just got my own bac!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just got my own bac!

Happy Birthday, Rudy! I really like the Everlast song "What Its Like". Nice find. Have a wonderful birthday filled with joy, hope, and love! :l
    This Princess Saved Herself

Comment

just got my own bac!

Happy Birthday my friend!

What a wonderful day it is going to be for you!:bday1:

Love you!
      LL:l
      The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.

*Don't look where you fall, look why you slipped*

Comment

just got my own bac!

RudyB;1224192 wrote:
        first off, bruun, i love that you stole her hair. i'd do something like that, and i can just picture our similar impish shrugs when she discovered our deed. secondly, what the heck is the name of the jason vale book? i have only found on him something about the magic of juicing.
        Jason Vale book is Quit the Drink Easily. http://www.amazon.com/Kick-Drink-Eas...3712336&sr=8-2

I LOVED Saving Grace. The show got pulled suddenly due to ratings - somehow!!?? The last episode was so poorly done that I felt the writers were pissed off and just said FUCK YOU and wrote bullshit.

I'm watching that Everlast link right now on my other computer. Ahhh, wish it was still on the air. Saving Grace is the reason I own two Everlast albums.

Comment

just got my own bac!

Hey Redhead, do you still check your emails? Just askin'.
          "My fault, my failure, is not in the passions I have, but in my lack of control of them." Jack Kerouac

Comment

just got my own bac!

cool, everybody, thanks for the birthday wishes.

glad i finally posted some music people could relate to! wow, the voice of that dude in everlast is sublime.

i have just enough time before i get my son to tell you that my 40th birthday was quite an event, and oh-so-different from the one i am celebrating today (42!). i had a party at my only-ever drinking buddy's house. someone gave me a liter of gray goose vodka (which lasted less than an hour; i shared), along with a shaker for mixing intoxicating potions. just yesterday, when cleaning out the cupboards, i finally got rid of it, realizing it had no place in the prime real estate of my kitchen. just yesterday, i found my favorite cd's, and my newish car has a cd player, so i listened to brian goss (a local musician). he has an excellent tune called 'the trainwreck in your eyes' (i'd post it, but the youtube version is live and awful). after the opening verse, my son said: 'it's a good song'.

goss's (upright!) bassist was present at that historic party, along w the front man from donna and the buffalo.
            they played excellent, foot-stomping music with their three pieces and voices right in the living room, while i made antics about my lack of sex life with a two-foot long pepperoni. it was fun, and i wasn't that drunk! (but the ex showed up at the door around 1 am to see when i'd be home for our son, so he could go sleep in his dojo with his girlfriend. on my 40th birthday!)

this evening, my gal-next-door is coming over to cook dinner for my son and me. there will be no grey goose.

that goose hangs high!
            xo rudy

Comment

just got my own bac!

Ahh, happy day to you Rudy, sounds like a nice plan.

Comment

just got my own bac!

(ftr, the sex antics were fully-clothed and didn't last long.)

on my way to get my son earlier, i played a cd that was in the first sleeve of my collection book. it's a birthday mix for me, made for one of my mid-30's birthdays by a gal who had once been my roommate. she used to make her own blown-glass beaded jewelery in my workshop, and she was quite a dancer. now she can barely walk and talk, due to a horrible ice-storm car accident in which she sustained a major brain injury. whenever i see her around, though, she is always smiling. surely she knows the meaning of this song that she put on the disk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWEpGZfQ0QI[/video]]

it's ani difranco's 'buildings and bridges:

Buildings and bridges
                Are made to bend in the wind
                To withstand the world,
                That's what it takes
                All that steel and stone
                Is no match for the air, my friend
                What doesn't bend breaks
                What doesn't bend breaks

We are made to bleed
                And scab and heal and bleed again
                And turn every scar into a joke
                We are made to fight
                And fuck and talk and fight again
                And sit around and laugh until we choke
                Sit around and laugh until we choke

I don't know who you were expecting
                Probably some bitch who does not budge
                With eyes the size of snow
                I may get pissed off sometimes
                But you seem like the type to hold a grudge
                And in the end, I just let go...

Buildings and bridges
                Are made to bend in the wind
                To withstand the world,
                That's what it takes
                All that steel and stone
                Is no match for the air, my friend
                What doesn't bend breaks
                What doesn't bend breaks

i'd say it's a pretty perfect song to mark the beginning of a new age for me. i shall be resilient, and i'll cooperate with the wind.

'night, all.
                xo rudy

Comment

just got my own bac!

Happy B-day Rudy.

Since it's your special day I won't make any mean remarks about Everlast
                  Knowledge of what is possible is the beginning of happiness.
                  George Santayana

Comment

just got my own bac!

ok, but tomorrow, give me the dirt! (i can take it, it's a new love and easily side-swiped.)

Comment

just got my own bac!

Happy Birthday Rudy!!!!!

Comment

just got my own bac!

So sad about your friend. Life can be so difficult.

Comment

just got my own bac!

Awe, Reggie, thanks. :l

Comment

just got my own bac!

hey everybody~! thanks for the song, reggie. i will let you know once i listen to it, but now i only have a second...

i just had another good run in the sun, and it might even be in the forties! super nice to do that again. here's a song that kept me going (i've posted it before):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqKMCGPvZ08[/video]] una pagina doblada, by orishas

god, those guys put together a nice assemblage of sounds!

at the start of my run, i kept having to stop and adjust my laces. these are new sneakers, but they are far from perfect, like the ones that i wore yesterday to school. those are 15 yrs old, but i still wear them because they fit like a glove (too squished out to run in, though). something kinda cool happened: yesterday a boy i've been having a devil of a time with in class commented that they looked like great shoes. i told him i was very impressed by his good eye, that he could see their greatness through their drab color and layers of scuffs. we had been having a magnificiently harmonious period together, and that moment was icing on the cake.

ok, i'm off to a playdate with the woman with the mirror life (living w her ex), and her son who is my son's twin. fun stuff!

happy saturday, comadres y -padres! !~tienen pompis muy bellos~! you have beautiful behinds!

xo rudy

Comment

just got my own bac!

oh, i meant to ask, sabby, do you have a favorite running sneaker? i like them w kinda knobby treads so they can take trails, and i have long toes and a high arch. adidas have always worked best for me. and do you have that lacesneedtobejustso thing, too? drives me nuts!

does anyone else out there find that you stink more from drinking vinegar in your water?

Comment

just got my own bac!

Hi Ru, you've been doing ACV in your water, eh? You might try lemon instead for a while. I wonder if its the ACV getting rid of toxins? Something to ponder and research maybe...

A quick googling showed this link which suggests ACV cures body odor, are you taking Braggs or another type with a mother? You can try adding baking soda to your vinegar drink. GSE worked for one person on this link. Cure Body Odor

1. Deodorant replacement.
                                Dabbing apple cider vinegar under your arms after you shower may inhibit odor-causing bacteria on your skin, according to the book Natural Healing with Cider Vinegar (Sterling Publishing, 1998).

A sudden, lasting increase in sweating or body odor may indicate a medical problem. See your doctor if you experience such a change.

Read more: How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Body Odor | eHow.com How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Body Odor | eHow.com

Comment

Working...
                                X