A note from Dr. Ameisen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A note from Dr. Ameisen

Many thanks Chi. I emailed him from the website, and also replied to an earlier email that he had sent me, so fairly sure he got them. I think perhaps you are right as to the reasons, they make sense.

Much appreciated, hopefully you receive a response. I fear not though, mainly for the very reasons you have stated.

Comment

A note from Dr. Ameisen

Perhaps you could contact Dr. Levin?

He seems to be comfortable with dosing recommendations.

Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

A note from Dr. Ameisen

Murphyx;1090508 wrote:
        But I don't understand the situation with the French forum as reported by Florie.
        Hello,

The situation on the french forums is very simple : the webmasters/moderators of the historic forum "Alcool & Baclof?ne" have a policy of editing and deleting posts that do not please them.

For instance my entire story (backup up here) has been deleted. The reason is that I made some suggestions to improve the web site, and those suggestions have not been accepted by the webmasters. I have been "warned" once (and then not been able to post without moderation), then completely excluded from the forum.

Another member has had his post edited because he gave a link to my blog (proof here - sorry it's in french).

And we are not the only ones who have had problems with the moderators

So one of the members decided that enough was enough and created a new forum : Baclofene & Alcoolisme. It looks like a copy because it uses the same software but really the moderation policy is different. It welcomed it first troll last week but instead of censoring it they simply "boxed" it on a signe thread.

That is a difference.

Comment

A note from Dr. Ameisen

thinking

Murphyx;1090508 wrote: GREAT NEWS!

But I don't understand the situation with the French forum as reported by Florie.
          you don t seem to understand a lot of things:H

Comment

A note from Dr. Ameisen

i hurd diferent

Comment

A note from Dr. Ameisen

he s walked out in a hospital

Comment

A note from Dr. Ameisen

he s my husband

Comment

A note from Dr. Ameisen

Special,

There is another duck on this site. Have you met?
                  BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

A note from Dr. Ameisen

not a dark duck wake up to reality

Comment

A note from Dr. Ameisen

special is gyco s twin do i need say no more

Comment

A note from Dr. Ameisen

yes there is 2 of us

Comment

A note from Dr. Ameisen

is you both baclofenistas?
                          BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

A note from Dr. Ameisen

A strange twist to this thread. Special, you've posted a fair amount, so you should know that personally attacking people is not a productive method of dialogue. Just something to consider.

Hi Phillipe, welcome to the forum. You lot are quite political, it seems! I looking forward to looking at your new forum, every source of knowledge about this is appreciated.

Comment

A note from Dr. Ameisen

Philippe, thanks for the heads up. I've checked out the new forum Forum baclofene et alcool - Un NOUVEAU forum d'entraide pour ceux qui ont un probleme avec l'alcoolisme and it looks very interesting. Although of course I have to rely on Google Translate so I miss some of the content, but none the less I think it will be of great use.

Any chance of an English speakers' section? I'm reluctant to post using a Google Translation in case I come across as a bit 'special'. :H

The unexamined life is not worth living

Comment

A note from Dr. Ameisen

Murphyx;1091654 wrote: Philippe, thanks for the heads up. I've checked out the new forum Forum baclofene et alcool - Un NOUVEAU forum d'entraide pour ceux qui ont un probleme avec l'alcoolisme and it looks very interesting. Although of course I have to rely on Google Translate so I miss some of the content, but none the less I think it will be of great use.

Any chance of an English speakers' section? I'm reluctant to post using a Google Translation in case I come across as a bit 'special'. :H
                                I do not manage the forum myself, but I will submit the idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X