Everyone in the UK - Baclofen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just found this, and it is very exciting!!!!

alcoholism-northwest.co.uk

A Dr quite close to me running a private Baclofen programme. I knew there were commercial applications. I'm going to make contact AND send his details to my GP.

Also going to find out information regards fees etc.

Oh wow uk That is amazing!!! What a breakthrough! Its as if uk has its own olivier amiesen or Dr L now. Well done for finding that!
    I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

UK, I'm sorry. That is Phill, a/k/a B4A, a/k/a Dr Phill, a/k/a Dr. Baclofen - he's a charlatan, a jerk, an opportunist and a liar. For starters, he's not even a doctor. He's been booted from MYO repeatedly for advertising his handbook. Some people whom he has "treated" did not fair well. Please stay away from him. I had been dragging my feet on nailing the creep, but it looks like I had better get on the ball with all that.

Please stay away from him, UK. You don't need the likes of him!:l

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Oh sorry about this, there is supposedly an article printed on this guy in a regional newspaper too.

Just shows how much journalists know.

I'll stick with Dr Chick for now!

Comment

Ukblonde;1086893 wrote: Oh sorry about this, there is supposedly an article printed on this guy in a regional newspaper too.
          If you can find that article, I'd appreciate a link via PM. I thought I had already found them all. I definitely have the one where Phill is disclosed as "not a doctor."

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Aw boo! Thats sad for all the uk people who wanted to try Baclofen. Who is this creep then that would do that to people? Is he really pretending to be a doc? Thats against the law.
            I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

Comment

UK, would you please delete your original post, or at least the link so other people don't see it?

CF, wanna help me? I'd have to make a slew of international calls otherwise. I don't what's LD for you though.

This guy is an opportunist on so many levels it just makes my head spin and makes me feel ill. When I figured it out between him and Cowgal, I just wanted to puke and cry and scream! We really need to get him and his various (multiple websites and ventures) shut down permanently.

Edited to add: And if we can get some criminal charges against the creep, all the better.

Edited a second time to add: This is the man himself, who apparently is unclothed (?), the self-proclaimed renowned surgeon (who is not even a doctor???), discussing how he *cured* himself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqEc_XL9I7Y[/video]]YouTube - Baclofen - Curing My Alcoholism - www.baclofen4alcoholism.com

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Its a very easy process in the uk. You just contact these guys.GMC | Complaints and the role of the GMC

Are you folks 100% sure he is not a genuine doc? I ask because this is a massive no-no in the uk and Ireland. There was a guy jailed in the last year in Ireland for pretending to be a doc. If this guy is honestly running a clinic saying he is a doc when he is not..well he must have a desire to spend Easter behind bars. I read his site. He sounds like he has some education. Could he really be that stupid? Thats why I ask are we 100% sure he is not a registered doc?

Comment

Pretty sure, CF (please note the phrase "Mr. Thomas, who is not a doctor"):

EXCLUSIVE: WHY DIDN'T HER MUM PUT HER ON A DIET INSTEAD? - mirror.co.uk

Shortly after I posted that link on MWO, a wiki entry appeared explaining why a doctor would claim the title mister. It did not explain why a journalist would go so far as to state outright: ". . . not a doctor." He's a liar, a jerk, shameless in both respects.

On top of that, there is the obvious: The man cannot even prescribe for himself! On top of that, there is more. I need to get it altogether though, but the asshole has put enough credentials out there that it shouldn't be hard to shoot them down. You are right though - the pretending to be a doctor thing is a VERY BIG friggin' deal. It's how he reels people in. It's how he got UK interested.

And - YES - the man is incredibly stupid. Please see the video link for proof.

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Gmc have been contacted with links to both articles. It is a really serious offence to impersonate a doc. If thats true then the powers that be will not be amused...and thats putting it mildly.

Comment

coalfire;1086918 wrote: Gmc have been contacted with links to both articles. It is a really serious offence to impersonate a doc. If thats true then the powers that be will not be amused...and thats putting it mildly.
                      Thanks, CF. In his book, he wasn't even clever enough to claim that he was not dispensing medical advice. I think Lulu will shut it down as soon as I can get in contact with someone official to confirm that he holds no such status in the UK (and likewise the various other credentials he claims). I think the people who host his sites will likewise shut them down. I hope so.

Thanks again.

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Just a sort-of funny aside, this "Dr. Phill" made a video to promote baclofen (under the name DrBaclofen):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqEc_XL9I7Y[/video]]YouTube - Baclofen - Curing My Alcoholism - www.baclofen4alcoholism.com

What makes me laugh about this video is that he isn't wearing a shirt, and he apparently taped it in his living room or something. Any "doctor" who purports to be a professional, but who can't even bother getting dressed for a promotional video, is not worth trusting in my book.

Comment

TracyA;1086919 wrote: .... as soon as I can get in contact with someone official to confirm that he holds no such status in the UK

Thanks again.
                          I have already put in that request to the GMC. As soon as I hear his UK legal status I will post it in this thread.

Comment

I found this article. Philip Thomas was a Dr but is removed from the register and is no longer allowed to practice medicine in the uk.The GMC know about his advert.
                            Phillip Thomas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

As to his claim of being at attorney, he is not listed on the roles as a solicitor (an attorney for folks in the US) either - they've never heard of him!

His dismissal from the medical community is archived here:

GMC Minutes

So, not a doctor, as he claimed, and not an attorney, as he claimed, yet . . . he still dispenses medical advice via his book AND runs a clinic? Hmmmm.

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X