Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meds combos - please add your experience!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone

I wanted to record my present path - for posterity or somesuch, since it's a bit different from the HDB stories. Maybe it can help someone out, plus I'd like to hear from others who are doing similarly. :welcome:

I'm presently on 40 mg of Bac and 25 mg (or less) of Nal. The Bac I've been on for several months, reaching a high of only 67.5 mg. The Nal I started last week. I've had great success with the Bac, being able to say "no" to booze successfully almost all the time. I have significant SEs from Bac, even at this dose and after this time, and I'm using the SEs to accomplish my own brand of aversion therapy. See, the stoned feeling I get from the Bac does not combine well with the buzz from AL. I take my largest dose at about 4 pm, so that by 6 I'm feeling spacey, and this reminds me that I really don't want booze in my life anymore. I've been having a few sips of wine or beer in the last week because of the Nal, but I really don't even want it, so I think I'll stop.

Incidentally and for the record - I had a very bad reaction to the Nal for the first two nights. After that it was fine, and I've found out since that this is not an uncommon reaction.

That's my story so far. I'd love to hear what others have to say about taking more than one med at a time. :thanks:

Hey new,

There are a couple of people here who have found success using this combination of meds. Seems to be a winner. It's good that you are seeing results on a low dose of baclofen. Your naltrexone dose is also half the recommended one - clearly the drugs get to work in your system!

Comment

I m taking:

25 mg Naltrexone
      25 mg Topiramate
      10 mg Fluoxetine
      .125 mg Xanax

This combination has given me the best results by far.

I also had very bad reaction to Nal the first two days.

I ve been on this combo just a little more than 3 weeks, so I don t know if this will last.

I m drinking 2-4 units a few days a week. I am having several AF days a week (this is awesome to me. I haven been able to do this in many years).
      :thanks:

Comment

Hi Bleep! :wavin:

Thanks for your input, Airam. And congrats on the great results!!! I`m finding the combination to be deadly for hang-overs. I had 2.5-3 glasses of wine a few days ago. Blech. I`m scared now. That was worse than 10-12 glasses used to be!
        Reminds me to add: 0.5 mg Ativan from time to time, and 3.75 mg Zopiclone from time to time. Once I`ve kicked AL to the curb, I`d like to do the same to all the meds.

Comment

I'm taking:

225mg baclofen
          150mg bupropion (for depression)
          5g L-Glutamine

I'm also on a very low carb diet ( under 20 carb grams per day )

The baclofen plus alcohol gives me outrageous hangovers. Fortunately, on day 5 of being alcohol free. The L-Glut also does weird things to my stomach. Jury's still out on efficacy for reducing cravings.

Comment

Hi Moglor

Congrats on 5 days (hopefully 6) AF. And the low-carb is a very good point. I find low-carb to be good for cravings, mood, and just about anything else. :goodjob:

Hi Amy - thanks for your input, also! I'm sure we will all take it into consideration. :H

Anyone else?

Comment

I'm currently finding success with 50mg Naltrexone (sometimes I take another 50mg if it's getting towards the end of the 10 window and I know I won't drink until later), and using 25mg Baclofen if I'm a bit stressed or would like a deeper sleep.

One of the reasons I kept sober on Baclofen at my highest dose was to avoid the horrible SEs worsening, Trouble was I felt so awful on it even without drinking that it had to stop!

I prefer not to take lots of meds so my current solution suits me just fine. I also appear to be moderating these days, which is a new thing to me!

Comment

anybody know if antibiotics are bad w bac?

Comment

Working...
                X