Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The truth shall set you free(but first it shall piss you off)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's always interesting when people delete / edit posts and make these threads and responses confusing to say the least. I'm going to try to remember to use the "quote" feature to quote a post in it's entirety if someting seems controversial - like the OP might go back and change it, and for some reason that would confuse things more.

Can someone confirm that? If a post is fully quoted, the OP's edits / deletions to it would not be reflected, right? Could be edited then by the quoter, but not the OP, right?

Just pondering.....

Coal, I hope you are OK today. Stand by your words. If you say something you later regret, better to just apologize than to confuse and inflame matters further by changing things. IMO anyway...

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

You are correct DoggieGirl, if you quote in your own post only you can edit it. What the original poster said will stay intact in your own post. xo
      vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

coalfire;1107410 wrote: I People make an effort to say congrats except for .../Ne ev/...

Yet the same doesnt apply in reverse. Not one of you would reach the switch without congrats coming in from all fronts.

3 explanations.
        1 self obsessed

2 Baclofen is so. OMG SO LIKE THE CURE!!!!!.......... everything is else is boring.

3You come from a cultural background where ..... how shall we say... manners are an optional extra...please discuss.
        um. hmmm.

coalfire;1107451 wrote: just ignore me. Im in stinking rotten form.. Dont reply. Pretty much this thread is indefensible.
        ...(sorry to the Americans. You are a nation of high expressed emotion which is probably good and healthy if slightly disconcerting and it isnt your fault if everyone else isnt..we probably need to work on it. Sorry again.
        um. hmmmm.
        I don't really care what you've got to say about Americans. I know what's real and what's not. An expat Brit summed that up pretty nicely.

What about the people in the meds threads? I am very, very tired of being bashed by people that don't take meds, or bac in particular, and have SO MUCH to say about what I'm doing that they feel free to start threads to tell us how bad we are...

Bruunhilde;1107795 wrote:
        That rudeness could only come from an American.
        :H nope.

Comment

Bruunhilde;1107795 wrote: That rudeness could only come from an American.
          This was tongue in cheek, folks, as in "haha" and absolutely not meant to hurt CF.

However I admit that I was thinking, that Pony's "harmless one liner" could hurt feelings since it seemed to ridicule people who like to say they have three days AF. Or since I'm pretty stupid as well as insensitive, per the Pony's post, maybe I just didn't get your meaning at all.

Comment

He's not American, bruun.

Comment

Hence the joke, Ne.

Comment

Why can't we all just get along? Why the flare-ups and fights? I don't care how anyone gets sober-it's really up to them- and I think there are all kinds of personalities no matter where you are from...these threads are not helpful and seem to be created just to cause drama. So, I'll just get me some more popcorn and sit back and watch.
                It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

lol, Fluff The turn of this whole thread is a prime example of the reason why I only hang out in subs. Love you peeps, but really? Cf was having a bad day, if you take time to read all that she posted, in the end it really had nothing to do with any of you.
                  Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
                  April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
                  wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
                  wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
                  wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
                  wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
                  wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
                  wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
                  http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

lol Zen, amen sista!
                    Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
                    April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
                    wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
                    wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
                    wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
                    wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
                    wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
                    wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
                    http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

fluff;1108041 wrote: Why can't we all just get along?
                      I think you have two perceptions that are at odds with one another:

Non med, AA style: "I've am beating this or have beaten this with a hard struggle and now am not berefit in the morality dept. I have proven that I'm upstanding and people should therefore listen to my righteous point of view"

Bacer or other med: "I have proven that I never was morally deficient or lacking in will power. People should listen to my point of view."

This is far too simplified of course but the vilification one feels from giving up alcohol is very strong whichever way you achieve it and encourages you to encourage people to find what you have found. I expect that, in common most ex alcoholics have a fair amount of effort invested in their recovery and no one likes to see this demeaned. Maybe similar to what's going on in the medical, addiction treatment world.

When I get my good sobriety/life hat on I like to do this:
                      fluff;1108041 wrote:
                      So, I'll just get me some more popcorn and sit back and watch.
                      Started Baclofen 3/9/10 Hit my switch at 250mg on 21/11/10 Present maintenance dose of 50mg : started drinking after 1 year, upped dose to 80mg and stopped: Tapered to 30mg, started 6 months of drinking, upped dose to 240mg to stop 12/7/12

Comment

That's truly dismal Zen. Yawn and its only 9am here! lol
                        Started Baclofen 3/9/10 Hit my switch at 250mg on 21/11/10 Present maintenance dose of 50mg : started drinking after 1 year, upped dose to 80mg and stopped: Tapered to 30mg, started 6 months of drinking, upped dose to 240mg to stop 12/7/12

Comment

Pffffttt....

...earthlings :H
                          :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
                          :what?:
                          sigpic
                          Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
                          A Forum
                          Trolls need not apply

Comment

Enlightened or brain dead Zen.

He's making me hungry!

Comment

He gets paid for that! I once won a competition to see who could eat 5 hamburgers the quickest. No contest, I was hungry and broke!

Comment

The joys of island living!

He's bone fide hunter gatherer. Do a documentary on him.

Comment

Working...
                                X