• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music and Bac

Does Bac make you like music?

Music and Bac

Short answer: Yes, we think so.

Personal answer: I used to be a very good musician when I was younger. I was a wiz kid on the guitar. I liked to play Bach and Beethoven for kicks and snippets of Van Halen just to see if I could (didn't really like it much). When I turned sixteen and started losing myself to various mini-addictions I lost ALL of that. For the next 12 or so years the only music I heard was something someone else was playing (aside from Maynard, he played a small part keeping me alive).

When I started becoming myself again (using baclofen) music started sounding soooooo beautiful! I don't know whether to credit the baclofen or my new life.

Here's one I'm some of us can identify with (I certainly used to):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hglVqACd1C8[/video]]YouTube - Tool - Sober [hq - fullscreen] Super high quality version. It might be hard for some connection's computers to play it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqmRDV0a_70[/video]]YouTube - Tool - Sober Smaller version.

Tool: Sober wrote: There's a shadow just behind me,
    shrouding every step I take,
    making every promise empty,
    pointing every finger at me.
    Waiting like a stalking viper
    who upon the finger rests.
    Murder now the path is must we
    just because the son has come.

Jesus, won't you fucking whistle
    something but the past and done? (x2)

Why can't we not be sober?
    I just want to start this over.
    Why can't we dream forever?
    I just want to start things over.

I am just a worthless liar.
    I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you.
    Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you.
    I will chew it up and leave,
    I will work to elevate you
    just enough to bring you down.

Mother Mary won't you whisper
    something but the past and done. (x2)

I Just want to start this over.
    Why can't we sleep forever?
    I Just want to start things over.

I am just a worthless liar.
    I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you.
    Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you.
    I will chew it up and leave.

Trust me. Trust me. Trust me. Trust me. Trust Me.

I Just want to start things over.
    Why can't we sleep forever?
    I Just want to start this over.

I want what I want.
    I want what I want.
    I want what I want.
    I want what I want.
    :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
    :what?:
    sigpic
    Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
    A Forum
    Trolls need not apply

Comment

Music and Bac

bounce;1106208 wrote: Does Bac make you like music?
      [QUOTE=Lo0p;1106227]Short answer: Yes, we think so.

:H:H:H:H:H: u got 2b kidding me

Comment

Music and Bac

Longer answer - I think bac can help you appreciate music more.

Personally, music is a HUGE part of my life. I have a personal soundtrack for my life always playing in my head.

And bac does seem to amplify my appreciation for music. Not only for songs and artists that I already love, but it has also helped to open up my mind to all different types of music. For instance, I've always enjoyed classical and electronic, but I appreciate both of those types of music so much more now.

It's like bac opens up a part of your mind to hear all of these additional layers of depth.. I don't know, that's the best I can describe it. It's pretty damn magical for me! Quite a few other people have mentioned how amazing music sounds on bac, as well. Enjoy it!
        Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
        ~Clutch

Comment

Music and Bac

I only asked because i have just spent 2 hours on utube, This is something i havent done before and the time just flew by without me noticeing.

Comment

Music and Bac

Doesn't help me appreciate it any more, but being sober definitely improves listening and overall enjoyment. I'm also a much better guitar player and musician in general when I'm sober. So, does baclofen make you like music? I don't think so, but being able to appreciate music without being drunk is a huge improvement.

Comment

Music and Bac

Yes listening to Bach has made me appreciate all types of music...........Oh wait you mean the drug..Ha! So sorry ! Ha! Thiers many a music thread hear.....climb aboard, give it a shot ! Tony
              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

Music and Bac

moglor;1106289 wrote: Doesn't help me appreciate it any more, but being sober definitely improves listening and overall enjoyment.
                That sounds about right to me. It's much easier to appreciate good music (movies, painting, writing, sculpting) when you are not nursing a hangover or thinking about where to get the next drink (or fix).

Comment

Music and Bac

moglor1106289 wrote:
                  Doesn't help me appreciate it any more, but being sober definitely improves listening and overall enjoyment.

Winks;1106313 wrote:
                  That sounds about right to me. It's much easier to appreciate good music (movies, painting, writing, sculpting) when you are not nursing a hangover or thinking about where to get the next drink (or fix).
                  I don't know.. personally, I enjoyed the HELL out of music while drinking! After a few drinks, I would fall even more in love with music. Songs I had heard hundreds of times would suddenly blow my mind all over again, or I would hear things in them that I had somehow missed before.

Of course, after a few drinks, things can get muddled!

Obviously music is a very personal experience! And for me, as much as I love being able to be sober on bac, and what it seems to do for me in a musical appreciation sense, it still doesn't make it sound as good as a few drinks did. I'll take the control I have now over that any day though!
                  Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
                  ~Clutch

Comment

Working...
                  X