water to start drinking. It worked and I went home that night, only to have it return with a vengeance. I tried to write a post on it, lost it, and was too miserable to write it again. I wondered if I was going to have to go to ER that night. It ended up stopping.

If I were you I might be a little more cautious than I was. I agree with all who recommend seeing the doctor. In the meantime, start drinking lots of nonalcoholic clear liquids. That alone may help (helped me). Flush out your system. Hightail it in, if the pain in not relieved or you have a fever.
          This Princess Saved Herself

Comment

are these se normal!

For Sanity,

The maintenance dose for a 10y/o girl suffering ms is recommended between 25mg/d en 65 mg/d. Of course with a very slow titration schedule to even get there.

So breathing problems at 30mg/d for a grown-up is not normal.

But Bac is safe, so nothing really bad will happen at this dosage. Slow down at least.
            Low

Comment

are these se normal!

Oh that's interesting, I had flank pain as well, but assumed it was just me. It wasn't as bad for me as it was for you two but it appears it could be another bac side effect.

The unexamined life is not worth living

Comment

are these se normal!

I thought my flank pain was kidneys, is it not?

Comment

are these se normal!

Thank you all for you responses.1st thing mon morn I'm gonna book my doc app and until then I'm gonna keep up with the bac.quick question for the uk members if you don't mind....is there a good reputable uk online pharmacy that sells bac.I have got a prescription through a private doctor but I was gonna try and get some online for back up.many thanks

Comment

are these se normal!

I think you have made the right call, on both counts.

Murph will hopefully be along shortly - he fits the bill on both counts.

Comment

are these se normal!

There are no UK online pharmacies you can use, but there are plenty of other reputable ones. I use 4rx.com and I've previously used unitedpharmacies.com without any problems.

May I ask how much the private doc cost and how much baclofen he prescribed?

The unexamined life is not worth living

Comment

are these se normal!

I'm glad you have an appointment Sanity. What are your breathing problems, if I may ask? Good luck on hooking up on some xtra bac.

Comment

are these se normal!

bleep;1080620 wrote: I thought my flank pain was kidneys, is it not?
                          Sorry for the slight derail, is this true?

Comment

are these se normal!

Yes Bleep. Flank pain most likely signifies an issue with the kidneys. Whether it be a stone, infection, or just plain dehydration. What I missed when I read her post was that she was having breathing problems. My eyes kind of skipped to the flank pain and I was like holy crap! That happened to me too.

While flank pain can indicate a serious problem, trouble with one's breathing could be a medical emergency. Clearly, she's here with us the next day, so I would assume that's not the case. Thank goodness. Sorry Sanity for missing that. It could be important. Doesn't matter, cause were not here to give you medical advice, anyway. You have a good doc for that, who even knows your on Baclofen! You're lucky to have that. :l

Comment

are these se normal!

Still, dish about the breathing when you have a chance (if you don't mind). Just for curiosity's sake. Also, it helps all of us to know what physical effects people are experiencing when taking this drug.

Comment

Working...
                              X