Thinking of quitting Bac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking of quitting Bac

GH, everybody has pretty much said what needs to be said. I have found this thread to be the most helpful. Tip's Titration Thread

It is a summary of the titration schedule of various members. Hang in there! This takes a lot of self-discipline, which I am sure you have in spades.
    Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before.
    - Jacob August Riis

Comment

Thinking of quitting Bac

UK, if you lower your dose are you finding that craving returns?

I understand your depression. I have had it in the past during periods when I stopped drinking. I'm not saying that's what's causing yours, just that I understand what it's like.

It seems that what you are doing - reducing your dose slightly, and playing around with timings and dosings is probably your best bet at the moment. I can't think of any other advice to offer you. I don't recall seeing this effect reported in any other posts, but not a lot of people hang around after curing themselves, so perhaps it is more common than it seems.

Good luck UK, I hope you are able to get to the bottom of this. Please let us know how you are getting on.

Comment

Thinking of quitting Bac

UK and gearhead, I am in the same boat. I was fine at 150 and a zombie at 200.I titrated up slowly. Down to 100 now, going to give it another shot-problem with me is I never even TRIED to quit drinking.

Comment

Thinking of quitting Bac

Glad you are hanging on with us GH. I think Bleep is probably right on, about the titration and the drinking thing. Or at least I hope he's right about the drinking thing.
          This Princess Saved Herself

Comment

Thinking of quitting Bac

It's so very frustrating. We need studies done on all of this, so one day people are able to say "THIS is the way to do it, follow this protocol, this will happen, then this will happen, etc..."

Until then, we are unfortunately left to fumble around in the dark like this, trial and error, with lots of trial and lots of error.

Comment

Thinking of quitting Bac

I know how you feel GH, but looks like we are not allowed to talk about the SE's anymore so I cannot offer you any advice.....

maybe what bleep said a more regular dosing schedule?
              "What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Thinking of quitting Bac

bleep;1084252 wrote: It's so very frustrating. We need studies done on all of this, so one day people are able to say "THIS is the way to do it, follow this protocol, this will happen, then this will happen, etc..."

Until then, we are unfortunately left to fumble around in the dark like this, trial and error, with lots of trial and lots of error.
                Truer words were never spoken.....
                Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before.
                - Jacob August Riis

Comment

Thinking of quitting Bac

taw;1084278 wrote: I know how you feel GH, but looks like we are not allowed to talk about the SE's anymore so I cannot offer you any advice.....

maybe what bleep said a more regular dosing schedule?
                  I am going to keep talking about them! They are real and a real roadblock for most people.
                  - Jacob August Riis

Comment

Thinking of quitting Bac

Ukblonde;1084040 wrote: I've been at the same dose for close on 4 weeks now and I still feel rubbish every, single day. Cravings are gone just feel terrible most of the time.
                    Hi UK. So you've been on 180 for 4 weeks w/no cravings. So why would you increase the dose? What about decreasing it? Have you titrated down at all since hitting your switch, and if so, what was the result? I switched at 180, and I felt so much better when I started titrating down from there. I've been finding that staying at one dose for awhile can lead me to feeling kinda crappy. I've been playing with a cycling titration (even though I remain indifferent at 80mgs), and so far it's been working pretty well.

Of course we're all different, etc., so your mileage may (and most likely will) vary. But if you're indifferent at 180 and feeling like crap, it seems like a good time to try decreasing your dose some.
                    Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
                    ~Clutch

Comment

Thinking of quitting Bac

Isolde

This is exactly what I am going to do. I was staying at the same dose because I wasn't sure I'd switched. You see most of the time I wasn't a daily drinker, and could manage several days without drinking. I'd also experience periods of 3 or 4 days with zero cravings at doses of 100mgs, 120 and 150. So I wanted to be sure. I have been drunk once this week so not sure what that actually means - although the remainder of the time abstenance hasn't been difficult I did have an overwhelming urge to drink, and acted on it. I'd like to come down to around 100mgs or thereabouts. Today I've felt so rubbish I've missed out a few doses and will only have had 100mgs. Obviously I realise this is too big a drop down, but I'm not going to fit in any more than that in before the end of the day - might get to 125mgs if I take a dose in the middle of the night. Tomorrow I'll go back up to around 150 for a few days and come down from there.

I'd also read at about the time of my switch that zooming back down immediately was leading to relapse.

Anyway will try again and looking forward to feeling good again, whilst being AF!

Comment

Thinking of quitting Bac

Spread the dose out regularly through the day to keep an even, manageable level in your system.
                        BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Thinking of quitting Bac

taw;1084278 wrote: I know how you feel GH, but looks like we are not allowed to talk about the SE's anymore so I cannot offer you any advice.....

Where is this coming from?

Otherwise, good to hear from you taw, how are you keeping these days?

Comment

Thinking of quitting Bac

the thread that all the SE's are in my head and I am just whining! Maybe the pissiness SE is just in my head too!

I can tell you I was NOT imagining all that puking for so long! Or the twitching so bad in my hands that I cannot hold a book or a pen or a cup of coffee!

Oh, sorry whining again
                            "What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Thinking of quitting Bac

Taw, that's not what was said at all. I know your nausea was a genuine and horrible SE. I didn't know about the shaking one, that's a new one for me to hear about. I'm sorry you had such a rough journey.

How are you doing these days?

Comment

Thinking of quitting Bac

Bleep

I had the twitchy hands at various points too. I'm sure I once wrote a post saying I was having trouble actually stopping my fingers from flying off the keyboard.

I hear what you are saying taw.

Comment

Working...
                                X