Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The truth shall set you free(but first it shall piss you off)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was surfing the threads listening to the various points of view and someone said something interesting. Every few weeks we have a congratulations post 1 year AF in the GD section.People make an effort to say congrats except for otter/tracyA/Bleep/Redhead/Murph/Ne ev/longshot// Ig/ladylush and a lot of others.No once have I seen you come out to play and reach out in another section of this forum(except for Brunn and cinders)
    Yet the same doesnt apply in reverse. Not one of you would reach the switch without congrats coming in from all fronts.

3 explanations.
    1 self obsessed

2 Baclofen is so. OMG SO LIKE THE CURE!!!!!.......... everything is else is boring.

3You come from a cultural background where ..... how shall we say... manners are an optional extra...please discuss.
    I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

....and the Americans in particular are seriously getting on my nerves.(except Dg). 300posts(but we are allowed, all the cultural references are very one sided)In some ways I love you because you are the biggest " can do" nation in the world. If you had been waiting for the Irish to invent MWO .... well you would have been waiting a long time and ditto the british..stiff upper lipp and all that...but no one else is allowed a personality here. Its the same 4 women every time(not Brunn or cinders). Like I have a Problem re my genetic test results but the whole meds section is dominated by American people .and you dont understand us.. and Im tired and lonely and worried and stressed. Please anyone from Europe/Oz/ Middle East on Mwo? I am so tired of the jerry springer/oprah/ judge judy mentality. There are other continents and other people have feelings too.
    I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

Comment

Well Coalfire, all I can offer you is a Canadian cyber hug

I've only recently jumped over to the meds boards because I'm trying TSM. I hang out in subs.

Sorry to hear you are feeling down tonight.

(((HUGS)))

Katie
      Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
      April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
      wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
      wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
      wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
      wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
      wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
      wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
      http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

Thanks for answering me katiesmiles. I know I am going to be torn to shreds for this but I am feeling more and more alienated. Take Loop for example. His Mum came on and I am sooo jealous. I come from an an Irish community more akin to the Amish.. Maybe thats whats pissing me off. I should dedicate a post to those members who are so far underground that they can ONLY talk here and I mean only. The catholic religious bible belt..when I read posts saying my OH/church/sister etc said this about my addiction..hair pull.. My goldlfish said..Because they are they the only people we can talk to.

Comment

4) I hang out in the Meds and have not ventured out much.

Not to start shredding but I wouldn't go over to the other sections to tell them what they are doing wrong even if I held an opinion.

Might be able to get behind you on the Yankie thing though. Ha!

As a group alcoholics do seem to have this urge to fix things according to their own point of view.
          Started Baclofen 3/9/10 Hit my switch at 250mg on 21/11/10 Present maintenance dose of 50mg : started drinking after 1 year, upped dose to 80mg and stopped: Tapered to 30mg, started 6 months of drinking, upped dose to 240mg to stop 12/7/12

Comment

Okay let me try to understand what you are saying. You are saying you have absolutely no one to talk to about your struggle with alcohol in your Irish community, the only place you have is here or other related forums and that it upsets you when other people here get support from friends, family, church etc. and you don't have any.
            Is this what you are trying to say?

Comment

..and whats really eating me. I tested GG positive which means TSM would really work for me which means I have to drink to prove that and I am 100 days AF and I never wanted to drink again biut my genetic test results are whispering sinclair sinclair sinclair and I have ordered Naltrexone and its going to happen which means Dgs signature about some endless obsesssion about alkies who can never give up the idea that they can never drink normally again applies to me which means my so called recovery is a pile of sh**e...which means every post I made was deluded in 2011 and I didnt think it was.and I wish I hadnt taken the test now and I want to throw myself in the river. I AM SO SICK OF ME!!!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=KatieSmiles;1107432. You are saying you have absolutely no one to talk to about your struggle with alcohol in your Irish community, the only place you have is here or other related forums and that it upsets you when other people here get support from friends, family, church etc. and you don't have any.
                Is this what you are trying to say?

Yes. I am not so nasty that I am not glad for people who do..but This conversation isnt acceptable in irish media etc and the pressure is sending me off the rails. My family are highly religious and tee total. My mother is a hospital matron for a religious group. I want to s-c-r -e a-m and do drugs(and I dont do drugs) I have a head of steam I have got to get rid off but really I dont want alcohol any more.Does that make any sense? Maybe Greg had the right idea about cannabis and Ig did non al stuff too. I am so f***ing middle class I dont know any cannabis dealers.I have seriously got to find one. I actually dont want to drink..thats the weird thing. Just restless and angry and sick of ..something. Lion in a cage feeling.

Comment

Coalfire, you are being very hard on yourself.
                  Addiction is tricky, finding the road to recovery is not easy and we all need to find our own way. It's an individual journey. I have Irish blood as well, I have a great number of alcohilic relatives on my fathers side. Maybe taking the test was the best thing you ever did. Maybe this will give you the key to finally release you from the grips of addiction. You have 100 days under your belt, this is fantastic. Try to have many AF days on TSM. Believe in yourself coalfire and keep forging ahead.

Comment

Oh dear coalfire, I doubt that using cannabis will help you. If you don't want alcohol in your life you will find a way. You are definitly having a struggle, this will pass. Perhaps once this passes you will be able to continue on with those AF days.

Comment

What?

Comment

I am sorry.( not half as sorry as I am going to be when the Americans waken up and read this post) Its just...let me give you an example. If you live with someone in my community pre marriage you are a slut. We have lived in the same land since 1645 ..there has never been a divorce never in my family. When I read about you all tootling off to AA..well you might as well be tootling off to planet Mars.. I live in a remote island west off Ireland. Emily made a post "the word"....Its just Hi my name is coalfire and I am an alcoholic might work in america..you dont understand there is no such thing as a female alcoholic where I live.

Comment

just ignore me. Im in stinking rotten form.. Dont reply. Pretty much this thread is indefensible. Its the genetic test results that have thrown me(to justify tsm). I smell a relapse but wouldnt it be good if it was someone elses fault?. Sorry. I am under a lot of pressure and have worked too many hours. Sorry. If I could delete the thread I would. Just venting.(sorry to the Americans. You are a nation of high expressed emotion which is probably good and healthy if slightly disconcerting and it isnt your fault if everyone else isnt..we probably need to work on it. Sorry again.

Comment

Wow coalfire, that's unreal. I feel for you hon. Never mind the Americans, once reading this hopefully they will have a bit of a clue and not take it personally.

It always astounds me when communities like yours have so much suppression. With TV and the internet it must be very frustrating living in those conditions when the whole world is doing something else.

Comment

You can delete it, i think from the edit button

Comment

Working...
                              X