Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cindi and Baclofen

Ig,

I am just waiting until I am functional again.

I will titrate up after that.

I understand what you are saying.

Cindi

Sorry about the TMI but I do want to be honest.
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cindi and Baclofen

Cindi!
      You sound like you're on the right path. A good part of my problem was not being able to focus on my own goals. You sound grounded and ready - I wish you the best.
      -HS

Comment

Cindi and Baclofen

Hey Cindi,

Cannot type well, but wanted to recognize your accomplishments. xxoo

:goodjob:

Comment

Cindi and Baclofen

ne,
          i just read your post from long ago, and i feel so inspired. you are eloquent and you tell your journey like it is. (i'm talking about a post from page 5.) how so very helpful are people's accounts, yours. thank you! i'm'a keep reading... ...while i decide if bac might help me. whoopee!

Comment

Cindi and Baclofen

Cindi congratulations on the untouched bottle of vodka. You are doing really well. I think things are going to work this time for you, I really do. You have come so far, good for you girl. :l

Comment

Cindi and Baclofen

I wouldn't say I have hit my switch at all but I was able to convince myself that drinking the vodka was not a good idea.

I do have to work, after all. I have a large project I am working on and a tight timeline. I log into MWO off and on during the day to give myself some breaks. Very soothing when I get nervous about work. A major trigger for me.

I very much appreciate the kind posts. They made my day!! :thanks:

I would not have gone and bought the bottle if I was indifferent. It was on my mind, hubby was gone, I had all week, yada yada yada. But, like HS said, I am focused on my goal of AF. It means so much to me. You have no idea. I cringe when I think about the things I have done drunk.

Anyway, I went ahead and went up to 140 mgs/day. Curiously, the SEs are not any worse. And, unlike Chi and others, I am sleeping like a log.

But I am still unsteady, my vision is very blurry, I have the electrical shocks and I have trouble finding words. Oh, and my typing sucks, mostly because of the electrical shocks.

However, I keep smiling because I have faith this is going to work for me.

I, do, however need some advice. I have an eye appt on Friday morning. 9:15 a.m.

I need to get as much Baclofen out of my system. This is a special eye appt with an optical/neurologist, he will be doing some very indepth checks on my eyes due to a syndrome I have. I am hoping he can help me with my vision loss.

How can I best affect this? Skip my evening dose of Baclofen and take my dose after the doctor's appt? Will it be out of my system that way?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!

Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cindi and Baclofen

What? Why?
                :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
                :what?:
                sigpic
                Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
                A Forum
                Trolls need not apply

Comment

Cindi and Baclofen

I never stopped bac even for doctor's appointments (with blood/urine) or eye or dental appointments. Why would you, other than general paranoia? (Which I totally understand!)

Comment

Cindi and Baclofen

Blurry vision is one SE I suffer from. It's really bad, I don't drive much at all.

It would invalidate the doctor's tests. These are tests for neurapthy.

Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cindi and Baclofen

I can relate to the blurry vision Cindi but at the risk of being facetious I think blurry thinking is more to the point.

Why would you consider playing with your bacloden dose in order to accommodate an eye test?

Is it not possible to move the test back a month to give you an unrestricted run at the 'switch'? I would call the Doctor and briefly tell her about the medication and this SE. It may not invalidate the tests or it may lead you to rescheduling. the appointment.

Baclofen seems to be going according to plan. Again. sigh. cheesy but I think you need to remove the plank before looking for the splinter.
                      Started Baclofen 3/9/10 Hit my switch at 250mg on 21/11/10 Present maintenance dose of 50mg : started drinking after 1 year, upped dose to 80mg and stopped: Tapered to 30mg, started 6 months of drinking, upped dose to 240mg to stop 12/7/12

Comment

Cindi and Baclofen

Ig,

I am going blind in my right eye. My doctor wants me to go to this appt asap.

She wants to see if there is something that can be done to keep me from losing my vision.

I won't wait a month. This is a source of extreme angst for me. I don't want to lose any more vision than I need to. It is accelerating.

I think taking my evening dose much earlier than normal and my morning dose a bit later than normal is my best option.

I was much more interested in how long it would take to wear off from the evening before.

Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cindi and Baclofen

Sometimes I take my evening dose as early as 1 or 2 pm and my morning dose as late as 10 am. I'm on a much higher dose than you. What exactly are you afraid of, trying to prevent, or achieve?
                          :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
                          :what?:
                          sigpic
                          Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
                          A Forum
                          Trolls need not apply

Comment

Cindi and Baclofen

lo0p,

I am trying to prevent having the blurriness and the other visual issues I have as Baclofen SEs.

My eyes sometimes "snap" and it looks like things go away and come back quickly. This seems to happen when I titrate up as I have done recently.

The blurriness of is another concern. I have it all the time. I need to get a good analysis of my eye done. This is important.

Thanks!!
                            Cindi
                            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cindi and Baclofen

From one of your previous posts where you mentioned vi and command lines, as a fellow Unix professional, I can truly understand your concern. Let us know how it goes!

Comment

Cindi and Baclofen

Hi Cindi,

Your thread is inspirational.

You are my hero.

Posting about your SE's is not controversial in any way, but necessary. People need to know what they are getting in to with baclofen.

Regarding your tapering down for your appointment: I had a meeting that was very important, and absolutely could not look stoned for, which was a very big SE for me. Tiptronic came up with some very useful advice, which proved to be spot on, and some experiments from me later on have added to it. Baclofen will stay in your system at a useful level for 8 hours or more after a dose, so simply don't take it for that long before your appointment. You should find most, if not all of the SE's abate dramatically. I have gone 24 hours with no baclofen with no ill effects, so that option should be available to you, and should completely remove the SE's. Just take your baclofen as soon as you finish your appointment.

Good luck with your appointment. Blindness would terrify me. As usual, you seem to be taking this all in your stride. I hope the guy is able to help.

Comment

Working...
                                X