Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Journey Starting on Naltrexone

Hi Everyone,

I asked this before but thought I would start my own thread and not hedge in on other peoples' threads.
    Can someone tell me how much and the best time to take Naltrexone? I just cut-split a 50mg yesterday evening and took my first ever 25mg of it. Then right before bed I took the remaining 25mg that was in the pill cutter. Weird for me but I left half the bottle of wine in fridge untouched -- Normally I would have drunk everything available around me.

Feeling a little groggy today but that could be a variety of things. I'm not sure whether the Naltrexone is something one takes in the morning or at night or in splits? My primary concern is I don't want to have side effects like getting drowsy during the day. Although I normally have difficulty falling asleep (hence why the drinks started in the first place).

Thanks
    :new:
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    "Alexander The Next" 's Experimental Combo Journey with TSM (Naltrexon) and Baclofen -- Progress Diary
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f20/alexander-next-s-experimental-combo-journey-tsm-naltrexon-baclofen-49307.html

Bump. Please.

Thank you much in advance.
    "Alexander The Next" 's Experimental Combo Journey with TSM (Naltrexon) and Baclofen -- Progress Diary
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f20/alexander-next-s-experimental-combo-journey-tsm-naltrexon-baclofen-49307.html

Comment

I posted this in the other Naltrexone thread:

There you go Alexan! It sounds like it may work for you.

I take mine every day at 5pm. I take 50mg, which is the recommended dose. HTH.
      Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Thanks for the feeback, Noelle! I just read it
        Cheers!

Comment

Its almost 5pm the next day and I'm feeling sick. I feel like throwing up in addition to all of these following

Anxiety; appetite loss; just slight constipation; dizziness; drowsiness; feeling down; irritability; joint and muscle pain in neck; low energy; nausea; nervousness; slight stomach pain/cramps;
          Trying not to vomit.

I had really wanted to go to the gym to cheer up but I guess that's done now I'm so sad.

Comment

Hi Alexan,

I have no experience with naltrexone, so unfortunately won't be of much help in that regard. I think this applies to most of the regular posters, although there are definitely some people taking it, so I'm sure someone will be along to help out.

Those symptoms sound terrible, you have my sympathy, for all the good that does you!

Are you aware that naltrexone has a dedicated forum, under the Sinclair Method?

Comment

Yes!! Its here:
              thesinclairmethod.com • Index page

Unfortunately not too many people are on it.

Bleep what was your experience with Baclofen? I need to tame this beast fast -- no time left

Comment

Baclofen saved my life, to give you the short answer. I reached indifference quite quickly, and despite messing up once or twice, remain indifferent to this day. Personally, it would be my first line of attack against alcoholism.

Comment

Thanks Buddy,
                  So have you had to stay on a maintenance dose of Baclofen since reaching "indifference"?
                  :thanks:
                  :goodjob:

Comment

Hi Alexan,

I just started Nal on Tuesday. The book, "The Cure For Alcoholism" talked about on the thesinclairmethod.net site recommends that you start at 25 mg for the first two days, which is what I did. Today is my first day on 50 mg. It sounds like you started at 50? That may have caused the negative SE.

Everyone reacts differently to medications. Fortunately, I haven't experienced any yet except I have been a little sleepier in the evening.

I just got the book myself and I recommend you either read it and/or read more on the other forum. There's a lot of great info there and excerpts from the book. I'm only in the beginning.

You always take the medication one hour before drinking. That's it. Take the medicine and drink. It takes some time but what I've read is that over time, your urge to drink will decrease and you'll either be able to abstain or moderate.

I'm excited about my journey and hope it helps me. Good luck to you!
                    Do Your Dream

Comment

alexan;1093800 wrote: ...
                      So have you had to stay on a maintenance dose of Baclofen since reaching "indifference"?

I'm still fiddling around with my dose, trying to find out what to do. Accepted wisdom is that there is a maintenance dose I'll need to take, for a while certainly.

Comment

doyourdream;1093806 wrote: Hi Alexan,

I just started Nal on Tuesday. The book, "The Cure For Alcoholism" talked about on the thesinclairmethod.net site recommends that you start at 25 mg for the first two days, which is what I did. Today is my first day on 50 mg. It sounds like you started at 50? That may have caused the negative SE.

Everyone reacts differently to medications. Fortunately, I haven't experienced any yet except I have been a little sleepier in the evening.

I just got the book myself and I recommend you either read it and/or read more on the other forum. There's a lot of great info there and excerpts from the book. I'm only in the beginning.

You always take the medication one hour before drinking. That's it. Take the medicine and drink. It takes some time but what I've read is that over time, your urge to drink will decrease and you'll either be able to abstain or moderate.

I'm excited about my journey and hope it helps me. Good luck to you!
                        Doyourdream, I agree with you. Taking the 50mg does was probably too much and that's why Alexan feels so bad. One is supposed to take 25mg for 3 days and THEN take the 50mg.

I take my 50mg around 5pm every day. NOT before I drink, because I don't drink anymore. I don't understand the Sinclair Method, where you take the Naltrexone and then drink. It doesn't make sense. The Naltrexone *should* make you not even want to drink.

As usual, these are my opinions. And also MY personal experiences.

Good luck!
                        Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Working...
                        X