Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did Dr Ameisen do it without severe side effects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Murphyx;1082881 wrote: Yes well, in my theory of Vegetarianism = An Easy Bac Ride you will no doubt become a statistical outlier, or to put it another way :lalala:
    I'm starting to take it seriously. Not vegetarianism exactly (is Iso vegetarian?) but really beefing up on the leafy greens, supplements, amino acids, etc. Think about it - At least in five successes now (RedFeather , Iso, Lo0p, Sunny and you) paying immaculate attention to diet has been a common factor.

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

LOL, I may be vegetarian, but my diet is as crap as anyone else's. Crapper than most in fact. The only difference is I don't include animal flesh. Lots and lots of cake though!

The unexamined life is not worth living

Comment

TracyA;1082942 wrote: I'm starting to take it seriously. Not vegetarianism exactly (is Iso vegetarian?) but really beefing up on the leafy greens, supplements, amino acids, etc. Think about it - At least in five successes now (RedFeather , Iso, Lo0p, Sunny and you) paying immaculate attention to diet has been a common factor.
        Nope, not vegetarian.
        Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
        ~Clutch

Comment

If I hear much more of this vegetarian :crap: I'm leaving you all. This is the biggest load of horseshit I've heard in a while.
          :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
          :what?:
          sigpic
          Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
          A Forum
          Trolls need not apply

Comment

Lo0p;1083059 wrote: If I hear much more of this vegetarian :crap: I'm leaving you all. This is the biggest load of horseshit I've heard in a while.
            What about supplements, amino acids, that sort of thing. Do you think that could help with the bac?

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

TracyA;1083061 wrote: What about supplements, amino acids, that sort of thing. Do you think that could help with the bac?
              I'm not the right person to ask that question to, save the fact that the most complete, varied and bioavailable sources of all amino acids are animal sources.

I take no supplements at all, not even protein shakes or a multivitamin. I'm not saying they might not have benefits. You can find all the colors of the rainbow in the foods I eat and you can see my heart beat through my skin.

I do absolutely believe (know) that the more attention you put into your diet the better you can make yourself feel in general, baclofen protocol or not. The difference isn't just noticeable, it's immense.

You are what you eat.
              sigpic

A Forum
              Trolls need not apply

Comment

And yes, you can be a vegetarian and still be "healthy", so please no attacks. It kind of depends on your definition of "healthy" though. Trust me, no one wants to go there with me. :H
                sigpic

A Forum
                Trolls need not apply

Comment

Tracy, I'm not at the switch but I do have to say, if going veggie is what it takes, I may have to say game over. :H

I believe in decreasing animal protein and trying to eat grass fed meat that is without antibiotics and growth hormones (not doing that at the moment, budget's too tight). I think a healthy diet can have meat. It seems that Iso, Loop, and Ne eat meat and they hit their switch.

You know I think the supps are important, and nasty green drinks don't hurt either. I took them for years before I started this bac thing. Proven fact, many alcoholics are deficient in certain vitamins. If one gets hospitalized and states they are a heavy drinker, they get put on folate, thiamine, and a multi vit, and we all know how much medicine doesn't believe in this stuff. The damage caused by alcohol abuse to the intestinal tract and pancreas make some of us unable to absorb nutrients normally. Plus, we have to repair the damage we've already done and protect against future damage. This is of course my humble opinion, but one I am passionate about. I don't know if it makes one hit the switch faster or easier but it may improve over all health.
                  This Princess Saved Herself

Comment

I am a "healthy" vegetarian. The advice I can offer is to be sure you supplement with plenty of protein and B-12.

Comment

Guys, I was only kidding about the veggie thing. :H

The unexamined life is not worth living

Comment

Lo0p;1083072 wrote:
                        I do absolutely believe (know) that the more attention you put into your diet the better you can make yourself feel better in general, baclofen protocol or not. The difference isn't just noticeable, it's immense.

You are what you eat.
                        Amen.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
                        ~Clutch

Comment

Murphyx;1083090 wrote: Guys, I was only kidding about the veggie thing. :H
                          Almost not funny...but...

:H :H :H
                          sigpic

A Forum
                          Trolls need not apply

Comment

redhead77;1083081 wrote:
                            I believe in trying to eat grass fed meat that is without antibiotics and growth hormones (not doing that at the moment, budget's too tight).
                            I wholeheartedly agree, redhead. I wish I could afford to eat only grass fed meat and cage free chickens and eggs (well, I do buy cage free eggs) and have only raw milk and dairy products!! There's a place near me that will sell raw dairy (it's not legal here, so they use the "for animal consumption" loophole), but I believe it's like a co-op that you have to become a member of, etc. Why is all the really healthy stuff so prohibitively expensive??
                            You can TASTE the difference in this stuff, too. This past weekend I went to a restaurant that serves only grass fed free range meats and everything organic, all locally grown, from farm to table, so to speak. And the flavors of everything SANG.
                            I wish I could afford to eat like that every day. It was a truly religious experience!

~Clutch

Comment

Hmm...Even the eggs I get from the family farm (mom & dad) aren't "cage free". We built them a nice little home though, and they get to come out and eat the grubs out of the garden sometimes.

I always thought grass fed beef tasted like...grass.
                              sigpic

A Forum
                              Trolls need not apply

Comment

We have essentially given up eating out (and a few other things) as a way to save up *that* money to afford grass fed beef. It's really been worth it as far as I'm concerned. I can get pastured eggs and chicken in the summer, but not in the winter. I'm hoping one of these days to find a year round source.

I know you can join a dairy co-op in IL too, but you can't just go buy raw dairy. So sad that :crap: is readily available but you have to have an engineering degree in internet research to buy healthy stuff.

I just started reading OA's book. I'm only on chapter 2 but it's always interesting to note the parallels.

DG
                                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                                X