Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baclofen specific forum

Hi there,

In the past I made a topic about our new forum just baclofen specific.

Maybe people want to post their story over there? Because we are gathering information to start scientific research.

Let me know what you think.

Baclofen Forum

Baclofen specific forum

Thank you for the reminder. I'll post in the next 24 hours. I hope others will too.

Comment

Baclofen specific forum

Paradigm shifting.

I will try to post in a while.

I just heard an expression today which sums up what is going on with Baclofen and its use in the treatment of alcoholism and mental illness: a paradigm shift away from psychiatry and towards neurology.

The new forum is about a new approach to mental illness, namely, that it stems from biological issues with the brain. Running along with this is a new interest in "nootropics" or brain medicines.

We accept that "psychotropics" act on the brain but we are less happy to accept that there are good drugs which act on the brain. We have been convinced by Freud that the mind occupies some metaphysical space, but then we take Prozac which is a tacit acceptance that depression, at least, is rooted in a physical shortage of serotonin. Our brains are physical objects which follow physical laws.

I came upon this theory, thanks to my car mechanic. My car was acting up and my wife said that it seemed to have a mind of its own. So I spent a couple of hours talking to it to see if I could reason with it. Nothing! I took it to my mechanic and he said I needed a new carburettor. How about that!
      BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Baclofen specific forum

Otter;1082545 wrote: I will try to post in a while.

I just heard an expression today which sums up what is going on with Baclofen and its use in the treatment of alcoholism and mental illness: a paradigm shift away from psychiatry and towards neurology.

The new forum is about a new approach to mental illness, namely, that it stems from biological issues with the brain. Running along with this is a new interest in "nootropics" or brain medicines.

We accept that "psychotropics" act on the brain but we are less happy to accept that there are good drugs which act on the brain. We have been convinced by Freud that the mind occupies some metaphysical space, but then we take Prozac which is a tacit acceptance that depression, at least, is rooted in a physical shortage of serotonin. Our brains are physical objects which follow physical laws.

I came upon this theory, thanks to my car mechanic. My car was acting up and my wife said that it seemed to have a mind of its own. So I spent a couple of hours talking to it to see if I could reason with it. Nothing! I took it to my mechanic and he said I needed a new carburettor. How about that!
        Hehe true, the nicest thing is that psychiatry can't exist without psychology. A psychiatrist has to subscribe the baclofen, the psychologist is able to determine if you are feeling right. If both are not skeptical anymore it's a proof that baclofen works.

Baclofen and acohol is a nogo btw, everytime I try it I recognize things that aren't going as planned. When I don't drink everything happens the right way as I wanted, or I accept very easily that what I asked is something I regred. But most of the time i'm pure sober morality.

Comment

Baclofen specific forum

Apparently the problem with taking alcohol and baclofen is that they have different half lives. I suppose if you drink, and take baclofen, you have a double whammy because you end up with the effects of both medications at the same time. In mho the answer is to take more Baclofen and take it more often to drive out the alcoholic cycle.

Any comments?
          BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Baclofen specific forum

I registered on your site and I will come on and tell my story soon anonymity.
            This Princess Saved Herself

Comment

Working...
            X