Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Bac User

Hi all,
    I'm going to try Bac, I've received the drugs & am ready but not sure how much to start with & a titrating schedule.
    I know others have blogged about their journeys with bac...can anyone direct me to one of these threads?
    Thanks in advance.

New Bac User

Hi Angel, no idea but best of luck with it!! As you know here are lots of people here who have tried it with great results.
    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

New Bac User

Hi Angelcakes,

:welcome: I can not advise to a thread with the perfect titration schedule since it's different for all of us. Maybe someone else will be on here shortly to share their thoughts. I'm sure we'll find some way to get you started. :l
      This Princess Saved Herself

Comment

New Bac User

This is my blog.
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...ighlight=diary

The start was fairly erratic but after you can get a day by day account of one persons experience. The schedules used are different for most people.

To start I would take a dose of 30mg divided 3 ways. Some would say start with 15mg.

Generally people agree that you should increase your dose frequently (maybe 20mg increase every 3 or 4 days) until you reach the indifference.

I would advise against big increases as it takes time for the baclofen to saturate your brain. So you need to give it a chance to affect your thinking.

Usually any SEs experienced will diminish as your body adjusts to a new dose. Therefore taking the titration slowly can be some help.

I would suggest that you keep focused on the goal of reaching the switch and keep coming back here for advice on your journey.

Lastly, Welcome and good luck
        Started Baclofen 3/9/10 Hit my switch at 250mg on 21/11/10 Present maintenance dose of 50mg : started drinking after 1 year, upped dose to 80mg and stopped: Tapered to 30mg, started 6 months of drinking, upped dose to 240mg to stop 12/7/12

Comment

New Bac User

Good luck Angel. There is loads of info here. Dont take it myself but I know its been a godsend for many
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

New Bac User

Hi Angel, and welcome.

Ignominious pretty much hit it on the head with regard to how to start, and how to titrate up. Bear in mind that you will start going through a lot of pills once you hit the higher doses, so be aware of that when getting more.

Generally, let your body guide you as to how quickly to go up. You will very quickly get a feel for what is too much, believe me!

I would also advise reading some of the threads, there is some useful informations scattered hereabouts.

Good luck.

Comment

New Bac User

Angelcakes, I completely agree with Ig and bleep. Also you might like to have a look at this https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...ead-48260.html

If you ever need any help, there's always people here ready to give it.

The unexamined life is not worth living

Comment

New Bac User

Gee, thanks everyone.
                I'm away - 4 x 10mg & up to 50mg tomorrow. No SE's yet...nothing could be worse than the stinking hangovers anyway.
                xo

Comment

New Bac User

good luck Angel

Comment

New Bac User

Hate it when people ignore me!

I presume this is your first day Angel? Good luck and make sure you keep us informed.
                    Started Baclofen 3/9/10 Hit my switch at 250mg on 21/11/10 Present maintenance dose of 50mg : started drinking after 1 year, upped dose to 80mg and stopped: Tapered to 30mg, started 6 months of drinking, upped dose to 240mg to stop 12/7/12

Comment

Working...
                    X