Thinking of quitting Bac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking of quitting Bac

I had that too, quite badly at some points UK. It really seemed much worse when I was typing, although maybe it was just more noticeable then. Luckily, if your hand is doing something "important", like holding a drink or something, it didn't seem to happen.

Hope that is the case for you?

Comment

Thinking of quitting Bac

Taw I've read a few posts similar to yours
      taw;1084340 wrote: the thread that all the SE's are in my head and I am just whining! Maybe the pissiness SE is just in my head too!

I can tell you I was NOT imagining all that puking for so long! Or the twitching so bad in my hands that I cannot hold a book or a pen or a cup of coffee!

Oh, sorry whining again
      and every time it distresses me. I suggested that some of the variety and intensity of the SEs could be explained by psychosomatics. This is not the same as suggesting that the SEs are not real.

Peptic ulcer, migrains (nod to Cindi), high blood pressure. hives are some of the very real illnesses that often
      (not always) have their cause in the mind.

At the risk of sounding pedantic, please have a look at the meaning of pschosomatic on google. It is not imaginary, it does not make light of the symptoms (in this case SEs) and the scope of what it covers will become more integrated in regular medical practice.

Holistic medicine is very aware of the integration of the mind and the body. Alcoholism is a disease ofthe mind that OA has discovered a cure for. This is blurring the line between psyche (mind) and soma (body), as have pschological medicines for a long time.

I hope you are OK Taw and can find what you need on these pages to help you. Please do not be hesitant to post about your experiences as there will always be people happy to offer advice. What you listen to is for you to decide.

Gearhead. I'm pleased that you are going to give it another try. Please get a plan sorted in your head and try not to deviate too much. Bleep has a lot of good advise on how to proceed. If you take the pills yoy will get better. I didn't believe it myself but it worked anyway!
      Started Baclofen 3/9/10 Hit my switch at 250mg on 21/11/10 Present maintenance dose of 50mg : started drinking after 1 year, upped dose to 80mg and stopped: Tapered to 30mg, started 6 months of drinking, upped dose to 240mg to stop 12/7/12

Comment

Thinking of quitting Bac

sorry to hijack, GH, hope decide to proceed with the knowledge from everyone here!
        "What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Thinking of quitting Bac

Quick update, I've cut back quite a bit and feeling a heck of a lot better. Only managed 125mgs Friday because I'd missed two doses due to being completely fed up of feeling sick. Started returning to feeling ill on Saturday when I went back to 25mg every 3-4 hours. I couldn't face trying for 150mg and had no physical problems nor withdrawl.. Going to aim for the same today. I know this is a big drop down from 175ish but dropping just 25mgs was still too much for me. Will stay at 125mg for a few days and see what happens. So far no major cravings, only the odd "I could drink if I want to" thought, but you see I don't "want" to drink so there has been no problem there.

Comment

Thinking of quitting Bac

Good to hear UK.

On the plus side further - if you have reached indifference, dropping the dose a little shouldn't really be an issue.

Comment

Working...
            X