just got my own bac!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just got my own bac!

Ruby is such a sad desperate song about a guy who came back from Vietnam as a paraplegic...and his wife went "to town" for her kicks as he watched from his wheelchair. Brings tears to my eyes for many reasons...the tragedy of that war hasn't ended yet.

good night all, let's count our blessings and keep those less fortunate in our hearts.

Comment

just got my own bac!

LadyLush;1210313 wrote:

Lush, lushious, lushy, tramp, wino, hey you, ghetto girl, I'll answer.
      No way! My nickname back when I was a young teenager was Ghetto Girl!

LadyLush;1210313 wrote:

It's nice weather here in Texas. Cold at night and up tp 60 in the day. Wonderful!
      That sounds absolutely fantastic. We've got low 80s during the day and low to mid 70s at night. Not much fluctuation and too humid. We're being blessed with a "cool" front tomorrow, which will put our high in only the upper 70s, woo hoo! Actually, mid to upper 70s during the day is pretty darn pleasant here, I'll take it!
      Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
      ~Clutch

Comment

just got my own bac!

they called me lola granola (one of the rednecks on the bus did, anyway, but i think he had a crush on me, and that was his sophisticated way of expressing it).

mom, clearly i never did listen very deeply to that song, as they lyrics only told me the guy was very sad that his woman was wayward. (or do you have to read the liner notes to get that far?) it makes my throat close when i think of the trajedies governments make in the name of whatever they invent to justify their absurd motivations. the other day at the mall i saw a man with a missing leg, waiting his turn for a haircut. i wanted to hug him and tell him i am sorry about what our government did to him, but instead i half-smiled and looked away in shame. that man looked sad.

g just woke. i'd better boogie.

xo ruby

Comment

just got my own bac!

Yes, Rudy, government is a cumbersome, very imperfect machine, but ours is one of the better ones, imho. (There are some good leaders there, but each has but one vote, unfortunately.) I urge you not to make the assumption that the man lost his leg because of the gov. Who knows, he could have been run over by a guy in a car, both vying for some treats from a wayward Ruby.

And yes, Rudy, the whole message is in the lyrics of that song, one of the saddest from that era. During the height of the war I was in love/newly married to your dad, and not having yet developed my own selfness, I absorbed your dad's attitude toward that war. He was fresh out of the Navy, so you know what his attitude was. Over the years, I woke up to my own self and now understand what buckets and buckets of tears have been needlessly shed because of all wars, not to mention lives lost, money misused, etc.

Bac works; and love (to me that means understanding, forgiveness, compassion, and a few other qualities--maybe patience--with self and others), not war, wins. Yahoo!

Enjoy this day, everyone. Thank you again for being with my jewel Ruby/Rudy on the bac path.

Comment

just got my own bac!

RudyB;1210304 wrote:

bebe, you can listen to belinda, i mean brenda, or you can read the enthusiasm that seeps through these posts, and see that kombucha is no fad; kombucha is God. and i will get that brenda to suck from its teat one day.
            I have nothing to add and no reply to make. I just wanted to quote this passage 'cos I liked it.
            "My fault, my failure, is not in the passions I have, but in my lack of control of them." Jack Kerouac

Comment

just got my own bac!

thanks gals, i sure do like the attention!

mom, i only gave that song a close listen when i was a girl (it was cursory the other day when i posted it), and i'm glad i missed the gist of it then; there are many horrors to which a child should not be privy!

i assumed that haircut man lost his leg in a war, perhaps for the sake of telling myself -and then you all- a sad story. it's true, though, that it could've, in fact, been ruby's fault. but it's not as poignant that way, and something in his demeanor told me that it was the government's doing.

i go sleep soon. hap' sat' all!
              xo rube

Comment

just got my own bac!

I think I cant remember having nicknames too, pisshead, tramp, slag, are a few that come to mind, oh those days of warm jovial bonhomie
                Brenda let me know how the teat thing goes for you
                Does this not sleeping ever stop, Im only on 10mg a day and had 3 hours sleep and now awake again?
                Hope you all enjoy your weekend

Comment

just got my own bac!

I think I remember having nicknames too, pisshead, tramp, slag, oh those days of warm jovial bonhomie.
                  Brenda let me know how the teat thing goes for you
                  Does this not sleeping ever stop, Im only taking 10mg bac for gods sake and slept 3 hours then awake and cant get back to sleep.
                  Hope everyone has a great weekend

Comment

just got my own bac!

reggie, your timing really is impeccable this time around. thanks for the cool tunes. the mahogany project reminds me of how much you can do with a voice and one instrument; makes me need to pick up my cello again. and ghostpoet is sweet! i started getting impatient twd the end of the intro, then that boquet of feminine vocals swept in and carried the song beautifully. both videos reminded me of my early days in nyc (early 90's) when i was discovering pan-africanism big time,which is especially amazing to do when coming from vermont, a state where everyone is white. i remember hearing black people in the corner bodega in my lower east side neighborhood speaking spanish: what is this?! i had only known spanish speakers who looked a certain way; i had not yet met los caribeNos. and then that black, dredlocked englishman at the hip downtown club, who was, fortunately, just a little too creepy to entertain with a flirt. in these kinds of encounters, my perspective on the universe exploded, and continued to expand in the decade that followed, as i discovered the whole wide world around me, right in that little spot on the globe.

that reminds me of a film, raising victor varga, about a puerto rican boy coming of age in loisaida (the lower east side), and his friendship with a beautiful neighborhood girl who needed some insulation from the horn-dog older teenage boys that lurked around her. the film is funny and revealing and heartfelt, and the painful parts are delivered with that caribbean latino way of respectfully poking fun at our trajedies.

anyway, reggie, your timing is impeccable because i was just thinking i needed not to come back to mwo for a while (which for me ends up being like a day and a half). it's not feeling right here sometimes, which makes me not wanna
                    share, makes me want instead just to go to my room and close the door. but you're an angel and an imp, and your timely appearance was just the little tug my fingers needed to get themselves moving again, now with my heart's permission. so thanks, buddy. and here's one for you, from my early days in new york city:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y74IBgLQF4Q[/video]]Digable Planets - Pacifics - YouTube

dream time's extended, and highly recommended

Comment

just got my own bac!

ok, and so i'm motivating for a run, and here's another one. man, these guys were cool! they had such a clean hip hop sound, and look at those instruments!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM4kqL13jGM[/video]]Digable Planets - Rebirth Of Slick (Cool Like Dat) - YouTube

we be to rap like key be to lock.

Comment

just got my own bac!

...reg, i hope you know that, for me, imp is a high compliment.

Comment

just got my own bac!

RudyB;1211318 wrote: ok, and so i'm motivating for a run, and here's another one. man, these guys were cool! they had such a clean hip hop sound, and look at those instruments!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM4kqL13jGM[/video]]Digable Planets - Rebirth Of Slick (Cool Like Dat) - YouTube

we be to rap like key be to lock.
                          I remember this song!!

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
                          ~Clutch

Comment

just got my own bac!

sjm;1210526 wrote:

Bac works; and love (to me that means understanding, forgiveness, compassion, and a few other qualities--maybe patience--with self and others), not war, wins. Yahoo!

Enjoy this day, everyone. Thank you again for being with my jewel Ruby/Rudy on the bac path.
                            sjm, you are awesome. :l
                            Ru, you're very lucky to have such an amazing mom!

~Clutch

Comment

just got my own bac!

for a couple of days i have been having pain in the right side of my jaw, where the mandibles meet under the ear (the tmj), and as of today i'm having a sore, swollen feeling around the base of my ear. i read the symptoms for tmj, and this sounds like it. i don't grind my teeth or have an injury or crooked jaw, so i'm hoping this is one of the many cases that just goes away on its own. (funny, one of the treatments can be muscle relaxant.) i remember lots of talk of teeth grinding over on pete's thread, along with some excellent graphics, but i don't remember specific mention of tmj or of the kinds of symptoms i'm having. have any of you had this jaw-ear thing before? i can handle it now, but if it goes on or gets worse, it'll be prrritty annoying...

good vibes for the temporalmandibular joint, please! !~muy agrecida~!

Comment

just got my own bac!

...hey yeah, isolde, good vibes from my mom, huh?! she's pretty great, through and through, and i know i lucked out! it's so nice to be able to share her with all of you.

now, i'm finally off for my run, after doing heaps of daily maintenance that i stored up special for today (oh god it just never ends!). i'm wondering if i should wrap a scarf around my jaw. maybe that fleecy thing i wear around my neck for snowboarding; it's only 45 ish degrees here. i'll rub on some lavendar for good measure.

the sun is high, and the music will be just right... on your marks, get set, go!

Comment

Working...
                                X