Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just got my own bac!

RedThread12;1209575 wrote:

My very favoritist is ginger. I'm a ginger-lover, anyway, but it works great in kombucha and probably adds to the digestive support it's already providing. I also like the commercial "Guava Goddess," so I'll experiment with that when my life if predictable enough to get back in the process. In which case, I may be contacting you, Is, to see if you have any spare mothers. I wound up with more than I could use. I hope you do, too.
    Yes, my favorite flavor is Gingerberry. I read online about someone adding 1/2 tsp. of ground crystallized ginger to each pint of kombucha when they bottle it, before the 2nd fermentation. So you get the good ginger flavor, and the sugar from the crystallization feeds the kombucha some more and you get MORE FIZZ!

I've already got one spare baby scoby so far, and I am sure more will end up in the scoby hotel with each batch!
    Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
    ~Clutch

Comment

just got my own bac!

Thanks for the heads up, Is. I didn't know RATM split up, I had no idea what happened to them. When I went on their website it looked like they were still touring. Is this because they're touring as Audioslave now? I did listen to the song you provided me. I can hear a lot of RATM in there. And the lyrics are rather tortured, which I always like.

Regarding the pot, I don't have the same issues you ladies have when I smoke it. You know the ones that keep you tossing and turning in a different way. But, I could never sleep when I'd smoke. It does something to me, I want to organize and clean everything. I'm quite content doing it. Organizing and cleaning was never so much fun. I would smoke more often, but I could get drug tested at any moment. I keep it to the rare occasion, so it can't accumulate in my fat cells. :H My brother (Bud Bud) lives in MI (my home state) and there you can get a card to buy medical grade weed if you qualify. He hasn't gotten the card (even though he'd qualify from being in a few accidents and having chronic bone and muscle pain) but his neighbor is a distributor. Which would make you laugh because what these people have to do to 'distribute' isn't much. It often turns into something else entirely. He does buy from the neighbor, this is his source and he says he wouldn't get anything else now. I tend to agree. I tried it with him in August. He sent me home with a little and I still haven't smoked it. I'm worried it's getting stale. :H

Ru, I hope you had a good day at work. I tend to agree that we are all living without a 'village'. The nuclear family thing kind of wrecked the village. And you and I don't even live in a nuclear family, so this makes it even harder. I think some of the disconnect on MWO has to do with recovery. Or in some peoples' cases not even trying to recover. Recovery is a difficult process for many. Even when we discover sobriety in whatever form, there is still much work and growing to do. Substance abuse halts personal growth in many ways. One might find themselves living the life of a sober adult and needing to deal with it as such, but not knowing the tools that everyone else has to do it. It's yet another learning curve...

RedT, I meant to ask you when I read on the other thread that you give Ritalin to you mother, is it helping her? I know that with certain brain disorders, Ritalin can help with cognition. I can't remember what her disorder is (I know it's rare, and I looked it up when you named it) but I have lots on my mind, too.

I'd like to try kombucha, but where do I get it? I looked at a few stores and I can't find it. What section would it be in? Is it made from mold? I have to be careful of fermented things, I'm allergic to mold too. I'm actually taking a new supplement to help with all my food allergies, and this is why I believe I've been so fatigued. It causes a healing crisis in many. It heals the gut and may help leaky gut, which is what I need. So, hopefully a few more days of feeling fatigued and I'll be back on track.

Alright, off to cook dinner and do all my nightly chores. I'll do them tonight with a smile.
      This Princess Saved Herself

Comment

just got my own bac!

hey red, glad you're smiling.

you can get kombucha in any good health food store, and in better food stores you'll find it in what might be called a 'special drinks' section, like with fancy, natural sodas and such. in ny, many food stores have it, but ny tends to be avant garde. dunno about other states. hf store prob your best bet. it's not moldy, but it is fermented, and i don't know how that will interact w your health issues. can you have yogurt and miso? if so, i'm sure kombucha is fine. great luck w your guts!!!

hi everybody! bye everybody!

xo ru

Comment

just got my own bac!

Hey Rud,

Are you drinking it yet? (the moldy stuff in Bruun's picture?)
          Computer got a virus and didn't want to spread it; I think I was sending Brenda a PM when it happened.......................LOL
          Kidding.

I gotta read still. Just got my computer back!

Love ya Rud!

LL:l
          The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.

*Don't look where you fall, look why you slipped*

Comment

just got my own bac!

heya lushie! i always feel a little purr in my heart when i hear from you. thanks for checking in. sorry about your computer. grr. not drinking the moldy stuff yet, but i just sniffed it, and it's getting there...!

i'm really going to go to bed now...

come back soon!

Comment

just got my own bac!

Thanks,
              I hope you know I mean that.

The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.

Comment

just got my own bac!

redhead77;1209681 wrote:
                Regarding the pot, I don't have the same issues you ladies have when I smoke it. You know the ones that keep you tossing and turning in a different way. But, I could never sleep when I'd smoke. It does something to me, I want to organize and clean everything. I'm quite content doing it. Organizing and cleaning was never so much fun.

I get the same way! It makes me really enjoy cleaning. I hadn't ever heard that before, but then it happened to me and when I mentioned it to a friend of mine, he said that people often smoke when they have something mundane to do or something that they need to focus on. Maybe I need to get some new/better/stronger stuff, I've been putting off cleaning the house lately.

redhead77;1209681 wrote:

Alright, off to cook dinner and do all my nightly chores. I'll do them tonight with a smile.
                Enjoy! Hope it's not stale. :H
                Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
                ~Clutch

Comment

just got my own bac!

Post deleted. Sorry Rudy, I missed your response. I've never heard anyone address you as Rud before. I thought it was a mistake.

Edit Again: The fact that I missed it, likely has to do with the fact that I decided to drink last night, and it wasn't moderately. I am even more troubled about why. Why when I was doing so well...Anyway, I apologize again. I'm deeply sorry.

Comment

just got my own bac!

Isolde;1209796 wrote: I get the same way! It makes me really enjoy cleaning. I hadn't ever heard that before, but then it happened to me and when I mentioned it to a friend of mine, he said that people often smoke when they have something mundane to do or something that they need to focus on. Maybe I need to get some new/better/stronger stuff, I've been putting off cleaning the house lately.

Enjoy! Hope it's not stale. :H
                    Me too, Is. I really need to tackle the basement, and I have a good idea of how I can make it enjoyable.

Comment

just got my own bac!

What is kombucha?

Comment

just got my own bac!

It's a fad. Americans love fads.
                        "My fault, my failure, is not in the passions I have, but in my lack of control of them." Jack Kerouac

Comment

just got my own bac!

heehee

Comment

just got my own bac!

Rudy,

Must have been typing fast. I have a male friend here (Rudy) we all call Rud. Sorry about that. I was drifting.
                            And when I said I meant it, I meant the 'love ya' part.

Geez, come on now what did I miss?

Anyway, all is well. Glad you are still here Red!

Comment

just got my own bac!

yo babycakes (do you mind if i call you that, lushie?), no worries here! i figured it was a typo or a new nickname. just don't call me a bitch or late for dinner, and i'll be clam-jam-jiffy. that reminds me though, i think it was murphy who once upon a time, maybe around feb or march, asked me how i got a dude's name. funny, to me rudy has never been a dude's name. it's what my dad called me, as it's very similar to my own given name. (guess what that is?! ) and the rudy in that waylon jennings song - no it's kenny rogers- is decidedly female. (oopsie, it's 'ruby' not 'rudy'. strikin' out here.) i grew up listening to it and it gives me warm furry feelings still (though i just heard it for the first time in over a decade). anyway, rudy's always been my name -and now ruby is, too- and i am a chick! peep peep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik5_5l0rOCk[/video]]Ruby Don't Take Your Love To Town-Kenny Rogers & The First Edition-1969- Alternate Take - YouTube

lush, i knew what you meant about what you meant, too. right back atcha.

bebe, you can listen to belinda, i mean brenda, or you can read the enthusiasm that seeps through these posts, and see that kombucha is no fad; kombucha is God. and i will get that brenda to suck from its teat one day.

sweet jeesus-y dreams all.

xo rue-less ru roo

Comment

just got my own bac!

LOL,

Thanks. Rud was a nickname I guess I never realized I didn't use before. My man friend is Rudolph.
                                Lush, lushious, lushy, tramp, wino, hey you, ghetto girl, I'll answer.

Brenda said it is an american fad...LOL "Kombucha" started in the 1900's from Russia my worldly friend.

It's nice weather here in Texas. Cold at night and up tp 60 in the day. Wonderful!

Gonna get to bed early. Good night my friends! Sober Friday tomorrow or already for some!

Comment

Working...
                                X