Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insomnia on bac

Hi Chi,

As you may know, I spaced my doses very regularly during and after my titration. The most I took was 30mg's. On occasion, I tried taking 40mg's and felt very stoned. Recently, in a nod toward convenience, I tried to shift my doses toward fewer and larger doses. I got up to taking 80mg's at once, without any SE's and was able to get there very quickly. I think it has to do with how used to baclofen your body is. The best bet is to try a larger dose at a time when it doesn't matter if you are suddenly goofed, and see how you cope.

Just a note of caution, that may not necessarily apply to you - I found taking fewer and larger doses to be ineffective for me. Although I was taking the same quantity of baclofen on a daily basis, craving returned using this method. I returned to smaller evenly spaced doses, and was fine again.

Comment

Insomnia on bac

Hello...

I actually got great sleep last night. I took the valerian root and melatonin together again, although I have tried that in the past and the results were not as good. I also worked out for the last two days, so who knows...

Yes Chi, we are in the same boat. We have to find a way to make this work. I think I am taking too much during the day though and that is probably making me feel spaced out at work. I was trying to take as much as I could as far as away from bedtime, trying to take it all 5 or 6 hours or so before going to sleep. As I was taking more Bac, it got harder to do. I am definitely going to reduce how much I take during the day.

I'm usually home by 5. You should do fine if you are able to be home by 3 and only taking 100 or 110. I think if you take a big dose the most that will happen is that you will feel tired. I was actually taking bac induced power crashes (that's the only thing I can think to call them) for a few hours a few times a week. At first, I tried to stay away from taking naps during the week as I thought they may interfere with my sleep at night, but I still slept the same. I usually take doses of 20 mg, but I was taking 40mg or sometimes smaller doses but only a hour apart from each other.

So how do you plan to space out your dose for next week?

Comment

Insomnia on bac

Hello...

I actually got great sleep last night. I took the valerian root and melatonin together again, although I have tried that in the past and the results were not as good. I also worked out for the last two days, so who knows...

Yes Chi, we are in the same boat. I think I am taking too much during the day though and that is probably making me feel spaced out at work. I was trying to take as much as I could as far away from bedtime as possible, trying to take it all 5 or 6 hours or so before going to sleep. As I was taking more Bac, it got harder to do. I am definitely going to reduce how much I take during the day.

So how do you plan to space out your dose for next week?

Comment

Insomnia on bac

That's heartening news about the good nights sleep, girls.

I think you're right that for some people the change that occurs as bac is wearing off could lead to waking up. This coupled with the extra activity caused in the brain can make insomnia a problem. So it would seem logical to let everything settle a bit before you settle down.

Having said that there will always be people who appreciate the knockout punch that bac can give an hour after taking!

Again as bleep said taking smaller evenly spaced doses helped him on a daily basis. I took 4 doses of 60mg at approx.6 hour intervals which worked for me.

Its a cliche, I know but it's not one size fits all.
          Started Baclofen 3/9/10 Hit my switch at 250mg on 21/11/10 Present maintenance dose of 50mg : started drinking after 1 year, upped dose to 80mg and stopped: Tapered to 30mg, started 6 months of drinking, upped dose to 240mg to stop 12/7/12

Comment

Working...
          X