Monthly Baclofen Budget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monthly Baclofen Budget

Well, as we have all found out Baclofen isn't cheap. $60 + shipping for a 100 25mg pills; all of which most of us would have to consume within one month to get any positive effects of the Dr. Ameisen program.

SO I would like to ask what is all of your individual MONTHLY Baclofen costs/budget before embarking on such a journey because once I'm on the program I can't stop abrubtly due to the associated sudden withdrawal symptoms
    (by the way, are they any worse than those from alcohol?)

Please let me know --
    Thanks!
    :new:
    :thanks:
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    "Alexander The Next" 's Experimental Combo Journey with TSM (Naltrexon) and Baclofen -- Progress Diary
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f20/alexander-next-s-experimental-combo-journey-tsm-naltrexon-baclofen-49307.html

Monthly Baclofen Budget

I pay about $90 for 180 20 mg pills. I use about that amount in about 3 wks. So about $30 per wk. So far.

Comment

Monthly Baclofen Budget

Thanks, Winks.

4rx don't have this rate but I guess it all works out in the end since they have the 25mg. Where do you buy from?
      "Alexander The Next" 's Experimental Combo Journey with TSM (Naltrexon) and Baclofen -- Progress Diary
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f20/alexander-next-s-experimental-combo-journey-tsm-naltrexon-baclofen-49307.html

Comment

Monthly Baclofen Budget

I get mine on prescription, but it's not covered by medical aid. Currently, it costs about $7/8 per day, but I'm on a pretty high dose still. I would pay more if I had to, not only for the fact that I'm no longer an alcoholic, but for the peace of mind that that fact brings with it. There are other benefits, too, that I mention in my thread, and others have spoken on them too.

Comment

Monthly Baclofen Budget

Yesterday I placed an order for 500 x 25mg tablets from 4RX. Because it's a re-order I get 25 extra free. So for 625 tablets it cost $363. I'm on 175mg/day and it works out at $4/day.

Obviously far less than the booze used to cost.

The unexamined life is not worth living

Comment

Monthly Baclofen Budget

Murphyx;1094518 wrote:
            I'm on 175mg/day and it works out at $4/day.
            You've gone back up over your "switch", Murph?

I've noticed some of the local pharmacies have pretty low prices since it is on the generic list.

Comment

Monthly Baclofen Budget

I pay $25 a month for 560 10mg pills at Walgreens. I always have a ton left over (I'm a bit of a bac hoarder) because I'm currently taking about 100mg a day.

Comment

Monthly Baclofen Budget

alexan;1097721 wrote: You've gone back up over your "switch", Murph?
                Yep, I titrated down too fast and got pissed up, so I went back up and added 25mg just to be sure. I'm staying here for a while before I try going down again.

Comment

Monthly Baclofen Budget

Cool.
                  I keep going to buy booze every night -- maybe out of habit.
                  But its just piling up in the fridge. I keep looking at it.

Comment

Monthly Baclofen Budget

Alexan, you're not drinking? Sorry I may not have been following your story as closely as I should. The non-drinking is from self-enforced abstinence or due to baclofen?

Comment

Monthly Baclofen Budget

I'm honestly not sure... I tried to drink Monday night but only had a beer and then just got tired and went to bed. I tried to have one yesterday but it didn't sound too appealing and I was tired so I went to sleep. But I'm also taking the Naltrexone every night just in case I drink. I had gone up to 140mg on the Bac before the electric shocks came in then I came down to 20mg before I got everyones responses that the shocks were normal.
                      I'm really not sure what's going on... except that I have a fridge full of booze and I can't keep from going and buying more every night even though I know I have plenty from before. I guess I'm hoarding booze!! haha

Comment

Monthly Baclofen Budget

In France, Baclofen comes from local pharmacies and costs only 3.24? for 30 tablets of 10mg.

So my monthly budget (for 180mg/day) is only 58,32? (~$85).

Sorry for all of you who have to pay more.

Comment

Working...
                        X