X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New US Study Indifferent About Baclofen

Hi All,

What are your thoughts on this?
    Recent studies found baclofen to be no more effective than placebo and topiramate more effective than naltrexone.
    Efficacy and safety of baclofen for alcohol depend... [Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2010] - PubMed result
    Topiramate for the Treatment of Alcohol Dependence: Comparison with Naltrexone

Thanks
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    "Alexander The Next" 's Experimental Combo Journey with TSM (Naltrexon) and Baclofen -- Progress Diary
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f20/alexander-next-s-experimental-combo-journey-tsm-naltrexon-baclofen-49307.html

Yep. They studied 30 mgs/day of Baclofen,

30 mgs/day of Baclofen is NOTHING.

Sorry, went to the first post and did not go to the last.

30 mgs/day is NOTHING.

Cindi

ps, Do not read this to mean I want you to go above that. You should have a doctor's advice, no matter what.

Good luck on finding the doctor.
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Low dose = why only two people dropped out of the study due to adverse affects. If they would have done a high dose, like 200 or more, many more would have dropped out. The majority would have bailed. But the remaining non bailers would have seen better results. For a while, until they dropped out because of adverse affects.

Comment

Well now it makes sense why when a doctor gave me Baclofen back in 2003 for anxiety/depression, it did absolutely nothing for me!!
        Who knew that you have to take so much? I think my dosage then was either 25mg or 50mg. I was going crazy looking for anything non-benzo to work and ultimately had to fall back on the bottle to alleviate life.

Winks, your statement completely confused me. Not sure if you're saying its good or bad.
        ------------------------------------------------------------
        "Alexander The Next" 's Experimental Combo Journey with TSM (Naltrexon) and Baclofen -- Progress Diary
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f20/alexander-next-s-experimental-combo-journey-tsm-naltrexon-baclofen-49307.html

Comment

Winks;1093630 wrote: Low dose = why only two people dropped out of the study due to adverse affects. If they would have done a high dose, like 200 or more, many more would have dropped out. The majority would have bailed. But the remaining non bailers would have seen better results. For a while, until they dropped out because of adverse affects.
          Not sure where you are coming from either. This forum has dozens of people who stayed the course at high dose. Do you have any experience with baclofen yourself?
          Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before.
          - Jacob August Riis

Comment

As for the baclofen study:

What Cindi says.

As for the topa vs nal study:

I'm sure there will be plenty to come here and comment on that... or maybe not, given the title of this thread.
            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Re: Nal vs. Topa

Anyone interested in Naltrexone would do well to read about it's proper protocol @ thesinclairmethod.com • Index page

Re: Baclofen

This is NOT a new study. Here is a link to where we've discussed it here before: https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...tml#post920529

Re: Both

Well here's a link to what what I think about both: https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...ml#post1069301

Specifically:
              Lo0p, nearly 2 years ago on The Sinclair Method Forums wrote: This never ceases to confound me: WHY WOULD YOU SPEND ALL THE MONEY AND TIME IT TAKES TO CONDUCT A RESEARCH STUDY WITHOUT SIMPLY READING THE STUDIES THAT HAVE ALREADY BEEN DONE?
              Winks;1093630 wrote:
              :brainfart:
              Thanks for the laugh. :H
              :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
              :what?:
              sigpic
              Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
              A Forum
              Trolls need not apply

Comment

Hi Alexan - at a relatively low dose, baclofen does help with anxiety. Personally, I experienced this effect at about 80mg's, which I believe is the recommended maximum safe dosage for baclofen. At 50mg's, I felt absolutely nothing, neither good nor bad.

Winks, my side effects, from taking a lot more baclofen than you indicate, were on the most part very positive, and I really enjoyed the experience, so I am also a little confused by your post, coming out the blue like that.

Comment

Winks;1093630 wrote: But the remaining non bailers would have seen better results. For a while, until they dropped out because of adverse affects.
                  Bollocks. That's pretty much contradictory to most peoples experiences on here, would love to see your source or what you are basing it on?

Comment

Working...
                  X