Hello - first post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello - first post

My wife took her first dose of Baclofen today at 4:30 AM. She is feeling relaxed and is excited to be doing something positive about her disease.

I want to thank all of you for your wonderful posts. I am so grateful for your bravery fighting this disease and sharing your struggle in public.

I found this forum sitting next to my wife's hospital bed in the ICU. It was a very dark time and I found a ray of light here. Thank you all very, very much.

I hope that eventually my wife will be able to post. In the meantime, I'll start a progress thread for her.

Hello - first post

HIYA Helper!!!
    :goodjob: and :welcome: and :l and lots of other mushy emoticons!

I'm very excited for you both! A support network, in this, as in all recovery from all diseases, is a very big positive. So yay to you both!

Tell her "hi" from Ne and I look forward to hearing more from you, and eventually, from her.

What's your plan/s, btw?
    :l again,
    Ne

Comment

Hello - first post

Good for you supporting her this way Helper!! It is great to have support at home!

Wish her well from us! We will be waiting for her when she is able!

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Hello - first post

Welcome, Helper!

Can I ask why she was in the ICU? Does her Dr. prescribe the bac, or are you getting it online? When you're ready, a little backstory, please.

Take care!

Comment

Hello - first post

Great news!

This is a wonderful sight with great info, and great stories of what people have been through.

Unfortunately or fortunately, however you look at it, it took a trip to the hospital, and a day in ICU for me to finally start on the journey.

Just tell her it does get a little easier everyday, even though Im still working towards my 30 days, I find it getting better.

You are a good man for being supportive for this problem she is trying to kick.

She will feel much better being sober, than she EVER did drunk.

GL to the both of you, keep us posted :welcome:
          Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Hello - first post

Hi Helper, and welcome.

I hope your wife recovers soon. She is halfway there with wanting to do something about the problem, and also having you there to support her. I look forward to hearing more.

Good luck to both of you.

Comment

Hello - first post

Ne/Neva Eva;1120157 wrote:
              Tell her "hi" from Ne and I look forward to hearing more from you, and eventually, from her.

What's your plan/s, btw?
              I will tell her Hi Ne. It's nice to meet you.

Thanks for asking about our plans.....

1. Panic.
              2. ???? - repeat I guess.

Seriously, she found a Bac doctor. He has her starting on 5mg a day for four days then up to 10mg days 5-7. Up 20mg a week after that. I'll put more detail into a proper progress thread soon.

Comment

Hello - first post

Thanks taw

taw;1120158 wrote: Good for you supporting her this way Helper!! It is great to have support at home!

Wish her well from us! We will be waiting for her when she is able!

I'll send her the good wishes.

Comment

Hello - first post

Thanks Bleep!

bleep;1120195 wrote: Hi Helper, and welcome.

I hope your wife recovers soon. She is halfway there with wanting to do something about the problem, and also having you there to support her. I look forward to hearing more.

Good luck to both of you.
                  Halfway huh. Feels a like we have a lot further than halfway to go. But I am feeling a little (ok alot) scared right now. You are of course absolutely right. I am very happy we are at this point.

Comment

Hello - first post

Tell her I'm here too! :cheering:

Can't you all just visualize me in an outfit like that...? I can!

err...

:goodjob: Hubby!!
                    :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
                    :what?:
                    sigpic
                    Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
                    A Forum
                    Trolls need not apply

Comment

Hello - first post

SassyLassy;1120177 wrote:
                      Can I ask why she was in the ICU? Does her Dr. prescribe the bac, or are you getting it online? When you're ready, a little backstory, please.
                      - I found a doctor on MWO that prescribed the bac.

She was admitted to the ICU following a siezure from alcohol withdrawal. She was apparently cutting down on her intake and it went pear shaped on her. This was the Friday before Mother's Day so two weeks ago now. She is 44 years old, I'm 46. We have two kids, a son 14, and a daughter 10.

While in the ICU she was treated with atavin for siezures... potassium, niacin, thiamin. She was medically cleared and we left against medical advice before the goon squad could take her "straight from here to a treatment facility" since I had insurance.

I have her home now. I bought out the local GNC. I'm pumping all the electrolytes in her I can. She won't eat ( I don't know how normal that is for alcoholics) so I am getting her protien shakes. She was supposed to follow up with the GI (Liver) doctor after she left the hospital, but she has been too sick to go to the doctor.

She started her Baclofen today. She is drinking about 500cc rum daily. It didn't mix well with the bac today. She seems to be resting better now and she did eat a tiny bit today.

I am supposed to take her for follow up with a Neurologist, GI, Gyno but I'm having trouble scheduling appointments as she is so sick.

Comment

Hello - first post

superhubby!!!

you are a wonderfull husband!!!
                        when i was sick i went to a detoxhospital and my hubby was there all the time for me and our son...
                        i know how important this is for her recovery i was feeling so guilty and alone out there to know that your family loves you and supports you is so important !!!
                        :good::good:

:l:l

Comment

Hello - first post

Lo0p;1120346 wrote:
                          Can't you all just visualize me in an outfit like that...?
                          Unfortunately lo0p I just did! Nah kidding, I actually have a little bromance going with that self portrait of yours.

Thanks for the cheers!

Comment

Hello - first post

I agree

Nelz;1120184 wrote:
                            Unfortunately or fortunately, however you look at it, it took a trip to the hospital, and a day in ICU for me to finally start on the journey.
                            I'd have to agree 100%, it is both fortunate and unfortunate. I can say that nothing will focus your commitment to another person like watching them in ICU for a few hours.

I'm excited to hear you have seven days! What a great goal to reach!

Comment

Hello - first post

:welcome: HubbyHelper!

You do sound like a wonderful husband. Your wife is lucky to have you. Were all the supps you bought at GNC, in pill form? Can she take them, keep them down? Why did they they let her leave the hospital if she is so sick? I know she would of course not be in ICU, but was she ready to be medically discharged?

Sorry, not to overwhelm you with questions, but I always wonder these things.
                              This Princess Saved Herself

Comment

Working...
                              X