X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baclofen study

I found this while looking through the web:

http://commons.pacificu.edu/cgi/view...195&context=pa

It's not a new study, but rather a summary of all the other studies the author was able to locate on the internet. I've copied the conclusion for convenience:

CONCLUSION
    Baclofen should be considered as another medication to try in the treatment of alcoholism.
    Patients with intense cravings for alcohol may have greater benefit in cessation of alcohol use as
    baclofen significantly and quickly decreases cravings. Both the high safety and low side effect profile
    make baclofen a reasonable option to try. Since the amount of research on the topic is minimal,
    clinicians need to use their judgment and may want to try baclofen only after first attempting other
    treatment options. The duration and dosage of baclofen is uncertain and will need to be adjusted on a
    patient by patient basis

Baclofen study

Wow, Thanks Bleep,

I found this to be VERY interesting:

In patients with multiple sclerosis, baclofen has been found to be safe in doses up to 270
    mg/day.9 The common side effects of baclofen (>10%) are muscle weakness and central nervous
    system (CNS) depression to include drowsiness, vertigo, dizziness, and insomnia
    Appreciate the post.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Baclofen study

It looks like someone's school project for a Master's thesis or something...
      :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
      :what?:
      sigpic
      Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
      A Forum
      Trolls need not apply

Comment

bump

Comment

Working...