DONT TITRATE DOWN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DONT TITRATE DOWN!

Asking people to stay at 250, 300mg/day forever is, IMO, insane. Who knows what the long-term effects of that would be, to say nothing of the outrageous expense.

Yes, titrating down too much or too fast can cause relapse.

I think everyone has a sweet spot they can find as a maintenance dose. Dr. A says so numerous times. Why, one wonders, has he changed his tune, if indeed he has? Did he fall off the wagon?

Comment

DONT TITRATE DOWN!

moglor;1113854 wrote: . Dr. A says so numerous times. Why, one wonders, has he changed his tune, if indeed he has? Did he fall off the wagon?Oh FFS, let's not go down that road again.

AllyB;1113731 wrote:
      A "relapse" where you have to start all over again? If you drink on bac, you drink - it's not the end of the world. It's not AA where you have to go back and get your one day chip after having a drink. If you aren't happy that you drank and feel like it might go out of control, you can titrate up a bit again until you feel secure again. And then go more slowly as you come back down.
      Ally, you summed it up perfectly, thanks.

The unexamined life is not worth living

Comment

DONT TITRATE DOWN!

Murphyx;1113880 wrote: Oh FFS, let's not go down that road again.
        It's not a road I've been down, so I don't know the history behind this. It all sounds like a bunch of bollocks to me, so I'm not going to spend any more time worrying about it.

Comment

DONT TITRATE DOWN!

Seems like bs, and a big assumption re some sort of homogeneity amongst alcoholics.

Maybe for some that might be the case, and obviously if it's a choice between a lifetime of alcohol abuse and a lifetime on highdose bac the latter is preferable.

I've been sober on it for the past 8 months bar around 5 occasions largely spaced out throughout when I did drink, but they didn't suddenly send me crashing down and relapsing undoing all of what I had achieved on bac and having to start over again.

Mostly now take around 15% of the dose I hit the switch on, with no sides, and complete freedom over alc.

Comment

DONT TITRATE DOWN!

That pretty much sums it up, thanks Toro.
            Started Baclofen 3/9/10 Hit my switch at 250mg on 21/11/10 Present maintenance dose of 50mg : started drinking after 1 year, upped dose to 80mg and stopped: Tapered to 30mg, started 6 months of drinking, upped dose to 240mg to stop 12/7/12

Comment

DONT TITRATE DOWN!

Abstinent for over 16 months. Tapered down to the occasional use of baclofen 10-20 at bedtime to help me sleep. No interest in alcohol at all. I have also lost over 60 pounds! IMO it is a case by case situation to be monitored by the one most affected by the addiction. My plan was and still is to take the lowest effective dose for as long as necessary for my goal.
              Sunny

Comment

Working...
              X