Slow increases in dose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow increases in dose?

terryk;1085381 wrote: I'm not against a faster titration. I'm sure that it works for many, many people. -tk
    Yes, obviously it does work for some. But it's not without some difficulties associated with too rapid dose increases.
    And if the other lends itself to fewer SEs, then it's worth a try, at least for us (meaning my husband's protocol.)

My husband is doing remarkably well. Abstinent for 6 days. Taking 60mg/day (30mg for 3 days, 40mg/for one day, 60mg for last two days.)
    I'm already noticing marked differences in his behavior and demeanor. It's pretty profound, and a benefit of being AF and on bac.
    woohooo!

Comment

Slow increases in dose?

Ne/Neva Eva;1085813 wrote:
      My husband is doing remarkably well. Abstinent for 6 days. Taking 60mg/day (30mg for 3 days, 40mg/for one day, 60mg for last two days.)
      I'm already noticing marked differences in his behavior and demeanor. It's pretty profound, and a benefit of being AF and on bac.
      You are in kind of unique position to have been through it yourself and now witnessing, first-hand, another person on it. What differences are you noticing.

I'm very happy for you both! :l

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Slow increases in dose?

Ne/Neva Eva;1085370 wrote: Slow and steady it will be, I think...
        You are thinking correctly, my friend. I seem to remember it was the tortoise, not the hare, who won the race.....
        Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before.
        - Jacob August Riis

Comment

Slow increases in dose?

Yes, but imagine a hare with brains!

Although I agree, on the whole. A steady titration is important, although it need not be slow.

Comment

Slow increases in dose?

Everyone different

Personally I think everyone has to find their own way, listen to their bodies and go up not too slowly....but also sensible. The one thing to avoid at all costs is a sudden jump(I failed to avoid this....) as this is plain stupid and will only cause problems. As long as your body can take it, jumping up 10-20mg every day or two surely can't be that bad for you? Some would argue that the brain needs a few days to adjust to a rise of 10-20mg but after my spike(when i went from 100-220 in one mad day) I droppped back to 140 or so and then rose very steadily and quickly(increasing 10mg every day) to 200mg where I am now staying for a bit. My SE's are mainly that if I close my eyes I go into a very quick deep sleep. At night time, I sleep very deeply but wake up every hour or so....cannot remember the last time i slept right through. then again, the last 10-12 days have been a bit rough - blocked ears constant companion, alot of headaches, sore throats. But don't think that's a bac thing, more a sinus/infection problem which I am seeing a doc about finally today.
            Anyways, IMO, the bottom line.....go up steadily, don't go too slowly, we all wanna reach our swicth, but just DON'T do a massive increase at any one time(i.e more than 30 mg in one day i would say, to be safe)
            Cheers
            I am well and truly in recovery, I thank Baclofen, the good people of MWO and my love of spirituality, the combination of which have helped to guide me out of the darkness in the last couple months. Cheers to that.

Comment

Slow increases in dose?

Hi Terry

Are you totally AF now? Just want some reassurance, after what you went through (scarey stuff) that is was worth it? I am just guessing you are ?

Missy

Comment

Working...
              X