Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could you raise your hand please for YES and NO only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Friends,
    I am sorry if this is not a good question to raise in this forum but I would like to know the success rate of Baclofen among us so may I request you to share your experience in YES or NO only .

Have you conquered your alcohol addiction for permanently as Dr. OA using Baclofen?

Thank you for sharing !
    Dixon

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Seriously, you're starting another thread about this, really really?

Comment

Dixon,

Read!
      Really, I mean Really!
      Read!

Lady
      The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.

*Don't look where you fall, look why you slipped*

Comment

LadyLush,
        Thank you for your advice. I am reading many materials about baclofen,I would like to know in short how many of us had a victory over this addiction?
        Dixon
        A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

Comment

dixon;1096629 wrote:
          ,I would like to know in short how many of us had a victory over this addiction?
          Dixon
          Thousands. Mostly in France, but also hundreds in America and dozens in UK, Germany and other countries. So you're not going to get them all to reply to this thread. Especially as the vast majority of them have probably never even heard of MWO.

The unexamined life is not worth living

Comment

Murphy x,
            Thanks for your information!
            How do you think yourself about Baclofen?
            Thank you for sharing.
            Dixon

Comment

Read my sig line. In fact, do lots more reading of people's threads. You'll get lots of good info from them.

Good luck and have fun.

Comment

Hi Murphyx,
                I understand that you are in the path of victory !
                Wish you all the best and hope to hear that you get your switch very soon,
                Dixon

Comment

Comment

I haven't noticed anyone trying to humiliate him. And he's definitely not a newbie.

Comment

Hi Dixon

We are in Scotland and there is a big drink problem here. We have Dr. Chick in Edinburgh and a local doctor helping with Baclofen. My wife is now on high dose baclofen and taking it as directed by her doctor. She just had her prescription increased to 150mg per day about a month ago. She has been taking Baclofen for about two years, trying to get the right amount and the right advice about dosing during the day.

Yes, now that she has the right prescription and doctors who support her, she says she feels cured. Her doctor says she is the most advanced of his patients on baclofen.

We are still at the beginning of this treatment. It is not a case of people just saying yes or no. A lot of people have come to this site, got advice, and left. Not everyone stays here once they get their treatment right.

It is for many a very hard program of treatment with no support from doctors and it has taken two years since Olivier Ameisen published his book in English to get a handful of doctors around the world to start prescribing.

I am sure baclofen does stop alcoholic craving for 90% of people who take it. Go back two years and look at this forum and you will see no one taking baclofen. Look at it now and see the number.

Baclofen is a "work in progress". You have to try it for yourself and see how it affects you and use it to help you recover. You may decide you don't like the side effects but if you keep taking it and get the dose right then it is highly likely that you will find that it stops your drinking.

Good luck and best wishes.
                      BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

I can't at the moment say that Baclofen has helped me since I have acheived similar successful AF periods in the past prior to using it. Baclofen does make me ill though, generally iller than drinking did and I was very sick with my drinking so it's not a case of me not being 'that bad'.

Glad to see you are now quoting "90 percent" Otter. When I started Baclofen I was told Baclofen works, and no doubt about it. So when I struggled I felt a failure. That was as crushing as the failure I felt with AA when that didn't work.

I think it's important we give hope, but not false hope since that can be just as destructive.

Comment

Working...
                        X