Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

prescribed meds

Trucker,

To me it would mean to have a drink or 2 at a party, at dinner, with a friend, etc. and be able to walk away and not have to get my ass totally sloshed.
    I think for most of us trying the Bac route it has always been all or none. We only have (or had) one goal in mind...DRUNK.

Lady
    The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.

*Don't look where you fall, look why you slipped*

Comment

prescribed meds

Sorry panno, cross posted
      The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.

Comment

prescribed meds

LadyLush;1083576 wrote: Trucker,

To me it would mean to have a drink or 2 at a party, at dinner, with a friend, etc. and be able to walk away and not have to get my ass totally sloshed.
        I think for most of us trying the Bac route it has always been all or none. We only have (or had) one goal in mind...DRUNK.

Lady
        I would expand that to include most of us trying any route to stop all or nothing drinking.

My husband is a normie when it comes to AL. Here are some of the things he does that completely baffle me - things I could NEVER do:

* turn down a drink just because he "doesn't feel like it." (I always
        felt like it!)
        * Have one. (that "woozy" feeling makes him want to stop. That feeling fires up my engines and makes me want MORE MORE MORE)
        * He never thinks about "having a drink" to relieve stress, etc.
        * He doesn't make decisions about whether a particular activity is desireable or not based on whether there will be plenty of AL available.
        * HE JUST DOESN'T THINK ABOUT IT.

I have just never been like that. Ever.

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

prescribed meds

perfect description dg. totally baffling to me too
          Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
          Keep passing the open windows

Comment

prescribed meds

DG,

Totally with you. All of us. Not just the Bac-Pac. I am still finding my way, but could never imagine going anywhere alcohol free. I also date a "normal" drinker and it drives me nuts.
            For me right now my brain is still thinking only 2 options: all or none.

Thanks for the correction,

Lady

Comment

prescribed meds

Maybe the difference is that normal people do not have "a relationship" with AL?

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

prescribed meds

Normal people have a relationship with alcohol, but instead of being their best friend they're more like a vague acquaintance.

A normal relationship with alcohol is quite simply not fixating on it, not craving it and not forcing yourself to stay away from it either.

The unexamined life is not worth living

Comment

prescribed meds

Someone posted on here a long time ago about getting a glass of wine at a party and then putting it down to go and look round the house WTF I wouldn't have left it out of my hand if someone had had a gun to my head - normal drinker?
                  Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                  contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

prescribed meds

spuddleduck;1082979 wrote: has anyone had any success with anti craving meds prescibed by their doctor. i have tried campral with little effect. obviously antabuse works to 'not drink' but this would be my last choice. i know there are various meds that can be prescribed but i dont seem to hear any success stories here. thanks
                    I take 50 mg Naltrexone and it has literally changed my life. No cravings whatsoever. It appears to either work or not. Give it a try, can't hurt. Good luck!
                    Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Working...
                    X