Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baclofen effects on Platelets

Hi everyone,

I haven't been around in quite some time (November according to my "last visit" stat), but have been doing fantastically & Baclofen has continued to work brilliantly for me. I'm currently taking 140mg/day, and had actually hit my switch probably around 120 (or maybe earlier). I tritated up just to ensure it stuck.

Anyway, my doctor is now fully supportive of my effort and encouraged to see how well I've been doing. (Another side note: I've fully re-engaged in life again, which has been most of the reason for my absence on these boards). She has been monitoring my blood work regularly and this last run shows my platelets have dropped below the minimum. It could be caused by a bunch of things (some more sinister), but for now we're reducing my Bac intake and will re-test in three weeks. I'm fine with the reduction and feel confident about it.

My question (finally) then to other mid- to long-term users is: Have you seen any impact on your blood labs? I did read a bit online that Bac can have an anticonvulsant affect, and that is one of the causes for a platelet drop.

Congrats to the new (and old) successes out there!

-Daz

Baclofen effects on Platelets

Hi, Daz! Such fantastic news about your results with bac! Thanks for sharing them. Even now it gives me fortitude to stay the course!

Getting your doctor on board is another huge accomplishment. Congratulations on that front, too.

As to the platelets, I have no idea. But I'll definitely be on the lookout during my next physical. What are the ramifications? And will you let us know what your results are in terms of the relationship to bac?

Good to hear from you!

Comment

Working...
    X