• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a wonderful life

BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

It's a wonderful life

This person claims to be taking only 6mg a day. That's one hell of a placebo effect.
    -Ian

Comment

It's a wonderful life

That site is hilarious. I particularly liked this description of their side effects:
      I felt a floating sensation, and became more patient with my dog.
      They switched on 30mg and now take a maintenance dose of 6mg. Easy-peasy, I don't know why all you idiots take 100s of mgs.

Hey Otter, good to have you back. Are you back?

The unexamined life is not worth living

Comment

It's a wonderful life

guardian;1128272 wrote: This person claims to be taking only 6mg a day. That's one hell of a placebo effect.
        hey Ian, howzit hanging? (and you never did get me your messenger IM name)

-tk
        TerryK celebrates 6 years of sobriety and indifference to alcohol thanks to baclofen

Comment

It's a wonderful life

He talks about a military study in which PTSD was treated. Is that with baclofen? He mentioned it took 7 days for something. Are there any studies on human beings, in which baclofen treats PTSD?
          This Princess Saved Herself

Comment

It's a wonderful life

I wonder what he regarded a bender as? Finishing a whole beer in less than a day?

Comment

It's a wonderful life

Otter, when I first saw the title of your thread, I was pretty sure you were gloating about your 6 month holiday! Good to have you back!

Comment

It's a wonderful life

I have been around this site here and there, spilling my pathetic guts about my AL consumption. Currently 750ml of vodka lasts 2 days.....with some wine mixed in. When I think about this I could cry at any minute, a dumb habit that grew exponentially and now here I am - I am not a 12 stepper person, I would like to drink on the weekends, or when out with my guy., Not sitting here alone night after night drinking. Sometimes I want to tell my guy what I am doing, call my parents and tell them, but I will never have the balls to do it. I want to handle this on my own, and I am embarrassed as well. My drinking has affected my life and screwed some things up for me, I am in grad school and am always afraid I will be sniffed out (it has happened twice - last year). Ugh I wish I could just mature out of this - I don't even like the taste anymore, waking up feeling like ass every morning - and having no energy or ambition. If not for my family, guy, and my pets and friends I think I would just end it, but I know I really don't have the balls for that. Well I admit this is a problem, I found that out a year ago at least, isn't it time for the next step already???? I feel like a dumb bitch!

Comment

It's a wonderful life

Hi Otter, hope you had a good vacation.

Hey Girl. I presume that you're considering baclofen. I can't recommend it enough and if you go down that route there is plenty of first hand experience here to guide you.

The baclofen course is actually really not that big of a deal for most people. you take the pills and then you stop drinking - period.
                  Started Baclofen 3/9/10 Hit my switch at 250mg on 21/11/10 Present maintenance dose of 50mg : started drinking after 1 year, upped dose to 80mg and stopped: Tapered to 30mg, started 6 months of drinking, upped dose to 240mg to stop 12/7/12

Comment

It's a wonderful life

Hi, Girl, and :welcome: I hope you'll let us know how we can help.

I say more power to the guy that posted the blog. I'm glad he found freedom, at whatever dose! And good for him for putting it out there. More impact could be had, for sure, but whatever, we each have our own way of sharing our journey. Not many places to do that about bac, that's for sure!

Comment

Working...
                    X