Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The truth shall set you free(but first it shall piss you off)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OH wait, I see where at the top of the thread there's a toolbar that says thread tools, you can delete it there
    Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
    April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
    wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
    wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
    wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
    wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
    wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
    wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
    http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

I used to hang out in GD. I tried to chime in and support people there and had a thread that I kept up about my own journey, which included my experience with baclofen. The only person who commented on that thread was Sunnvalenting - someone from the meds thread. I got a lot more support in Meds. The talk here is relevant to what I'm going through. When I hit the switch, no one from GD congratulated me. And I didn't even notice until I read your post, actually. Doesn't bother me at all.

I don't know.. I just don't see anything wrong with hanging out in a section of a forum that you like.. ?

As far as other continents, Ig is in Asia somewhere, Bleep is in South Africa, Murph, Lowcountryman and Seethepony are in Europe and Lo0p's from another planet entirely. Seems pretty diverse to me.
      I don't know, but I feel like I don't understand what you're getting at CF? I'm sorry that you are tired, worried and stressed. But on the bright side, you are an absolutely kickass limerick writer!!
      I don't know what more I have to offer. Just read the last few replies that came in while I was writing this. I think we all feel misunderstood sometimes. I might be a sucky American, but I'm also a female who had a problem with AL and I've got something to offer you - :l.
      Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
      ~Clutch

Comment

Aw to hell with it. I wont delete. Just go missing until they forget about me or someone else annoys them more. Thanks ks. You have helped me more than you know. I think what you witnessed there was the adult equivalent of a 2 year old tantrum. Strangely enough Im ok now. I owe you one. If you ever have a f **88&%4892? moment you know where I am. Better go back to work.
        I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

Dont mind me Isolde.
          I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

Comment

coalfire

Comment

I want to close this thread now,. Anyway just to prove I havent lost my sense of humour I will finish with the song that is predicted to reach no 1 in the Irish charts next week. Its a social satire skit based on the the two sections of Dublin. Those who have money and those who havent. The title?? I kid you not... Everybodys drinking.:H:H:H http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZJwC_vp-_Q[/video]]YouTube - Everybody's Drinkin' by Damo & Ivor (Official Video)

Comment

:H:H:H

Oh sorry Zenners, we cross posted. Laughing at cf's song. And I won't be clicking on Johnny, not a fan in any way shape or form

Comment

CS04;1107444 wrote: What?
                  Its just me wafffling mid work shift.I am tired/angry/confused. Do Not take the genetic test if you are already AF. It melts your head.

Comment

Love the song Zen and I totally get your point about the grass being greener on the other side (of the atlantic). The weird thing is I dont have a single alcohol craving. More of a hall full of glass and a baseball bat craving...I dont really want to drink, I just want to?? WHAT? Maybe its just too much H A L T. Got to do some work. Stupid paperwork.

Comment

....and I wiill answer. Im a self indulgent little cow tonight arent I ? :thanks: ok gotta log off and do some work or I will have more than alkie land to worry about.

Comment

KatieSmiles;1107443 wrote: I doubt that using cannabis will help you.
                        You know what? Right now I would like to test the validity of that statement myself...if only to join the wise old owls who say cannabis doesnt work.

They told me New york was the best city in the western world (which it is) but nothing would keep me happy until I got on a plane and tried it out. Why is cannibas bad? And please no blah about cross addiction and being high on fresh air etc. This is real life not a Nancy Reagan commercial.

Comment

Well, I live in the cannabis capital of Canada and have had my fair share of dabbling. I have never had cravings for pot. I can take it or leave it. I have plenty of pothead friends, even in their 50's and 60's they still smoke frequently throughout the day. They are addicted to it, it's their drug of choice...booze is mine.

I have done what you are considering time and time again.... AF for a while, cravings like mad, needing a fix, ....tried to use pot as a substitute in hopes of keeping me AF... but, the feeling from smoking pot, or eating pot cookies wasn't what I wanted, it didn't give me the 'fix' I was looking for.... so I always ended up going back to my beloved booze.

The choice is yours, but I doubt it will help

I've been to NY too! Amazing!

Comment

Hi Coalfire,

I very seldom read the other sections of MWO. I log straight into the meds section, and don't even see the other sections of the forum. Possibly this isn't the way to do it, but I feel comfortable here, and would find it hard not to post about baclofen if I ventured out. I don't want to be seen as forcing my opinion down people's throats.

I too am in a community that is pretty small. So much so that everyone knew I was an alcoholic long before I did. I also don't give a shit what people say about me, so if I wanted to go to AA, I would, and let people gossip. Conversely, that allowed me to drink a lot longer than I should have, because I didn't listen to anyone!

It can be quite a liberating way to live. It can also be difficult though, so give it some thought. It's not your fault you have this disease. There are probably a few people like you in your community, all desperately trying to hide their problem.

As to your dilemma regarding TSM - that is indeed a very rough situation. I would say if you are happy being AF, which you seemed to be before this test, and aren't having cravings, why bother changing it?

To cheer you up, I've embarrassed myself by trying my hand at a limerick...

Coalfire was having a bad day
                            So MWO heard her say,
                            She screamed long and deep
                            But the States was asleep
                            And now her bad day's gone away

Comment

Sorry I haven't read every post in this thread, just the start, but anyway, I'm an Aussie alcoholic. I must admit that I don't venture into other parts of the forum much either, although I am often not online. My reason is probably that I have a weird obsessive interest in drugs! (But point taken, plenty of people congratulated me on a year AF, and I should also read what others have to say in other parts of the forum).

About cannabis, it can probably help some but not others. I found that it has given me 15 months of "time out" from alcohol, or "harm reduction" if you like, at a time when I felt I could not otherwise stop drinking. One problem with this is that addiction can and does occur, even though cannabis works differently to alcohol in the brain. The reason (in my opinion) is psychological, and quite easy to explain...someone who has grown accustomed to using alcohol for either the buzz or problem relief (or both) is likely to want to do exactly the same thing with any other substance that has an intoxicating effect. I have run into some problems with it, mainly next-day aftereffects like "pot fog" and scattered thinking. One thing I do notice however is that, for me, cannabis does not have alcohol's self-fuelling effect, where one or two can lead to a runaway consumption of more and more. It could be due to cannabis not having strong dopamine effects in the brain like alcohol, I'm not sure, but sometimes I also wish it gave more of an alcohol-like buzz, so it is not a cure for all alcohol desires.

I think a harm reduction path, whether using cannabis or something else, is an individual choice. I am not pushing it on anyone and I posted yesterday about hoping I can give it away and shift to baclofen. Whatever direction you take, I hope you enjoy good results.

Comment

I don't bother with GD because I don't see that point in Shouting out about another super sober sunday or any of that bollocks. Shout out? It's a load of wind. Or the ever-present Army Thread. WTF is that about?!
                                I'm also not interested in reading the same crap over and over again. "I held my breath for 600 days and then I fucked up and now I'm back to square one, I feel like shit..."
                                I tried talking about baclofen there, and my successes with it, and a group of harpies attacked me with their handbags. Fuck that.
                                So that's why I don't hang out there. There are some good souls who can flit effortlessly here and there, and I have nothing but admiration for them. But I have nothing to contribute there. Me saying "You can do it!" would be bullshit. Because I don't think, most of the time, you can.

Comment

Working...
                                X