Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HITTING THE SWITCH AND INDIFFERENCE - How Do You Know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does one know when they have really hit the "SWITCH" and reached "Indifference??
    (At what dosage did YOU "switch"?)

How long does one have to stay at that Baclofen dosage after hitting the "switch"?

Can one ultimately go off Baclofen and still maintain/remain in "Moderation" mode?
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    "Alexander The Next" 's Experimental Combo Journey with TSM (Naltrexon) and Baclofen -- Progress Diary
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f20/alexander-next-s-experimental-combo-journey-tsm-naltrexon-baclofen-49307.html

I knew definitively. You know how you might need that drink to feel normal, to make everything calm down inside? It stops. You know longer even have to take that drink, but if you do, everything does not feel the same. It no longer has the power to make you feel "normal". It becomes nothing that important, really. Maybe, a habit for some of us. Maybe not even that. I took a drink on the day I knew I switched. I have had 1 glass of wine since. I am now AF most days. It's not that I avoid wine. I just don't need it anymore. It's that simple.
    This Princess Saved Herself

Comment

Hi Redhead77
      I saw some of your earlier posts about your initial teething pains and SEs but couldn't find what dosage you switched at and after how long?
      ------------------------------------------------------------
      "Alexander The Next" 's Experimental Combo Journey with TSM (Naltrexon) and Baclofen -- Progress Diary
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f20/alexander-next-s-experimental-combo-journey-tsm-naltrexon-baclofen-49307.html

Comment

Switched at 250mg

I was consciously trying to curtail my alcohol intake as I titrated up but drinking everyday nonetheless. I didn't drink for one evening and I can't for the life of me remember why. So I thought I would try to make that 2 evenings. On the 3rd evening I realised I must have hit my switch. I was flabbergasted!

In retrospect I also think a part of my mind was deliberately trying to sabotage bac and to carry on drinking regardless. This is one reason that encouraged me to taper down.

I would suggest staying at that dose until you're comfortable that you now know what its like not to be pulled by every whim of alcohol. I think the more you understand the change in your mind, the paradigm shift, the difference between alcoholic and normal thinking, the more you are aware of what sets you off, the better.

Not a convert to moderation yet.

But being garulous ......
        Started Baclofen 3/9/10 Hit my switch at 250mg on 21/11/10 Present maintenance dose of 50mg : started drinking after 1 year, upped dose to 80mg and stopped: Tapered to 30mg, started 6 months of drinking, upped dose to 240mg to stop 12/7/12

Comment

What Iggy said
          I'll do whatever it takes
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

I switched at 200 mg.
            This Princess Saved Herself

Comment

Alexan,

Having not hit my switch yet, I cannot answer the first question.

As for:

How long does one have to stay at that Baclofen dosage after hitting the "switch"?

Can one ultimately go off Baclofen and still maintain/remain in "Moderation" mode?
              I don't believe anyone knows yet. Hopefully, those ahead of us in this journey will keep us apprised.

Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Morning.
                What Ig and Tip said, for me.

I didn't know. I 'decided' not to drink one night. I'd done that twice before. The first time I wasn't able to be abstinent. The second time I was abstinent for three days, I think, and I was miserable.

On Friday Feb. 4th I decided to try again. No biggie. Then Saturday. Then Sunday. And on and on... It wasn't just easy, it was effortless.

It wasn't a switch for me, I guess.

I got up to 340mg. I reached indifference somewhere above 280mg. No way I could stay up there, so I tapered pretty quickly down to 280mg. When I tapered down too quickly after that (twice) I drank against my will. I'm at 140mg now. Still indifferent. No craving for anything except the usual--nicotine and chocolate.

Comment

Also, there's another thread around here (or two or 12 ) that have other people's posts on them about this. Also:
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...fen-47958.html

Hope it's a good day/evening/night for everyone.
                  hugs.
                  Ne

Comment

I dont know when i hit the switch, somewere between 160 and 300mg.
                    I started to come back down streight away.
                    Now at 80mg
                    I have just been on holiday/vacation and i wanted a drink like every one elso, so i did, just 2/3 pints a day. I used to drink 15 pints a day.
                    Now im back home i still have no desire to drink, so it looks like i can finaly be a moderate drinker?
                    I hope so.

Comment

I reached indifference somewhere before 400mg's. I'm unsure of the exact number, because I went up so quickly that I shot past it. I was halfway through a glass of wine, and just couldn't be bothered to finish it. Unheard of for me. After sitting there stunned for a while, I made a cup of tea. It was a defining moment, but only because I was drinking at the time - if I hadn't been, I doubt I would have been aware of the moment.

As to your other questions - we are all trying to find the answers for that. No luck so far. When I have gone too low, I resumed normal drinking patterns. These disappeared after taking a sensible dose again, although it takes a few days for the effects to be properly felt.

Comment

Think I have hit mine!!

Hi all, I have posted here in the past when I first started my Baclofen ride a couple of years a go. Unfortunatley my Doctor stopped prescribing it to me when he found out what dosage I was on so came of it & of course started drinking again but what was odd was even though I wasnt on the Baclofen my drinking was in moderation, it has taken 2 years to increase to heavy!! I have been back on Baclofen for 2 weeks now, ordered it from In House Pharmacy, apart from the yucky SE I can feel it kicking in, I'm up to 160mg today & finished off a bottle of vodka yesterday & to be honest I wasnt that drunk & this morning no major hangover, I do take Liv 52 as well which may help with the withdrawal but anyway this morning, no cravings what so ever, infact I feel really good. I am going to take it up higher maybe to 250mg just in case.. let's see what happens!!

Comment

Hiya, Jeremy and welcome back!

Sorry about the doctor experience. That's lousy. And the drinking, that goes without saying. I'm glad you're bac on track and posting!

I think it might be a good step to go up a bit higher! A bottle of vodka is not lightweight, even for this hard-core drinker, regardless of the perception of drunkenness and the lack of hangover, you know?

You've found a great resource here, and I look forward to hearing more!
                          Hugs!
                          Ne

Comment

Bac on the Bac

Thanks Ne.. good to be back Well, nearly my 1st day again & glad to say no major withdrawals, as I said I'm also taking Liv 52 which is a great help plus I'm on Hydrogen Peroxide which I take in distilled water & is a great relief for withdrawal as it promotes more oxygen in to the body.. A bit trippy today due to upping the Bac but riding through it & to be honest, prefer this feeling to withdrawal any day!!

Comment

Hey Red -

How long did it take you to hit your "switch" dosage?

Comment

Working...
                              X