Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did Dr Ameisen do it without severe side effects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, never realised the advantages of living in Zim were so profound. The economy is so fucked, nobody is using pesticides or anything of that nature. It would never occur to me that cattle could be anything other than "grass-fed", what else do they eat?

We have our own chickens that roam the garden, but don't eat these as they are too stringy. Our milk comes from a farm down the road. Our cheese comes from the shops, but is crap, they can't make good cheese in this place for some reason. You have to make a real effort here to get processed food, and it's normally imported. I've normally seen this as a minus, but this thread is making me think.

Comment

Lo0p;1083149 wrote: Hmm...Even the eggs I get from the family farm (mom & dad) aren't "cage free". We built them a nice little home though, and they get to come out and eat the grubs out of the garden sometimes.
      I don't think the term "cage free" is meant literally. The fact that they can come out and roam on occasion qualifies them as cage free. Those are lucky chickens over at your parents'!

Lo0p;1083149 wrote:

I always thought grass fed beef tasted like...grass.
      So do you think the mass produced meat taste like corn and soy.. ? Or just inflammation...
      Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
      ~Clutch

Comment

bleep;1083154 wrote: Wow, never realised the advantages of living in Zim were so profound. The economy is so fucked, nobody is using pesticides or anything of that nature. It would never occur to me that cattle could be anything other than "grass-fed", what else do they eat?

We have our own chickens that roam the garden, but don't eat these as they are too stringy. Our milk comes from a farm down the road. Our cheese comes from the shops, but is crap, they can't make good cheese in this place for some reason. You have to make a real effort here to get processed food, and it's normally imported. I've normally seen this as a minus, but this thread is making me think.
        Aside from the lack of good cheese, I'm jealous of you bleep!

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
        ~Clutch

Comment

I've never tasted grass fed beef. Maybe I'll try it sometime. But as a sworn "all natural" amateur bodybuilder, where would I get my 'roids if not through my mass production beef and chicken farms?
          :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
          :what?:
          sigpic
          Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
          A Forum
          Trolls need not apply

Comment

Has anyone ever read the book The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan? It is intriguing to say the least and is exactly what I thought was going on in our meat industry.

Isolde, I want so much to eat a organic diet with minimal processing. I try, but like you mentioned, cost is a huge issue. Here in the US they try to make us buy processed everything by hiking up the costs on anything that's whole. As you already know!

Bleepster, our cattle are raised on grains, mostly corn. The grains are loaded with antibiotics (to prevent infections, since they arent' housed properly, and hormones). Our government does this with many other animals too. You can't imagine how chickens are treated. Feeding cattle grains reduces the omega 3's that can be found in grass fed meat and also causes E Coli illness. E Coli in beef doesn't occur in the grass fed cattle.

DG, I'm live in IL too. I've been looking at a veggie CSA for a couple years, but have also been looking at the meat/egg/dairy thing. I'm thinking I can only afford the veggie at the moment, $33/week. With my own modest home garden, I'm sure that will be fine for veggies. I do buy cage free eggs at the store, refuse to give that up. Could do better with free range, cage free. Can't afford that right now either.

Loop, I think true health starts with the foods we eat. I'm nazi on our diet in this household and have been forever. Booze never changed that, in fact, I knew that I had to have a pristine diet to counteract anything else I did to my body.
            This Princess Saved Herself

Comment

Lo0p;1083170 wrote: I've never tasted grass fed beef. Maybe I'll try it sometime. But as a sworn "all natural" amateur bodybuilder, where would I get my 'roids if not through my mass production beef and chicken farms?
              Excellent point.

~Clutch

Comment

Redhead, the changes were made one at a time around here too! This will be our first year for a veggie CSA. I started learning to garden a couple years ago but there is so much variety I like but have not had success growing! (all thumbs I guess) So this year I'm going to focus more on the stuff I can for winter, and a few "easy" things and do the CSA for week in week out stuff. I can't wait! I've had my eye on this farm for a couple of years and this year is the first time they are offering a 1/2 share - more approprite for 2 people anyway, and far less $$$.

What are you planning to grow in your garden?

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Chi;1082495 wrote: I've dispensed baclofen to men and women for years at the starting dose of 60 mg per day and a duration of months without hearing a single report of any side effect or withdrawal .... by dispense I mean give them the med-- part of my work is in a state prison. Baclofen is a med we use because it has no abuse potential.

Of course they can't drink on it, (unless they make some hooch).
                  Hi

I am very interested in this. What do you use Baclofen for? As you know, it is being promoted for use in opiate withdrawal.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I agree that women react differently to men to Baclofen and it is a physiological issue, not psychosomatic. It still works ultimately but I think it is trickier getting the right dosage etc.
                  BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Otter;1083201 wrote: Hi

I am very interested in this. What do you use Baclofen for? As you know, it is being promoted for use in opiate withdrawal.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I agree that women react differently to men to Baclofen and it is a physiological issue, not psychosomatic. It still works ultimately but I think it is trickier getting the right dosage etc.
                    Hi Otter,

It is prescribed for musculoskeletal issues, acute and chronic. There aren't a whole lot of pain relievers given in prison, but with baclofen there doesn't seem to be any worries for abuse. I've never heard of it being horded, sold, etc... (you see that with the biggies ultram and gabapentin).

Comment

DG, I too have had varied success with my garden. It's the third year I think for me. I'm not sure cause if I join the CSA, I'll get so many veggies and won't need most of the seasonal ones. I was thinking if I join, I'll plant various lettuces, I eat a salad everyday for lunch, tomaters (various kinds, but I like roma for a sauce at the end of season, I can freeze), fresh herbs, fruits my kids like aka watermelon and cateloupe, broccoli, green onions, and a few root veggies. Maybe green beans too. There is nothing like garden green beans and my kids love them. I too have trouble with the root veggies and also cantaloupe and broccoli in years past.

Okay, after writing that I'm joining for sure. I can still get in I hope in March.

Quick question for anyone. Some of my tomatoes get black spots. I had heard I need to add magnesium to my soil. I thought of adding epsom salts. Does anyone know why this happens?

Sorry, Otter to detract from your post. I just had to ask and tell. Were all passionate about something!

Comment

I too apologize for my part in the hijack!
                        Redhead, do you always have issues with black spots? Or was it just last year? I had a lot of it last year but not in the prior years. My Dad who has been an avid gardener for years told me that my problem with the black spots last year stemmed from the wetter than average (and hot) summer.

The previous summer was a strange crop too (trying to remember what the issues were) but that was an unseasonably cool summer.

Maybe this year we will discover "normal?" ("normal" with respect to something anyway - even if it's only a tomato?) Mr. Doggy is nuts for green beans in the garden.....

I can't even imagine the prison culture. What little I have read / heard / seen just seems surreal. I hope I never find myself there - on either side of the bars really.

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Yes, DG, I have had black spots every year. Ugh. There is something wrong with my soil. I've got to correct it.

Sorry, again folks about the hijack. But girls gotta do what they have to. It makes us happier in the long run.

Comment

Hijack continued/showing off

1lb 14 oz, 16" around

1lb 7 oz

A typical meal...

This was last summer, of course...:k
                            :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
                            :what?:
                            sigpic
                            Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
                            A Forum
                            Trolls need not apply

Comment

Hey redhead. I've got an idea. Scew the gardening. Let's sneak over to LoOp's place and snitch his.

Seriously - that's an impressive crop. I won't make any jokes about size mattering. We KNOW it matters.

DG
                              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Yeah DG why are we bothering growing our own??? I would say that is a BIG, beautiful, and bountiful crop. Without black spots. And of course size matters.

Loop, you are a flipping show off!!!!! :goodjob:

Comment

Working...
                                X