Thinking of quitting Bac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking of quitting Bac

Doesn't seem to be working for me. I thought I hit the switchand was cured. Headed right back to my old evil ways.

Worried about the way this stuff changes my demeanor all the time. I'm at about 150mg a day- I've titrated to as high as 300. Feel like I have a new addiction. Maybe baclofen isn't my way out. I have a bunch left. Not sure if I wanna taper down or continue.

Thinking of quitting Bac

I think your very erratic titration is playing a large part in this. Why don't you steady the ship a little, as it were, and see how you feel after a few days. This stuff plays hell with every aspect of your mind, especially if you take it irregularly.

How long have you been on it now?

Comment

Thinking of quitting Bac

I've been on it for like a month. I'm terrible at controlling my titration.

Comment

Thinking of quitting Bac

Man, and you've been to 300, and are now back to 150 already. Most aren't seeing 150mg's for the first time yet at this stage.

Here's what I would do - you know your body and mind can take the stuff, so pick a level. 175mg's, because it's a nice sounding level? Just stay there for 3 days, then add 20mg's a day every 3 days, and see where you find yourself in a couple of weeks. The important thing is to be consistent, so the baclofen has time to do its work inside your brain. Bouncing around all over the place does nobody any good, least of all you.

Why not give that a bash before throwing in the towel completely? You've seen it works, now it's up to you to actually give it a chance to work properly.

Comment

Thinking of quitting Bac

I've been at the same dose for close on 4 weeks now and I still feel rubbish every, single day. Cravings are gone just feel terrible most of the time.

Comment

Thinking of quitting Bac

Sorry to hear that UK. Luckily Gear doesn't seem to struggle with the SE's, just the results.

What dose are you on that's making you feel so poorly?

Comment

Thinking of quitting Bac

Gear. Dude. I am a little speechless.

Whatever you decide to do, it can really wreak havoc if you go off bac cold turkey.

Whether you stay on it or go off it, I hope you will make the decision to do it safely this time around.
              Stay well.
              Ne

Comment

Thinking of quitting Bac

I'm gonna commit to you guys- 30 days AF and keep on the bac. I gotta just accept that baclofen doesn't mean I can drink!

Comment

Thinking of quitting Bac

Just take it easy - there isn't a race! If you can consistently take baclofen, that's the trick...

I'm busy doing a 30 day stint myself, feel free to hop on board. But drinking or not drinking in the grand scheme of it all is not really relevant. The important thing is to keep taking baclofen in a controlled fashion

Good luck Gear, let us know how it goes.

Comment

Thinking of quitting Bac

Gear, I'm glad to hear that you're going to stick with it.
                    I agree with Bleep, as usual. AF or not, a steady titration/dosing schedule would be helpful, imo.

All over the place will wreak havoc on your system. Of that I am sure.

I know it was useful for me to stick with my thread and be held accountable in that way, too.

We're here to support!
                    Ne

Comment

Thinking of quitting Bac

Hey Gear

Steady on! Listen to what bleep said.

:goodjob:
                      I'll do whatever it takes
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Thinking of quitting Bac

Bleep I'm on 180mg. Have been for 4 weeks more or less. Prior to that I was at 150 for a couple of weeks, and 120 before this. I suppose some might argue I could increase dosing, but if it gets any worse I'll just have a complete breakdown. One thing I have noticed is it builds up with my dose during the day. I felt so crappy this morning I missed two doses, now I feel and look a lot better. This is what I did Tuesday and I ended up with cravings creeping in.

Comment

Thinking of quitting Bac

Gearhead;1084075 wrote: I'm gonna commit to you guys- 30 days AF and keep on the bac. I gotta just accept that baclofen doesn't mean I can drink!
                          It would probably work a lot better if you went AF! It will give you running start. Slow and steady. I know a lot of people here say spend a few days at a dose before going up. Dr. L recommends a full week before going up, and then only 20 mg at a time. It's sloooooow, but he swears that it's the best way to go.

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Thinking of quitting Bac

Ukblonde;1084095 wrote: Bleep I'm on 180mg. Have been for 4 weeks more or less. Prior to that I was at 150 for a couple of weeks, and 120 before this. I suppose some might argue I could increase dosing, but if it gets any worse I'll just have a complete breakdown. One thing I have noticed is it builds up with my dose during the day.
                            I've noticed the build up too. That's why I'm skeptical that taking small doses all day helps. It wasn't helpful for me.

UK, did you feel significantly better at 150 or 120? At what point did it start to feel so bad?

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Thinking of quitting Bac

TracyA;1084109 wrote: I've noticed the build up too. That's why I'm skeptical that taking small doses all day helps. It wasn't helpful for me.

UK, did you feel significantly better at 150 or 120? At what point did it start to feel so bad?
                              I've always felt bad on Baclofen, but I put it down to drinking a lot of alcohopops at the start. All those sugars and bright colours, but then my drinking tailed off to more or less zero about 4-5 weeks ago.

It's difficult to define but it's definitely just gotten worse in the last 6 weeks - I'd say from after 120mgs. I thought at first once my drinking reduced, or stopped even I'd feel better and my body would sort itself out. It hasn't, and I'm waking most mornings with hair that smells like a deep-fat fryer. I've got puffy ankles and despite training/eating sensibly I've not lost anything. Like I say I always loose weight when sober, whether it be water or fat. I don't need dietary advice because I'm following exactly what has worked many times in the past. Also can't motivate myself at all. I know it's been said that Baclofen doesn't fix 'moods' but I was not like this prior to Baclofen. Whenever I was sober for a few days I'd be up at the crack of dawn, training, studying, interested in life big style. Now I'm just bleurgh. I could have depression and PCOS, but that would be one great big coincidence that it comes on just as I start Baclofen.

I will be asking the Dr on Monday, in the meantime I'm going to try reducing my dose. I could take fewer, larger doses but I find taking a lot at night makes it difficult for me to get up in the morning, then I lie in and feel poop even more. Perhaps I should take more in the morning, but I've been getting to around 6pm and am ready for sleeping. Last night I evenly dosed perfectly, went out to see a friend and was just falling asleep constantly. I couldn't connect at all.

By the way I am sleeping very well indeed. Perhaps the Baclofen I'm using is a mixture of a sleeping drug, with a steroid! Actually I have experience of both since a long time ago I did try one or two, and this doesn't feel like them either.

Oh I'm using AWD Baclofen, don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X