Newbie - could use some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a brand new newbie who just joined yesterday. I lurked for over two months and this site has been inspirational. I have learned a lot about what I am struggling with. I have also been working with an addictions psychiatrist and have made a small amount of progress using Gabbapentin. She prescribed Naltexone and I tried with some SEs.

The past holiday weekend was a tough one from drinking stand point, I was up to 15 drinks a day each day. On Tuesday I decided enough and ordered Baclofen online. I also set a goal of seven drinks/day or less for the rest of the week and so far making that goal. Maybe next week I can get to five.

Does anyone know a psychiatrist in the Chicago area who prescribes baclofen?

Thanks!!

I cannot give you much advice DHS51 as I am on day 8 AF! The only advise I can give you is stay here and post you have made the first step. You will get the best support and advise from MWO. Welcome!! Keep posting and have a AL free day with me xx

Comment

Hi, D.
      :welcome:

Sorry the Nal didn't work. Good job on limiting your drinks.

Wow. Lucky you. Dr. Levin is in Chicago. He prescribes bac. Did you tell your doctor about it?

Ne

Comment

[QUOTE=Ne/Neva Eva;1124729]Hi, D.
        :welcome:

Sorry the Nal didn't work. Good job on limiting your drinks.

Wow. Lucky you. Dr. Levin is in Chicago. He prescribes bac. Did you tell your doctor about it?

Ne

Thanks Ne!!! I am not sure what I am doing with this quote since I do not understand the system. If this gets through to you do you have contact info for Dr. Levin?

D

Comment

It got through. Perhaps you hit the little quote thingy down on the right side of my response?

I'll message you his information. Shortly you'll see a little box with a private message. That's from me!

Ne

Comment

Ne/Neva Eva;1124748 wrote: It got through. Perhaps you hit the little quote thingy down on the right side of my response?

I'll message you his information. Shortly you'll see a little box with a private message. That's from me!

Ne
            Thanks Ne! Huge help!

Comment

Ne

Comment

Hiya, DHS.
                How goes it?
                What's news?
                Taking the pills?
                Hot spell in Central Standard Time?
                What does Dr. L look like?
                Inquiring minds want to know all of this and more.

and
                :l
                Ne

Comment

Working...
                X