Hello Lo0p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Lo0p

I agree with Cindi that it would be a great benefit if MWO could separate the "meds" section into appropriate forum sections; and being able to post universally important info in "stickies" in each of those forum sections.

Beyond that, I'm with LoOp. A page, somewhere, anywhere, that posts and keeps up with relevant published/projected research and perhaps actual case studies, if we would all sit our sweet a***s down and right them out. LOL

What are you stuck about, exactly, LoOp? The web-host? If you could find one that works, I'd ante-up some bucks to pay for the yearly fee.
    "Wherever you are is the entry point." --Kabir

Comment

Hello Lo0p

It sure would be easier if the Search function Advanced feature would use "all words" instead of using "any of the words." I even tried quoting my string.

I used "hit the switch" and it found posts with "the" in it.

I wonder if we could ping Code Monkey, if he/she is still around and ask for that.

While those who can are searching for a way to create a forum for Baclofen that is useful, at least this change would help those searching for specific data.

I'll pm Code Monkey and the Forum Moderator. I probably won't get an answer but it never hurts to try.

I sure do prefer just a plain old Unix prompt and vi. I can do anything there I want. This GUI world is very limiting.

Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hello Lo0p

With stickies here I imagine we could end up needing a few for baclofen, since there are separate topics that could need summarising, e.g. titration, switch doses, insomnia issues, other side effects, etc. Each person would have to agree to only post direct information and experiences, and not start discussions within the sticky. There would definitely remain a place for discussions and personal blogs outside that, so stickies wouldn't sabotage those interesting aspects of the forum.

It's just a suggestion but it seems to be what newcomers here would benefit most from, instead of having to go through the huge number of threads and posts that now exist here (especially with baclofen). It's probably the only way to keep this information handy for everyone coming here. One sticky only for other medications like naltrexone, Campral, Topamax, and so on could work since far fewer people here would post to those threads and there wouldn't be the same degree of having to document titration doses and SEs.

It would take an eternity for any one member here to go through all the bac posts and summarise or quote them, in fact it would probably be too much even if several people helped out. New posts would seem the best way. Someone could also have to (very politely) ask some people to remove posts that ended up being discussions on other posts, just to make sure each sticky stayed strictly on-topic.

If stickies can't be done here or if no administrators can be contacted then it's all theoretical however! I will try to contact an administrator to ask about this aswell, as it could help if they have several queries about it.

Comment

Hello Lo0p

No tips Otter? Am I just doing something stupid?

I hit publish and view and I'm viewing the brand new page as if I didn't put anything on it...
          :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
          :what?:
          sigpic
          Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
          A Forum
          Trolls need not apply

Comment

Hello Lo0p

Lo0p;1102261 wrote: No tips Otter? Am I just doing something stupid?

I hit publish and view and I'm viewing the brand new page as if I didn't put anything on it...
            Did you refresh your browser? i.e. force reload the page? Just butting in right here...
            -tk
            TerryK celebrates 6 years of sobriety and indifference to alcohol thanks to baclofen

Comment

Hello Lo0p

Ne/Neva Eva;1100412 wrote: Hiya. I needed to get your attention.

If you don't do something about creating a Consolidated Baclofen Thread that we can maintain for it's primary purpose in all it's glistening glory I'm going to start ... annoying you.

And then I'm going to do it myself. So nyah.

Just cut and paste it will you please? Pretty, pretty please?

Thank you my dear friend.
              xo
              Ne
              hmmmmm. hmmmmmmm. Dude. Seriously.

A new thread. consolidated bac information. Add research here.
              If you start it, just start the thread, I'll paste and post the other research and articles.

Please.

While I'm at it. Tip.
              Evey, you too.
              And all the next generation-ers. your words are more powerful than you know.

Please.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...fen-47958.html

Comment

Hello Lo0p

Lo0p;1102261 wrote: No tips Otter? Am I just doing something stupid?

That should work. I cannot see why it would not. You go to the manage pages page and click on edit and then make changes, then Publish. Or you can type publish and continue editing to go back to the page. There are people who work for Webs and I think there is a phone number on their web site. At the end of it the thing to do is everyone put the web address in their signature space. Obvious really. You could just put all your links on your signature to save all this I suppose.

I am no computer expert. I just learned by doing.

Good luck
                BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Hello Lo0p

There is a forum dedicated solely to baclofen here : Home - Baclofen UK

And another one here : Baclofen Forum

Both sites have a lot of this information already, and would greatly benefit from increased traffic...

Comment

Hello Lo0p

You really wanna watch it get destroyed again?
                    sigpic

A Forum
                    Trolls need not apply

Comment

Hello Lo0p

It's a different place here now. And yes. It takes what it takes. We need an updated, cleansed version to take to newcomers.

If it draws drama, we'll build it again.
                      And again.
                      And again.
                      Ad infinitum.
                      Don't you think?

Lo0p, that information was an integral part of why I could, and did, take bac and find indifference. I figured out who the players were and what the stories were, but there are many who will not. Especially after all this time.
                      It gave me life. Do it again.

Please! Must I beg? I'm much, much, much, MUCH better at being very annoying and relentless. Just ask my husband. Or Tip.
                      :l

Comment

Hello Lo0p

Alright. Because I'm lazy and brain dead atm, could someone link me to those 2 studies that terryk got copies of so I can upload them into the original post?

Is there anything else that should go in there?

Links please. :h
                        sigpic

A Forum
                        Trolls need not apply

Comment

Hello Lo0p

Not lazy, not brain dead, but on a deadline. They're in the thread, dude. Near the end.

It should all go in! (Interviews, painful as they are, too. Don't you think?) And the autism studies, which are fascinating.) Can't you add it later?

And thanks. :l:l:l
                          :h

Comment

Hello Lo0p

As you can tell, I'm up to some pretty important things myself...
                            sigpic

A Forum
                            Trolls need not apply

Comment

Hello Lo0p

I'm only chiming in here to comment on Lo0p's new banner... LOL!!! This is the first time I've seen it, so forgive me if I'm late to the party here, but that is fantastic! I only wish I could currently get my cock to... "engorge" :upset:

Comment

Hello Lo0p

Thank you :kudos: Thank you!!

Isolde said it wasn't her "type" of humor... :upset:

I'd only heard that he stepped down and resigned last night, so I'm assuming someone has to fill his shoes.
                                sigpic

A Forum
                                Trolls need not apply

Comment

Working...
                                X