dr. denied baclofen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dr. denied baclofen

It's been so long, I probably don't even remember. Now that I'm thinking about it, I think I was drinking 1/2 a liter of vodka a day. Since the bottles I would purchase were 1.5 liter bottles and I would buy them in the cases. Each bottle would last me about 3 days, so that makes more sense than 1/4 liter a day. Since a 1.5 liter bottle / 3 = .5 liter a day.

Anyway, thanks for all those who stayed on topic, I appreciate it. I don't like these other posts regarding my past and drinking amounts or whatever.

Comment

dr. denied baclofen

This is what I would get in cases, and each bottle would last me 3 days, since I was drinking every waking minute:

Thanks to all those that want to question my exact drinking amounts and what-not. Thanks for bringing up my old memories.

Comment

dr. denied baclofen

Either way, the point with baclofen is that you're suddenly not interested in booze at all. You don't need to think about reducing your drinking because it stops by itself, almost overnight.
        If you can't find a doctor who will help (& the few doctors I approached were useless pricks) or if it looks too complicated, just do it yourself and order online - I use Goldpharma.com & have no complaints. A few days later an envelope will arrive and you can begin getting your life back. The stupidest thing I ever did (other than becoming an alcoholic) was waiting an entire year, aware of baclofen but not actually doing anything about it. How ironic that doctors are the biggest stumbling block on the road out of this mess!

Good luck!

Comment

dr. denied baclofen

Seethepony;1099248 wrote: Either way, the point with baclofen is that you're suddenly not interested in booze at all. You don't need to think about reducing your drinking because it stops by itself, almost overnight.
          If you can't find a doctor who will help (& the few doctors I approached were useless pricks) or if it looks too complicated, just do it yourself and order online - I use Goldpharma.com & have no complaints. A few days later an envelope will arrive and you can begin getting your life back. The stupidest thing I ever did (other than becoming an alcoholic) was waiting an entire year, aware of baclofen but not actually doing anything about it. How ironic that doctors are the biggest stumbling block on the road out of this mess!

Good luck!
          I'd like to be able to order it online but, in the past (don't want to get into details) have been involved with getting 'not so legal' stuff mailed to me and got in serious trouble so i'm too paranoid to do anything close to it anymore. Somebody in here responded and referred me to a professional in my local area which I will contact next week. So, I think I will be ok there, thank goodness or I had lost all hope from todays visit.

Comment

dr. denied baclofen

I think I'll go ahead and get that vodka bottle tomorrow. I haven't bought it in the last 4 years but, I might as well. According to a couple others posted here, just like my father, I'm not good enough for anything.

Comment

dr. denied baclofen

Hi username,

Don't be put off. It's well worth contacting the doc and trying baclofen. For me, it proved to be effortless reduction in drinking. There's no rationing, no willpower, it just happens. Reducing your intake otherwise is impressive - I too tried that method, but was unable to get it together for any length of time, and was soon back to my 2, 3, 4 or 5 bottles of wine in a night.

As with all forums, you have to pick certain posters to listen to. Choose wisely.

Good luck.

Comment

dr. denied baclofen

Username

I was not questioning your amounts, just working out were you are right now. Sorry you took offence. Amounts, drinks, strengths can vary massively and I was trying to recognise your acheivement, not criticise at all.

I have experience with Baclofen and Doctors, as well as generally trying to cut down drinking and was only wanting to help. I never meant to bring back bad memories at all.

Comment

dr. denied baclofen

username1;1099137 wrote: Does Texas have the law that if you go and speak to a doctor and tell them you're trying to withdraw from alcohol that they are legally required to send you to a hospital or detox for 72 hrs?

It says on this site, How To Taper Off Alcohol
                  "In some states such as Minnesota the doctor is required by law to commit anyone suffering from alcohol withdrawal to an inpatient detox facility for at least 72 hours. "

So, I was concerned if the same is applied in Texas. Since I'd rather try it on my own, I don't want to go through an inpatient detox.
                  There is no such law, my friend.....that is way too progressive of a law for our state. We are only on the cutting edge when it comes to concealed weapons and executions.
                  Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before.
                  - Jacob August Riis

Comment

dr. denied baclofen

PbarE,

:H:H

There is no such law, my friend.....that is way too progressive of a law for our state. We are only on the cutting edge when it comes to concealed weapons and executions.
                    I was going to say the exact same thing about Texas but was afraid it would kick off a stir about that and deflect from username1's issues.

It is great you know of a doctor in Texas. Username1, from another post, if you can actually get the doctor to agree to high dose Baclofen, have him/her give you two scripts so you can go to two different pharmacies. Someone else also suggested only use your insurance on one of the scripts and pay cash for the other (I have done that, told a pharmacy not to use my insurance and paid cash. Baclofen is not very expensive.)

That way you avoid running into the "this is prescribed way over dosage" issue that some pharmacies do. They actually look at maximum dosage.

I know this sounds convoluted but it works. Been there done that.

Good luck with your Baclofen journey. I hope it works for you as it has so many others.

I, too, am using Baclofen. I tried before and had to quit due to a gig I was engaged in where I was working 80+ hours a week. Not only was the somnolence an issue, but just working all those odd hours here and there made a dosing schedule a nightmare.

So, I am early stages again, myself. I titrated up way too fast this week despite constant posts about the pitfalls. After this week working at home, I am being allowed to work remotely from my house for a while as I have been so productive. I can go up at a more sedate pace.

Follow the titration schedule as best you can. You will greatly reduce your SEs and that will ensure you can stick with the program.

Let us know how it goes.

Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

dr. denied baclofen

Oh, btw, while I would love to buy my beloved bottle of vodka, I am able to abstain at 120/140 mgs/day. I hope it stays that way until I hit my switch.
                      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

dr. denied baclofen

Yeah :H:H:H:H

"There is no such law, my friend.....that is way too progressive of a law for our state. We are only on the cutting edge when it comes to concealed weapons and executions."

I live in Oklahoma - we're right there with you. Actually, I think we have the unique distinction of being the "reddest" State!

How far "south" are you? Would you be comfortable pm'ing me your doctor info? I'm about to leave the country for a couple of months and need to find a way to make sure I have enough bac for the trip.
                        "Wherever you are is the entry point." --Kabir

Comment

dr. denied baclofen

Actually, I shouldn't have taken offense, this is an open discussion. I was drinking when I was posting last night, and things like that remind me that I shouldn't be drinking at all, sometimes I just turn into a baby lol I dont know how it happens, things are fine one minute and then all of a sudden it's like a dr. jekyl/hyde type of thing.

Comment

dr. denied baclofen

Dr. to prescribe Baclofen in Dallas

Would someone mind PM'ing me the name of the Dr. in Dallas that will give Baclofen? I would very much like to try it and know that my Dr. most likely will not give me a prescription. Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks,

Tex

Comment

dr. denied baclofen

Hiya, Texie. Seems you have a friend in Wichita who is also looking for a doc in Dallas!
                              I'll try to find out.
                              It's on this thread: (not that it matters, obviously. Just a funny coincidence. )

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...ion-47247.html

Welcome to MWO!

Comment

dr. denied baclofen

DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL WITH AMBIEN........
                                I DID THAT AND DID SOME CRAZY STUFF(I COULD NOT RECALL ANYTHING)

Comment

Working...
                                X