Can Baclofen be taken on empty stomach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Everybody, I've looked around the forum and haven't seen any info on taking Baclofen on a empty stomach. Thanks for any info, and keep up the fight.

You are all an inspiration:thanks:

Hi JD, and welcome.

I've taken baclofen on all variations of full and empty stomachs, and haven't noticed any difference one way or another.

Good luck.

Comment

Welcome JD.

Several people have complained of nausea when taking bac on an empty stomach.

I have never experienced this myself.

However, what I do experience every day is that if I take bac on an empty stomach, I feel the effect much faster (within a few minutes ), and the side effect of agitation is more pronounced than if I take it with food.

I suspect this has to do with the baclofen entering your system through the stomach when there is no food in it, and going directly into your blood, as opposed to it being absorbed in the food and then proceeding with the food to the small intestine. Just a theory.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

When I first started taking it, I couldn't take bac on an empty stomach without feeling nauseous. Now I can.

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

It can in my opinion. I used to take 60mg regularly with coffee in the morning with no problems.

Apart from the side effects it doesn't need oil to be absorbed into the body which is one of the major reasons medicines are taken at meal times.
          Started Baclofen 3/9/10 Hit my switch at 250mg on 21/11/10 Present maintenance dose of 50mg : started drinking after 1 year, upped dose to 80mg and stopped: Tapered to 30mg, started 6 months of drinking, upped dose to 240mg to stop 12/7/12

Comment

ignominious;1081594 wrote: ...

Apart from the side effects it doesn't need oil to be absorbed into the body which is one of the major reasons medicines are taken at meal times.
            I didn't know that, that's interesting. Thanks Ig.

Comment

Hello Bleep, Beatle, TraceyA and Ignominious

Thanks for all the great input.

I hope you are all doing well.

John:thanks:

Comment

Spam reported.

Tracy

sigpic

Comment