Dr. Ameisen is on MWO - Right Now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One last thing Otter. Since when did Baclofen plus many supports=cure. Its not so long ago that the OA lab rats were discussed as proof that all you had to do was open wide and swallow. If it is now the case that ads/nurses etc are now necessary for a cure then we need to talk about that. Thats why I think that this relapse should be discussed. Is Baclofen enough? Thoughts on that would be good.
    I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

coalfire;1089059 wrote: One last thing Otter. Since when did Baclofen plus many supports=cure. Its not so long ago that the OA lab rats were discussed as proof that all you had to do was open wide and swallow. If it is now the case that ads/nurses etc are now necessary for a cure then we need to talk about that. Thats why I think that this relapse should be discussed. Is Baclofen enough? Thoughts on that would be good.
      What relapse?
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cinders;1089069 wrote: What relapse?
        :shocked:

It's times like this that I feel no hope for humanity.

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Cinders;1088690 wrote: Chi,

Glad Flori is so sure what OA should do.

Cindi
          Cinders I dont understand. You were weighing in with comments about OA's relapse and then you are asking what relapse? Are you ok tonight Cinders?
          I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

Comment

I posted that there was no proof of OA's relapse.

I am sorry that was not conveyed.

Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Ok...so you know about it. Thats fine."What relapse?" sort of confused me there.

Comment

Tracy,

My heart goes out to you, your world must be an angry and lonely one for you to be constantly spewing forth such nastiness on a regular basis.

You were the same when you were Topsy Turvy Tracy...always upsetting people.

I hope you find your way out because at the moment you are very very lost, in more ways than one.

Sometimes it is nicer to be kind than right.
                "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Sometimes it is nicer to be kind than right.
                  Something I forgot about when I made my snide remark to Florie. I hope she can truly forgive me for that. I do want her to get well, no matter what.

And, yes, Oney, it is always a good thing to be kind. Sometimes nicer to be kind than right and sometimes nicer to be right than kind. Love has to drive that decision.

You are such a blessing here on MWO!!

Love,
                  Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

LOL, this is hilarious. :H

The unexamined life is not worth living

Comment

Cinders you sound very tired. I think that what is happening is that people are trying to hammer out what that relapse means. It is a very worrying time for people who are mid journey Baclofen. Emotions are high.

Comment

CF,

My emotions are always high. However, I don't call out people as b@tches. (Sorry, just can't do it. Too old, my daddy would've slapped me silly.)

I am tired, I agree.

But I am only back at 30 mgs/day. I still wake up mid-nightish and have to run to the toilet and don't always make it.

I have told my friend, Beatle, that I will go up however high I must. I will. There is no alternative.

It is threads like this that make it really scary, but at the end of the day, drinking is really scary, too.

I haven't relapsed, because I haven't ever been sober except when in rehab when it wasn't possible.

I want to be sober when I can be drunk. If you know what I mean.

I want to be sober on my terms.

Love,
                        Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

OK Cinders.Maybe this time things will be better for you. Why don't you try to get some sleep and then you can let us know tomorrow what happens when you up your dose? If you are tired and feeling scared then I think that its better to leave threads like this for another time. Its probably only feeding into your tiredness. You know what they say about things looking better in the morning. It usually works for me!

Comment

As someone who has been labelled a "chronic relapser", I know the shame and guilt that comes with a slip. So I wish Ollie A. all the best. Keep your chin up, Ollie. I hope you share what happened with us so we can avoid the same pitfalls.

But please don't come as a teacher lecturing his pupils. Instead, please come as one drunk talking to another drunk. The therapuetic value of that is immeasurable.
                            Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before.
                            - Jacob August Riis

Comment

hi gang, a pick on me thread,? a bunch of drunks picking on each other and there sober,maybe it s the BAC, hahahaha, you can t insult a drunk, they ve herd it before,

Comment

otter there is but one way to stop drinking and it without DRUGS

Comment

Working...
                                X