Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DONT TITRATE DOWN!

ACCORDING TO DR L, DR A HAS RECENTLY CHANGED THE PROGRAM TO:

STAY ON THE SAME DOSE YOU WERE ON WHEN YOU GOT THE SWITCH. DO NOT TITRATE DOWN AT ALL & DO NOT QUIT IT. YOU WILL NEED TO TAKE THIS FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. BY TIRATING DOWN YOU ARE TAKING A STEP BACKWARD AND MAY RELAPSE & HAVE TO START ALL OVER AGAIN.

DONT TITRATE DOWN!

Then I'd rather take the risk of having to start all over again, quite frankly.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

DONT TITRATE DOWN!

What a load of old cobblers.

The unexamined life is not worth living

Comment

DONT TITRATE DOWN!

Is this our old friend TracyA?

Comment

DONT TITRATE DOWN!

Murphyx;1113159 wrote: What a load of old cobblers.
          That threw me into a fit of the giggles.
          :H
          Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
          ~Clutch

Comment

DONT TITRATE DOWN!

Hi Joanie. Thx for posting. We've heard this before. Last October. Did he suggest you post? Your message seems rather urgent. And loud. Lol. What's the back story? Thanks for the help understanding.
            I'm w tip on this. Ftr

Deep breath, Joanie!

Comment

DONT TITRATE DOWN!

All,

She did not get me again!????...
              Must have stock in Bac because I believe that is hogwash to stay at the same level and not "program" yourself...what is the word? I believe it is 'Bollocks'.

Dang, I thought you only carried trolls on a key chain!

Lady:l
              The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.

*Don't look where you fall, look why you slipped*

Comment

DONT TITRATE DOWN!

Good try Lush. The term to use is actually 'bollocks'.

This is getting to be reminiscent of the time I spent teaching English in Japan!
                Started Baclofen 3/9/10 Hit my switch at 250mg on 21/11/10 Present maintenance dose of 50mg : started drinking after 1 year, upped dose to 80mg and stopped: Tapered to 30mg, started 6 months of drinking, upped dose to 240mg to stop 12/7/12

Comment

DONT TITRATE DOWN!

Hi Joanie.

He gave me the same advice. I honestly tried to follow it. It was the goal. After staying on my switch dose for weeks, I had to come down. I absolutely couldn't function. Not even a little bit. Job aside, I couldn't take care of my household properly. My mind was mush. He asked me to try the switch dose for 3 weeks. I think that's exactly what I gave it. Who knows? It's all a blur, really. I mean do it if you can, but I tried like hell, and I couldn't.
                  This Princess Saved Herself

Comment

DONT TITRATE DOWN!

Hi Red. Good to see you're doing well.

Asking you to stay at the switch dose for 3 weeks and telling you to stay there for life are rather different. Don't want to be pernickety but would like to get more information om this important subject.
                    Started Baclofen 3/9/10 Hit my switch at 250mg on 21/11/10 Present maintenance dose of 50mg : started drinking after 1 year, upped dose to 80mg and stopped: Tapered to 30mg, started 6 months of drinking, upped dose to 240mg to stop 12/7/12

Comment

DONT TITRATE DOWN!

Oh, no Ig. He does want me to stay at the switch dose for life. I can't do it. At least not now. Don't get me wrong, Joanie has talked to him, or knows someone who has. It's true. That's what he states. We tend to relapse when we come down.

Comment

DONT TITRATE DOWN!

Then why ask you to try 3 weeks was it only a 'puppy dog sale' tactic or does he think you may be able to taper after you get used to not drinking for a while?

It is f#cking annoying to hear this statement repeated time and time again when there are many people including OA that have tapered to a maintenance dose successfully. I myself am nearing 6 months sobriety and am currently taking about 1/3 of my switch dose. The way I, feel about and react to drinking, is a million miles from how I was pre-switch.

Other reports have Dr L suggesting that very gentle tapering can work.

Feel a metaphor coming on!!!:

Sobriety's like riding a bike. You can't fall over while the stabilizers are on but once you get the hang of it you don't need them.

Comment

DONT TITRATE DOWN!

ignominious;1113362 wrote:
                          Sobriety's like riding a bike. You can't fall over while the stabilizers are on but once you get the hang of it you don't need them.
                          :wd:
                          I'll do whatever it takes
                          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

DONT TITRATE DOWN!

JOANIEJEWEL;1113151 wrote: AND MAY RELAPSE & HAVE TO START ALL OVER AGAIN.
                            A "relapse" where you have to start all over again? If you drink on bac, you drink - it's not the end of the world. It's not AA where you have to go back and get your one day chip after having a drink. If you aren't happy that you drank and feel like it might go out of control, you can titrate up a bit again until you feel secure again. And then go more slowly as you come back down.

Comment

DONT TITRATE DOWN!

ignominious;1113362 wrote: Then why ask you to try 3 weeks was it only a 'puppy dog sale' tactic or does he think you may be able to taper after you get used to not drinking for a while?

It is f#cking annoying to hear this statement repeated time and time again when there are many people including OA that have tapered to a maintenance dose successfully. I myself am nearing 6 months sobriety and am currently taking about 1/3 of my switch dose. The way I, feel about and react to drinking, is a million miles from how I was pre-switch.

Other reports have Dr L suggesting that very gentle tapering can work.

Feel a metaphor coming on!!!:

I had a night after I switched, when I drank too much. I think he was referring to that. I guess I'm being confusing. Sorry. He thinks one should stay on the switch dose. For 18 months at the least. Maybe forever. Remember, he doesn't think bac has side effects. For people like me (many of us), who had a ton of them, it is not even a possibility to stay on long term.

Comment

Working...
                              X