Naltrexone SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've read that one of the side-effects is that, because Nal reduces the "good feelings" from seritonin release, taking Nal routinely can also

im on an ssri anti-depressant which increases the uptake of seritonin. the last thing i want is to supress it. my intentions would be to only take nal before drinking. any idea how long it lasts in your system.
    also am i right in thinking that it is prescribed by doctors (in the uk)?
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

Comment

i tried - a long time ago - to drink an alcopop-esque beer and cola mix. 2.4 % sounds about right. The result was I'd drink twice as quickly, then out of frustration, I'd resort to real beers anyway.

Of course, after guzzling several pints of sugary water every night in addition to the beer, my teeth were utterly trashed. Seems pretty obvious in retrospect, but alcopops aren't just a crappy lightweight alcoholic drink, they're a dentist's wet dream. So stay away, folks!

Comment

I believe you can take a DNA test to find out if Nal will work for you. I think Coalfire has posted info on it somewhere. I need to have it done, so will be searching, and if I find it, I will post it. However, that will be some time from now, since I am unable to spend much time on this due to work commitments. Anyone interested in this should search for DNA or genetic tests and possibly posts by Coalfire (I'm pretty sure it was she).

Comment

alcopops & pharmacies...

Thank you UK for defining alcopops! I believe that would be the equivalent of jello-shooters here in the states! Obviously, I am not the refined... but I get it now..

Thank you Rusty for the networking tips. I will definitely look into those links. I had to wait 4 weeks for my Nal and then the postman did not leave in my mailbox since a signature is needed. HELLO? I work!! I had to get off work early to go pick it up at the post office! ... but it was worth it!!

Spuddle, google tryptophan, I have done a lot of research and my conclusion is that I need to offset the effects of Nal for my "normal" high's. That is why I am taking L-tryptophan. I take it at night only because it makes me very sleepy...

... thank you to all who have posted on this thread. It has been so helpful to me! ...

-db

Comment

DiscoBunnie;1111445 wrote: Noelle, your experience is quite different than mine, I find that very interesting! How do you feel taking Nal everyday? For me, I definitely felt a sense of sadness on one occassion when I used it 2 days in a row. I've read that one of the side-effects is that, because Nal reduces the "good feelings" from seritonin release, taking Nal routinely can also reduce "good feelings" from every day happy events. Just wondering if you have noticed it effecting your affect in any way?
            Since I've been taking Naltrexone every day, quite a few things have happened in my life. My daughter was kicked out of the house due to her lying and all around bad behavior. It didn't bother me (although my husband was beside himself) because I knew where she was. I used "tough love" on her, like shutting off her phone and I didn't try to get in contact with her. She needed to find out what the real world was and she did. She came back after a month and things are very different. Part of that, I'm sure, is because I'm not drinking.

My dog had to be put to sleep suddenly and I didn't cry when that happened, but when I picked up her body that we had cremated, I cried a LOT!

I *have* had intense feelings of......it's hard to explain...just feeling SO GOOD, like my life is going really well. It just sorta rushes over me. I've always been quite good at hiding my feelings, burying them. Now, I can still bury them (like when my dog died) because everyone else in the family was falling apart.

The the other day I was with some friends at a bar and we decided to play a game of pool. The guy we ended playing against was a total asshole, drunk, and aggressive and I got my usual feelngs of intense competitiveness. I didn't play well because I haven't in a while and also, I don't think I've ever played pool while sober.

I was also given Vicodin for severe pain in my knee after my doctor gave me a shot in it. I used to LOVE the feeling Vicodin gave me, the high and good feelings. When I took it for pain, the high was gone, but it did take away the pain. I'm sure the Naltrexone blocked out the high feeling.

So I wouldn't say I've lost any feelings. I think I've gotten most of my feelings back.

HTH!
            Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Contrary to prior posts, Nal is an opioid agonist, not a serotonin agonist, so Nal should block the effects of Vicodin, Oxycontin, Morphine, Heroin, Codeine, etc.
              For this reason, people taking Nal daily should carry a warning card in their wallet/purse to notify emergency responders that opioid painkillers may not work in case of an accident.

Comment

Terry Oh;1112358 wrote: Contrary to prior posts, Nal is an opioid agonist, not a serotonin agonist, so Nal should block the effects of Vicodin, Oxycontin, Morphine, Heroin, Codeine, etc.
                For this reason, people taking Nal daily should carry a warning card in their wallet/purse to notify emergency responders that opioid painkillers may not work in case of an accident.
                You're right Terry Oh. I do wear a medical alert bracelet in case I'm in an accident and can't speak for myself. My doctor told me they can kill me by mistake if they don't know I take the Naltrexone.

Naltrexone is used for blocking the effects of the drugs you mentioned. My doctor has also given it to anorexics with great success.

I also remembered that my doctor told me the Naltrexone won't change how I feel. She said the reason I feel so good is that I'm not drinking. I do feel myself evolving a little, into a different person. I've noticed I'm quite a lot like my dad was. Rather outgoing and gregarious. I'm just overall happy.
                Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Cost of Nal

Congrats Noelle, what a great story!

This question is for anyone buying Nal overseas. Cost of Nal on Pharmacyescrow is abou $4.25 per PILL.

Anyone see good deals elsewhere?

Thanks.

Comment

AllDayChemist was the best I ever found.
                    :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
                    :what?:
                    sigpic
                    Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
                    A Forum
                    Trolls need not apply

Comment

Thanks Lo0p.

Comment